Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
i Love AK's , AR'S & M-14's , -- is there something wrong with me ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple Rugged Reliable

xie xie
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We like them because they're simple, dirt cheap and go bang every time.  And yes, we do like to get both Why do you like the AK ?  

I like the M4A1 + Mk262 Mod1 ammo
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
"Why would the american like AK47 rifleses?"
Because it is wise to study the ways of ones addversary.

Really, that's why I bought one and a SKS when I was in the military.

ETA: we like your women also! (send over a few, please)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The M16 rifles are more light,more accurate and more beautiful.

Some of us like both:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/snow04.jpg

Far as "beautiful", will give that to the AK:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/1PN58I.jpg

AKS-74??
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AK's have been preferred over M16's since the M16 came out. Tha AK is much more rugged, alot more reliable under adverse conditions. It will take a licking and keep on ticking. Me personally i like both rifles and own several of both, but i prefer the AK. The AK is like me, Rugged, reliable and ugly and thats why the women love me Even back in vietnam most recon soldiers preferred the AK because they knew they could rely on it. McM

www.tomah.com/lrrp_ranger/NamPhotos47/Okken20.JPG

our magazine thinks this photograph however is display war booty only
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We like all guns.   We try to own them all.

We will not let a Tiannenmen Square type massacre happen here.   Have you heard of that?
That is part of why we have so many guns.  AKs and M16 types both, and many more.

CJ

"a Tiannenmen Square type massacre"  only in the imaginatio
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It depends on how young they are, if they know the full story about Tiananmen...

But if you have any idea, then you understand part of the reason we enjoy owning a variety of weapons. It must be said however, that a large portion of the populace has no such concerns about the proper role of government. We call them people + sheep = "sheeple".

the Chinese concern of get money today
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

easy
come here(beijing) and say "I am an American. Help me, please." to some belle
pronounce: "Wo Shi Yi Ge Mei Guo Ren. Qing Bang Zhu Wo."
"我 Wo" = I
"是 Shi" = am
"一个 Yi Ge" = an( or a)
"美国人 Mei Guo Ren" = american
"请 Qing" = please
"帮助 Bang Zhu" = help
"我 Wo" = me
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us like both:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/snow04.jpg

Far as "beautiful", will give that to the AK:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/1PN58I.jpg

AKS-74??

Close, 4.5mm Yunker-3.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We will not let a Tiannenmen Square type massacre happen here.   Have you heard of that?
That is part of why we have so many guns.  AKs and M16 types both, and many more.

CJ

Sort of like Waco?  Or Ruby Ridge?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

easy
"我 Wo" = I
"是 Shi" = am
"一个 Yi Ge" = an( or a)
"请 Qing" = please
"帮助 Bang Zhu" = help
"我 Wo" = me

Be careful.  You'll only encourage the desperate boys.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Close, 4.5mm Yunker-3.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#14]
my uncle is japanese and he's a prison guard in CA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

easy
"我 Wo" = I
"是 Shi" = am
"一个 Yi Ge" = an( or a)
"请 Qing" = please
"帮助 Bang Zhu" = help
"我 Wo" = me

Be careful.  You'll only encourage the desperate boys.

zero: american passport
first: rich
second: handsome

desperate
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone forget to thank Chinese man for all those very nice Polytech AK-47s we got?

Confucius say: When in doubt, warrior must own both weapons. China AK numba 1!

Confucius say too: China must make more AK to give as gifts to America!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I wonder the same thing myself! What's with these fools?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Some of us like Ak's because they LOOK like a weapon, instead of an expensive toy. I like the rugged, threatening look of the Ak-47, versus the high-tech, fragile ambience of the AR-15.  

Odd...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Did anyone forget to thank Chinese man for all those very nice Polytech AK-47s we got?

Thats too damn funny.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I own a Norinco Mak 90 ( Milled ) and a Norinco M14 ... Thanks to my china friends...........     WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Personally, I like my AK as much as I like my AR, the AK being the prefered weapon of our enemy and the AR being one of our prefered weapons to destroy our enemy. My AR is, by far,  the primary weapon of choice. The AK is acknowledged for its rawness and durability. It can shoot just about anything you put in it. My AR is a bit more tempermental. But hey, the AR is a precision weapon. AK?AR? You gotta have both!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats too damn funny.

"We r very simple people with very small penises" [South Park]

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats too damn funny.

