Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2022 10:24:35 AM EDT
Are there any registered transferable Russian built AK47/AKMs in the country?  If so, how much did they sell for?  I'm not talking newly manufacture semi autos, I mean the real deal.

Searching online only brought up articles on Chinese & North Korean bring-backs and they were going for well over 40 grand apiece.  Now I'm just curious if somehow, some way, a Russian manufactured wartime AK made it into the hands of someone who brought it back into the States (and how much it's going for).  If I recall correctly, that one example of a North Korean AK was taken from a Vietnamese soldier, so you never know what could have happened.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There are several examples I have seen over the past 30 years.  You will need 100K as a starting point to play in this arena.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One sold last year for just north of $100,000 dollars (including shipping/insurance).

Amnesty Registered Soviet AK-47

View Quote

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.  Not that I'm willing nor able to drop $100K on a rifle, but it is cool to see that there is indeed an example or two in the country owned by private citizens.

Maybe one day, that Bruin (Bruen?) decision can work in our favor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]
That's what I figured, it was more of a rarity or cool-factor thing than anything.  I just wanted to see how much they were going for from a collector's standpoint.  The Ground Zero of AK rifles demands 6 figure prices.  And like I said, I'm glad there are some transferable ones out there.  It's fine to have some in museums, but if it's privately owned then the owner can actually shoot/enjoy it every once in a while in its original un-neutered condition.

I mean, in my opinion (if I had the money) I'd rather have a North Korean one since it seems rarer in general, but that's just me.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top