Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My man! I managed to snag one myself! Thanks for the heads up!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@soflanick RS has 10” blems for $185.

ETA: in the other products section.

Just snagged one - 24 left in stock.

for whatever reason I fired up the instagram and saw their post and was like "oooooh boy".

site crashed at first for about an hour but ended up loading later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You can’t come to my birthday party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

DAMMIT BOBBY, I wish I would have seen this

Stupid threaded frontend I have
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm going to state the obvious: these rifles look better with the factory bottom polymer on them. The receiver has too many angles to be aesthetically pleasing in their absence.

Apologies to all of you that disagree.
View Quote

I'm with BigSal
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm with BigSal
View Quote

I think I approached this all wrong. I should have opened with a story... A story about a younger me (circa 2006 or 2007). I just purchased an SKS rifle. Went on a forum, where a bunch of fellas were discussing this cool new chassis made by Tapco. So I tossed the wood, sold the bayonet and got (what I believed to be) a super cool tan tapco rig.

Years later, I realized I ruined the resale value and aesthetics of my rifle. I wish that someone could go back in time and tell the younger me what a mistake I was making...

Maybe there is a lesson there for you guys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think I approached this all wrong. I should have opened with a story... A story about a younger me (circa 2006 or 2007). I just purchased an SKS rifle. Went on a forum, where a bunch of fellas were discussing this cool new chassis made by Tapco. So I tossed the wood, sold the bayonet and got (what I believed to be) a super cool tan tapco rig.

Years later, I realized I ruined the resale value and aesthetics of my rifle. I wish that someone could go back in time and tell the younger me what a mistake I was making...

Maybe there is a lesson there for you guys.
View Quote

Grip modules are cheap.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Grip modules are cheap.
View Quote

I'm just a time traveler. I am not here to judge you.

I would like to see the rifle cut down to 13" like the ACE model 22. Maybe throw a ACE 22 style bayonet lug on it. I have yet to see anyone do that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Right as I got the message I went to the website and it crashed

Didn’t realize they had $185 blems

How about they make more instead of small batches? Anybody at this point should start making more FFS, MI needs to put more out there too
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would like to see the rifle cut down to 13" like the ACE model 22. Maybe throw a ACE 22 style bayonet lug on it. I have yet to see anyone do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grip modules are cheap.

Like this? But in 5.45?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#10]

aw yeah
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like this? But in 5.45?
View Quote

Yup, thats pretty close. Maybe a bit more barrel considering the caliber though. Something like this (but in 5.45):

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup, thats pretty close. Maybe a bit more barrel considering the caliber though. Something like this (but in 5.45):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/IWI_3686.jpg/1200px-IWI_3686.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this? But in 5.45?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/IWI_3686.jpg/1200px-IWI_3686.jpg

Was wanting to avoid another stamp but might fire up eforms this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Here’s a 5.56 13” SBR- NOT MINE

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#14]

I never liked the 22N model over the 22. The 22 has the original galil magazine interface, and looks less like a space-gun monstrosity. AR15 magazines are (objectively) inferior.  The allure of the 5.45x39 units is the fact they could share the same form factor.
Also, the lack of a bayonet lug just screams low levels of effort. Come on guys. We can do better.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Was wanting to avoid another stamp but might fire up eforms this weekend.
View Quote

This is the way! I am not going to get political, but you do not know when things could change. It is best to get everything done now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Fin, is the barrel diameter the same as the OG Galil? If so I have one of those bayo lugs
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Awaiting RS handguard which should be here today. Also have SAR/ARM stock on the way.

Thinking cut/ crown at 14.5 and pinning a A2x on there. Decided that I’m keeping suppression to the 5.56 rifles as they are frankly set up better for it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't wait to see it! I got to handle a 7.62 Galil yesterday and it was very nice, which makes me more annoyed that I missed out on these.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#19]
update Fin, do eeet, Do eeeet meow!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Changes the feel completely.

Now what colors of aervoe need to get sprayed

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow, looks like different gun!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#22]
ever since Zen did his WWII Tiger tank camo on his AKSU, it's been the bee's knees for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Changes the feel completely.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/71A1F16C-1B2D-40F6-B1A0-55FB124AB06B-1787878.jpg

Now what colors of aervoe need to get sprayed

View Quote

Field Drab as a base for sure

Dammmit I need one of those handguards
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Field Drab as a base for sure

Dammmit I need one of those handguards
View Quote

Well then - first one to comment wins!

Field Drab will be base.

I happen to have on hand multiple cans of:
- Field drab
- coyote
- earth brown
- OD
- forest green
- sand

went all out on my last Aervoe order.

