Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The SKS is what it is, a 10 round semi auto with a wood stock.   It makes a nice handout or reserve rifle.   It's the best $89 I've ever spent on a gun.    With that out of the way 99% of the accessories are complete crap.   Btw, I wouldnt put that stock on my SKS if you paid me to.

$89? You got ripped off.
Paid $75 for my chi-com paratrooper back in the day. It keeps the safe from falling over. Doubt I'll ever buy another.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you think that is bad just wait till Tapco starts copying the SCAR stock.

64.23.62.10/Firearms/TapcoSCAR.jpg

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually, it's not that retarded. I have an SKS-D with a 16" barrel. The orginal wood stock has a recoil pad so it feels almost too long, and it feels too thick. I also have a folding style stock that's pinned open and it feels to long as well. My girlfriend won't even shoot it because the stock is too long.

It's be kind of nice to be able to change the stock length. I've always hated AR stocks on anything but AR's, but I really think it's a decent idea on the SKS for some reason, I guess because I love my SKS but I hate both of my stocks.

Nope, still retarded.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]

The SKS is what it is, a 10 round semi auto with a wood stock.   It makes a nice handout or reserve rifle.   It's the best $89 I've ever spent on a gun.    With that out of the way 99% of the accessories are complete crap.  

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO................101% CORRECT!!!!

There were some decent synthetic stocks a number of years back........simple, shaped just like the wood stocks, but with a longer length of pull.

DO NOT convert any SKS to take detachable mags........buy some stripper clips and learn to use them!!!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you think that is bad just wait till Tapco starts copying the SCAR stock.

64.23.62.10/Firearms/TapcoSCAR.jpg

You should be set on fire and then banned.....and then set on fire again

+1 I don't know who "you" is, but that whole gun should be burned. Then rebuilt.

Like TUMOR said, get a bunch of stripper clips and use them. They are very easy to use.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
i think it's kinda cool!
SKS's are just like 10/22's. . .you can dress 'em up all different kinds of ways
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i think it's kinda cool!
SKS's are just like 10/22's. . .you can dress 'em up all different kinds of ways

Dress-up is for Barbie.

Don't Tapco-fuck your rifles, children.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh crap!  This is too funny.  That is the most Bubbafried "Hold-My-Beer-While-I-Shoot-My-SKS" POS I have ever seen.  I just had to download that pic.  Too funny!  I'm rolling......  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're going to make your SKS cost as much as an AK... why not just get an AK?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you're going to make your SKS cost as much as an AK... why not just get an AK?

DING DING DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Of course, if you bought an AK, it wouldn't have one of those faggy T6 stocks on it!  Oh darn!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My rule is "No pistol grip? NO thanks! and no firewood stocks either!"

This TAPCO stock is the only reason I now want an SKS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Of course, if you bought an AK, it wouldn't have one of those faggy T6 stocks on it!  Oh darn!

you could always get one of those faggy T6 stocks for the AK.  Tapco sells them.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If I were you, I'd just try to find a cheap used AR or something.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I put a folding stock on an sks, but took it off almost right away.  The thing was very front heavy.  I wonder if someone could take and make a stamped sks reciever.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I were you, I'd just try to find a cheap used AR or something.  

Already got 5 of those.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I put a folding stock on an sks, but took it off almost right away.  The thing was very front heavy.  I wonder if someone could take and make a stamped sks reciever.

I doubt it.  It would be a major redesign and you'd definitely have to heat-treat the entire damn thing, to say the least.  It was hard enough for the Soviets to redesign the Type III milled AK into the AKM and it would be just as hard, if not harder, to do the same for an SKS.  ETA: Anybody ever SBR a SKS ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#19]
ever ask a gun shop if a SKS on the shelf is a milled or stamped  reciever version?

i have, entertaining answers to say the least.

"this one is milled and stamped"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh crap!  This is too funny.  That is the most Bubbafried "Hold-My-Beer-While-I-Shoot-My-SKS" POS I have ever seen.  I just had to download that pic.  Too funny!  I'm rolling......  

still needs a BUIS. what are you going to do when the eotech fails  and bubba needs you to shoot off a couple tracer rounds to start up the BBQ?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top