"We r very simple people with very small penises" [South Park]

hometown.aol.com/frenzyk2/images/south%20park%20me.jpg

.....thats good stuff......but I love my chinese ak's here is some pic's

yes yes the parts count is off but that is just for the pic's I changed them back after the pic's
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
AK's have been preferred over M16's since the M16 came out. Tha AK is much more rugged, alot more reliable under adverse conditions. It will take a licking and keep on ticking. Me personally i like both rifles and own several of both, but i prefer the AK. The AK is like me, Rugged, reliable and ugly and thats why the women love me Even back in vietnam most recon soldiers preferred the AK because they knew they could rely on it. McM

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Neat - is that a folding stock RPK (top rifle)?

I enjoy learning about AKs and other military rifles, but I much prefer my AR-15s.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

OK, so I'm IMAGINING it when I watch the videotape I have of the incident, which I recorded live off the news feed as it happened.

Don't make the mistake of trusting your government.  They are NOT trustworthy, except for one thing:   They can be trusted to try to control all information as information is power.   They want you to have no power and they want to keep it all for themselves.

This is a fundamental rule of communism.

I pray for the day when the Chinese people decide that they have had all the communism that they can stand,  and they force a major change.

CJ

Don't be too hard on him, CJ.

The Chinese government put a lot of resources into tracking down anyone who might have been involved in the protests at Tiannenmen Square.  Those who weren't good at keeping a secret have been "detained" or worse.

Poor tiengulden probably realizes that if he admits to any knowledge of that massacre on a public forum like this one, he'll be in the crosshairs.  Perhaps literally.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, there's too many pics and stories for AK use by Americans in Vietnam to be total BS.  However, I think the most likely reasons for it's use were either failure of the primary issued weapon (original M16 before the bugs were worked out) or loss of the weapon for whatever reason, or to confuse the enemy/for extended missions behind enemy lines where the situation dictates that enemy munitions are more available than American.  Generally speaking, it's a no-no to use a non-issued weapon and soldiers have gotten in trouble for doing so without good reason.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, there's too many pics and stories for AK use by Americans in Vietnam to be total BS.  However, I think the most likely reasons for it's use were either failure of the primary issued weapon (original M16 before the bugs were worked out) or loss of the weapon for whatever reason, or to confuse the enemy/for extended missions behind enemy lines where the situation dictates that enemy munitions are more available than American.  Generally speaking, it's a no-no to use a non-issued weapon and soldiers have gotten in trouble for doing so without good reason.  

I would not say they were preferred, but were widely used.  Using non-standard and enemy weapons was not nearly the "no no" that it is today.  I know a number of gentlemen who used them frequently, partly due to their reliability and ease of ammunition procurement, but mostly due to their sound signature.  Using AK's made it more difficult  for the enemy to locate their targets in many situations.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To say that without reasons simply puts you to the top of the Troll list.

Notice how i said "RECON" meaning LRRP teams, There was an awesome array of weapons LRRP teams had available to them but the norm was to carry an AK, Yes i understand the reason of your enemy hearing their own weapon fired and how it would confuse them. But the Vietcong used every weapon in the book. Most vietcong did not use the AK47, the NVA used them, the vietcong used whatever they could get their hands on. Yes they did use AK's but not in huge numbers like potrayed in movies, their standard issue was the SKS. A fellow in a group of riders in my motorcycle club was a Ranger with the Recondo teams in vietnam and when i asked him which weapon he prefered in veitnam he simply said the AK, when i asked him why he said reliability. That says alot about a weapon when a soldier uses the enemies weapon because of its reliability factors.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

OK, so I'm IMAGINING it when I watch the videotape I have of the incident, which I recorded live off the news feed as it happened.

Don't make the mistake of trusting your government.  They are NOT trustworthy, except for one thing:   They can be trusted to try to control all information as information is power.   They want you to have no power and they want to keep it all for themselves.

I pray for the day when the Chinese people decide that they have had all the communism that they can stand,  and they force a major change.

CJ

Really died some bodies, about 100.(because the road accident dies 100,000 people per year)
But had no a massacre of Yugoslavia type.
Most participants all lived today of very good.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/kxwizzo/100_0312a.jpg

Neat - is that a folding stock RPK (top rifle)?

I enjoy learning about AKs and other military rifles, but I much prefer my AR-15s.

no, it doesn't fold.....the stock was made for a stamped receiver.....and I had to fix it so it would fit a milled receiver......I know I have to fill that space between the receiver and the stock with something
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Really died some bodies, about 100.(because the road accident dies 100,000 people per year)

Uhhhh...yeah, sure.  Just keep telling yourself that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#35]
This is one of the stranger threads I have read...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

CJ

Then, why does the Chinese government try to hide it from the Chinese citizens?

For those who think it can't happen here:

Tianenmen

versus:

Waco, Texas
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

CJ

CJ

Janet Reno did it for the children, though they were all burned to death.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#38]
We are only free as long as our Government allows us to be free, if they cross that line then we must decide our fate. God forbid they every forcefully disarm us because the population would not stand for it but then again we did nothing while they burned over eighty people alive at Waco, Texas on national television.

