Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2021 1:50:47 PM EDT
Anyone SBR the pistol & run a Wolverine on it?  Any issues?

I've needed a 7.62x39 rifle for awhile, had talked myself into a VZ58, but wanted a shorter package.  Not knowing one existed, went to eyeballing Dracos & the like.
Fast forward to finding out it's possible, back to wanting to SBR one.  A Wolverine will live on it, so want to make sure they're a good match.
I'll put the beaver barf furniture & wire folder on it, too.  I know the latter isn't as comfy, but adore the aesthetics.  Sexy little beyotch...

Any mods required for function with that can or no?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago I inquired on some boards about SBR-ing a VZ58 and ran into a person who had done it and they said they opened the port hole size a little but can't seem to find the info in my old records.  At 13" your not cutting it excessively close to the gas block allowing some dwell time so It might be you don't need to do anything besides chop, crown and rethread.  Open the port if you have to.

The VZ looks sweet when its shorter for sure!
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Garand thumb just did a suppressed VZ pistol vid.  Give that a watch.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
That's exactly what put me back on this project!

The "smol" one's too short for me, though.  The 11.9 midsized one will be perfect.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Voland] [#4]
I have a 107cr and a wolverine.

Are you going to run subs? Mine runs supers perfectly. Subs needed the gas port opened up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Def will run subs, so thanks for that intel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spider:
That's exactly what put me back on this project!

The "smol" one's too short for me, though.  The 11.9 midsized one will be perfect.
View Quote

Will be doing this too. I already have a wolverine that I haven’t used and got the Apex parts kit from last Black Friday.

Tortort after almost a year just released receivers a few days ago and I was able to get one. Now I have to get the barrel cut to 11.9” and have it profiled slightly to fit the front sight post. I expect I’d have to open the gas port a little but we will see how it runs. Once it’s running well I will file a form 1 SBR.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top