Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2022 2:02:54 PM EDT
Going in for my first AK soon, need some expert opinions. I'm planning on sticking it with a 3x Prism (likely a PA 7.62x39 ACSS model) and was wondering what others thought of that. The alternative was a Zhukov stock + side rail.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I run that set up on two of my rifles. It works fairly well if you get the eye relief right. I’m using two of the older 3X scopes but I think if I had my choice I’d use the 2.5 GLX. I have that on another rifle and while the view is a hair smaller, it just fits better.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
In on this as I’m thinking of doing the same.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
TWS Dogleg is pretty solid.

-Make sure it's mounted correctly and tensioned.
-You may have issues with the bolt carrier sticking at the rear on some guns. Less so on a trigger/hammer that is broken in. A new recoil spring solved this issue for me tbh.

You can put the prism on a QD Mount as far back as possible, and throw one of these in front of it to still have iron sights if needed.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Cap, where can I find that rear sight?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Cap, where can I find that rear sight?
View Quote

I believe Keltec sells them for the SU16

Ugh dude I tried to get you a link and it's discontinued. Sorry

They do have these but it's a peep sight. The diameter doesn't seem too small.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/su16d-rear-peep-sight-kit/

You can also get these and potentially use a glock rear.

https://www.hightowerarmory.com/HTA-Glock-Sight-Bases-MULTI-Base_p_53.html

Otherwise they get a bit costly if you want to go the CZ Scorpion/LPA Rear Sight route.

In stock for $90
https://shop.cz-usa.com/545366901002.html

Honestly I think I picked up that whole set for $120.

With as robust as the Prisms are, I would be fine with a glock rear tbh.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again, Cap. It figures it’s discontinued. It’s probably been a while too As I picked that other site up from Keltec about a year or two ago. It works but I would have rather had the notch rear site.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot my PSA 104 with TWS top cover at a couple action rifle matches with mixed close USPA type stages and longer stuff out to 100yds with small steels. It's held zero just fine to make good hits with just a red dot.  I've better pretty happy with it overall.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, you don't say what the configuration of your intended firearm will be.  That makes a difference because of the distance from the sighting axis to the comb of the stock as your cheek contacts it.   The nice thing about the PA SLx 3X is that it comes with many different fittings for locating the sight at different heights.  But, none of those options will get you a proper cheek weld with a traditional wooden butt stock.

While having little knowledge about railed top covers, I can say that I am extremely happy with the PA SLx on a Master Mount.  With a Zukov stock, the cheek weld is perfect, perfect, perfect.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top