User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 3:58:30 PM EDT
2nd Less Well Known VZ58 Gremlin
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Your problem is that you bought an untabbed Century Arms POS!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Activity in the VZ-58 forum!  Wow, I thought I was one of very few who checked here often.

I do not have this or any gremlin, but I will watch for it.  Not sure if they are found on CSA 58's.

Bill
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bill3rail:
Activity in the VZ-58 forum!  Wow, I thought I was one of very few who checked here often.

I do not have this or any gremlin, but I will watch for it.  Not sure if they are found on CSA 58's.

Bill
View Quote
The CSA 58's  do not have the century problems
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isaidme] [#4]
You are a terribly misinformed idiot! This isn't a Ras or a C39! Some need the tab and some don't but other manufacturers of the ZV do have this problem as well. Elitests need not reply.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By isaidme:
You are a terribly misinformed idiot! This isn't a Ras or a C39! Some need the tab and some don't but other manufacturers of the ZV do have this problem as well. Elitests need not reply.
View Quote
While there have been many importers of VZ58s, i.e. TGI, Waffen Works & Czech Point (CSI); there have only ever been two manufacturers of civilian models: D-Techniks/Czech Small Arms (CSA) and Century.  The guy who owns CSA has 4 US patents on converting VZ58 full autos to semi-auto only.  That means that Century can't tab their guns and why theirs have the gremlin.  We're not being elitists, facts are facts.  BTW dude, the spell checker is your friend, use it!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Another reason why mine are CSA's.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jreinke:

While there have been many importers of VZ58s, i.e. TGI, Waffen Works & Czech Point (CSI); there have only ever been two manufacturers of civilian models: D-Techniks/Czech Small Arms (CSA) and Century.  The guy who owns CSA has 4 US patents on converting VZ58 full autos to semi-auto only.  That means that Century can't tab their guns and why theirs have the gremlin.  We're not being elitists, facts are facts.  BTW dude, the spell checker is your friend, use it!
View Quote
None of my VZ2008's had the gremlin in their first 1,000 rounds each.  Got them tabbed anyway.  Inexpensive and simple mod.  

The only drawback to a VZ2008 vs. Czech Point is that the VZ2008 doesn't have a chrome-lined barrel, and it's debatable if that's actually a drawback for civilian, semi-auto use.  Some say that the Czechpoints are nicer as they select their surplus parts more carefully, but my first two VZ2008's arrived with excellent fit, finish, and function.  My third one was clearly ugly and thrown together, but I refused the transfer and PSA sent out a beautiful replacement.

I bought mine in 2014 for $400-500 each, with a ton of accessories.  Today, they go for $700-800, with almost no accessories.  Considering the far superior warranty and customer service of Czechpoint, I'd probably spend an extra $300-400 and get a Czechpoint over a Century version.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By isaidme:
View Quote
Not CSA vz58's. They hold the patent for the fix and all of their rifles are manfactured with the fix (tab). It's not elitimism it's facts.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top