Base coat to be sprayed within the hour.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#25]
@scoutH57

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#26]

forgot to take the tape off the safety
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Ah yeah, that's good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I like it, even though Nictra told me I wouldn't

Needs a little more contrast IMO...maybe some additional darker minor pattern? I'd be ok with it as is if it were mine though, nothing wrong with that scheme at all if it's just for fun
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
ever since Zen did his WWII Tiger tank camo on his AKSU, it's been the bee's knees for me.
View Quote
Well actshully, it's based on the Soviet T80 early camo scheme. All those years of vehicle ID as a tank commander subliminally put that pattern in my head

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like it, even though Nictra told me I wouldn't

Needs a little more contrast IMO...maybe some additional darker minor pattern? I'd be ok with it as is if it were mine though, nothing wrong with that scheme at all if it's just for fun
View Quote

I’m going to hit it with some laundry bag and brown. Didn’t have a shade dark enough to my liking so I’ll snag some krylon camo brown this week.

Similar to what I did here.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn I’m glad I checked Arfcom today, looks great! Waiting for pics of the netting
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#32]
stock arrived

new paint arrived

tool should arrive tomorrow.

Test run of color done on SAR stock. Going to re-do with this.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry for the thread jack but here is my ACE 5.45 done up with some retro flavor

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Crazy times these are.

I just happened to be screwing around online when I got the back in stock email for the 6" dual bolt RS handguards from IWI.  By the time their website loaded they showed 3 in stock, and by the time I got my order finalized, they were out of stock again.  However many they received were gone in minutes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Yall see what these damn things are pulling on GB? I have the pistol and rifle, and wow. Like nearly 4k each.

I dont plan on getting rid of them, but damn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Updated paint for the TN countryside.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Here's mine right now. I'm waiting to the F1 to return, I'm cutting it to about 11 inches, before I paint it.

Thanks for the tip @Finslayer83
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here's mine right now. I'm waiting to the F1 to return, I'm cutting it to about 11 inches, before I paint it.

Thanks for the tip @Finslayer83
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489439/ace_jpeg-1797473.JPG
View Quote

Nice!

Where are you sending it for barrel work? I've got mixed reviews from shops who are worried about concentric threading. Most have said they don't have tools to remove the barrel to spin it on center.

If you have a shop that can, Might as well drop the F1 myself. I'm thinking 12-12.5" as the 105 I have puts out decent numbers velocity wise.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice!

Where are you sending it for barrel work? I've got mixed reviews from shops who are worried about concentric threading. Most have said they don't have tools to remove the barrel to spin it on center.

If you have a shop that can, Might as well drop the F1 myself. I'm thinking 12-12.5" as the 105 I have puts out decent numbers velocity wise.
View Quote

I'm in the DC, MD, VA area. There is a local shop, Engage Armament in MD that completed the barrel chop to 12.4, thread for 1/2x28, and addition of an adjustable gas block for my 104FR. They've done good work on it. That rifle serves as a pretty sweet suppressor host with a RC2 and has been to a host of 2-gun and RNG matches already. I plan on doing the same deal with the ACE, minus the adjustable gas block since I have the KNS piston.

I like that length a lot too. My 104 is set up with an elcan 1/4 and zenitco stuff. At the 12.4 length plus an RC2, the BDC matches up nearly exactly with most 5.45 rounds I've tried.

I'm thinking of cutting it down to 11ish for flush form factor with the rail, but I'm still juggling that idea at the moment so I can have some consistency between both of these 5.45 guns.

I'm reaching out to the shop later this afternoon, so I can update you on what they say.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn that looks good!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#42]

done!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#44]

That is sweet
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Damn, looks nice!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I guess I'm finally about done with my SBR.  I need to find a smooth hand guard bottom cap, figure out how to WESCOG a QD swivel cup onto the rear trunnion, make a final optics selection, and possibly find a handstop that only uses a single slot.  I'm still undecided about a KNS gas piston.

The hardest thing is resisting the call of the cans of Aervoe out in the garage.

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I guess I'm finally about done with my SBR.  I need to find a smooth hand guard bottom cap, figure out how to WESCOG a QD swivel cup onto the rear trunnion, make a final optics selection, and possibly find a handstop that only uses a single slot.  I'm still undecided about a KNS gas piston.

The hardest thing is resisting the call of the cans of Aervoe out in the garage.

https://i.imgur.com/ekzJx7B.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, that's pretty rad!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ekzJx7B.jpg
View Quote

lord that's hot.

As to the Aervoe....."Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

lord that's hot.

As to the Aervoe....."Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
View Quote

That's the part that scares me the most.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lord that's hot.

First spray is the worst.

Then your inner Picasso comes alive.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top