Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First spray is the worst.

Then your inner Picasso comes alive.
View Quote

Just saying, those Aervoe cans dry up in the nozzle something fierce if you don't use them.  Best get to painting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lol yeah I disagree with you. I think it's better without it.

That and magwells on AK patterns always mess with me getting the mg hooked in.
View Quote

Yeah, looks way better without the poly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Since I got the RS hand guard, and it's got a QD swivel cup built in, I have been trying to figure out how to get a QD mount at the back of the receiver, that didn't involve a welder, or metal work I couldn't do in the garage with a Dremel and a drill.

I came across the Impact weapons components SCAR QD sling mount, and it looked like it might work with the factory stock hinge hook sling mount, so I took the $35 chance and ordered one.

It showed up today, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased.  The fit isn't perfect, but with the bolt tightened down, it doesn't move.  So I believe it solves this issue.  Parker Mountain Machine also makes one that's a little more "elegant" looking,  I may give that a go the next time I need to order something from them.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks alright to me, doesn't look out of place. Impact Weapons components makes good stuff. I've drilled and installed other of their products into A2 stocks and what not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since I got the RS hand guard, and it's got a QD swivel cup built in, I have been trying to figure out how to get a QD mount at the back of the receiver, that didn't involve a welder, or metal work I couldn't do in the garage with a Dremel and a drill.

I came across the Impact weapons components SCAR QD sling mount, and it looked like it might work with the factory stock hinge hook sling mount, so I took the $35 chance and ordered one.

It showed up today, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased.  The fit isn't perfect, but with the bolt tightened down, it doesn't move.  So I believe it solves this issue.  Parker Mountain Machine also makes one that's a little more "elegant" looking,  I may give that a go the next time I need to order something from them.

https://i.imgur.com/8xtyFjU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6gZSEQF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ou15ORv.jpg
View Quote

This is awesome. I was resigned to using the hook style slings and this fixes it for me. Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]

@Finslayer83

Can you use the irons through the Aimpoint with that setup?  And is that mount an LT661?

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Finslayer83

Can you use the irons through the Aimpoint with that setup?  And is that mount an LT661?

View Quote

LT661 is correct, and no co-wit.

You see the FSP but the rear doesn't clear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LT661 is correct, and no co-wit.

You see the FSP but the rear doesn't clear.
View Quote

For others reference. I've actually been using a Vortex Crossfire 2 micro mount. Its skeletonized(like a cheap Scalarworks) and I can use the  Irons underneath the sight unimpeded.

Granted I don't mind the higher optic placement for most of my shooting
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry for the thread jack but here is my ACE 5.45 done up with some retro flavor

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97351/574320AF-4550-48D2-9043-103DCA03119E_jpe-1794257.JPG
View Quote
Need details on that pistol grip.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top