Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2017 3:44:03 PM EDT
I cant seem to find the issue with it, but I cant get the pin out of the fire selector to actually remove the FCG. Just curious if anyone has had this / heard of this problem before and what the issue was? It looks like a G2 assembly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AubrayJ] [#2]
Another possibility is that the FCG is out of spec or the axis holes in the receiver are out.

Fixing the first one is easy, the 2nd one not so much.

AJ
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
"Possibly a bad/worn/missing disconnector spring. From what I remember, the G2 triggers don't come with a new disconnector spring, I could see someone neglecting to swap in the original one.
An axis pin walking out could cause your issue also, but if you can't get it out on purpose it's not likely that. Do you have a standard Shepherd's hook, wire type spring inside, holding the axis pins in place? Not sure why you wouldn't be able to get the pins out to inspect the trigger group if you're at all familiar with how it's put together. "

It has the standard shepherds hook, I should have been more specific about what pin. I can't get the pin out that holds the full auto selector in place on the LH of the receiver. the safety it is pinned to the safety. The disconnector spring makes sense, I will look into that, if I can ever get it apart anyway.

Thank you for your replies!
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean the selector (safe / fire lever)?  It has a little cylindrical piece that pokes into the hole on the left of the receiver.  It's all one piece.  You just rotate up and pull the selector out left to right.  Sometimes, I have to wiggle the selectors on my AKs up and down while pulling to get them to move, but there's nothing really holding it in (or not that I have seen on any AKs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJmeRdwCuQ  <- Some dude's how-to video shows how to get it out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I mean separating the safety from the old auto selector...which I have just given up on. I did find the problem though. If you hold the trigger just so the hammer will not catch on either the disconnector or the trigger hook. I am trying to go through the reset slowly and finding this spot. If you come all the way off the trigger quickly there is no issue.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stupiddumbface:
I mean separating the safety from the old auto selector...which I have just given up on. I did find the problem though. If you hold the trigger just so the hammer will not catch on either the disconnector or the trigger hook. I am trying to go through the reset slowly and finding this spot. If you come all the way off the trigger quickly there is no issue.
View Quote
The next question is why?

Are the FCG components just out of spec (or is tolerance stacking the problem) or are the axis holes wrong?

If you have more FCG parts you can try swapping them around until you find a combo that doesn’t have the fault you found. Alternatively you can get a adjustable FCG and use the adjustments to try and dial out your problem.

If the axis holes are wrong you’re pretty much done. I’d expect the fix of welding up the existing holes and redrilling them will cost a big chunk of what a new AK will run you.

AJ
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top