I like my AK's because they are reliable but for the most part so are my AR's with a few exceptions. The new SIG looks promising to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I like my AK's because they are reliable but for the most part so are my AR's with a few exceptions. .

Same here pretty much.
If it wasn't for the fact that my AR15 is so reliable, then I would consider the AK as my primary. Reason for the AK coming  in second before the FAL is only because  the FAL is so damned heavy.
Once you have an AR15 that runs good(and it's not hard), it's damned near impossible to beat.  Superior ergonomics, sights, accuracy, lighter weight and lower recoil impulse. Greater firepower and more mobility.

#1 AR15
#2 AKM
#3 FAL

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like my AK's because they are reliable but for the most part so are my AR's with a few exceptions. .

Same here pretty much.
If it wasn't for the fact that my AR15 is so reliable, then I would consider the AK as my primary. Reason for the AK coming  in second before the FAL is only because  the FAL is so damned heavy.
Once you have an AR15 that runs good(and it's not hard), it's damned near impossible to beat.  Superior ergonomics, sights, accuracy, lighter weight and lower recoil impulse. Greater firepower and more mobility.

#1 AR15
#2 AKM
#3 FAL

well when the military tells you to put 2 in the chest 1 in the head you lose the advantage of firepower when you have to put 2 or 3 time the shots in someone .........+ ak's are use by our enemy so it's not like you would have a hard time of finding ammo
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#41]
the AK is just a simpler more reliable weapon system,.. you dont need to spend nearly as much time cleaning and mantaining it, the magazines are made better/ more reliable

so you like the M-4a1's huh? i was issued one once,.its just a M-16a2 with a short barrel,....they are alot nicer with the collapsible stock,. removable carry handle/rear sight,..and with the foreend rail system with the plain vertical grip.

im sure it is more appealing because where you are the ar is an exotic firearm,...and AK are kinda borring because they are everywhere,....it is the oppisite here

i dont think ill ever own another ar,...after so many years in the Army,.. i am just sick of them,.. they are not all that everyone hype's them up to be.

so what kind of firearms do they allow you to have in china?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#42]
All i know is that the AR is a boring weapon to shoot.  It puts holes in things, but they are small.  For example, the other day my friend emtied a clip into a metal door removed from a car at the range.  After he was done i shot around 5 rounds from my ak through it and the thing fell the hell over.  I just dont like that the AR has almost 0 recoil and shoots such small ammunition.  Knowing damn well that the likelyhood of using an AR or AK in a combat situation is damn near 0, the AK is a much better gun because it is simply more fun to shoot.  Know with that said, the AK is unshootable now because there is no damn ammo left anywhere (unless of course i want to buy winchester at 11 a box of 20).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here pretty much.

#1 AR15
#2 AKM
#3 FAL

well when the military tells you to put 2 in the chest 1 in the head you lose the advantage of firepower when you have to put 2 or 3 time the shots in someone .........+ ak's are use by our enemy so it's not like you would have a hard time of finding ammo

Depends on your ammo choice.  Ball sucks in pretty much every caliber.  If you could find some relatively heavy JSP's or JHP's in 5.56, you might have something useful.  Same with 7.62x39.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because we like all rifles that liberals say we can't own.  The AK also will keep shooting no matter what abuse it receives.  

the M16 rifles need to be wipe and maintain often ?

Wow....if you're posting from China, hope the Ministry of Information doesn't catch you agreeing with Arfcommers.......

Seriously though.....last time I was in China, a lot of foreign US based websites are blocked, and unable to have access to.

BTW......I SAW a few people in the countryside with single, open action shotguns, are they legal there?!  I know they were not Police/Military, looked more like a farmers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Man the ministry of information is gonna be pissed with this guy when they find out he's posting here.

We salute you noble chinese dude for the ass beating you are about to take in the name of freedom.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Man the ministry of information is gonna be pissed with this guy when they find out he's posting here.

We salute you noble chinese dude for the ass beating you are about to take in the name of freedom.

LMAO
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To say that without reasons simply puts you to the top of the Troll list.

Notice how i said "RECON" meaning LRRP teams, There was an awesome array of weapons LRRP teams had available to them but the norm was to carry an AK, Yes i understand the reason of your enemy hearing their own weapon fired and how it would confuse them. But the Vietcong used every weapon in the book. Most vietcong did not use the AK47, the NVA used them, the vietcong used whatever they could get their hands on. Yes they did use AK's but not in huge numbers like potrayed in movies, their standard issue was the SKS. A fellow in a group of riders in my motorcycle club was a Ranger with the Recondo teams in vietnam and when i asked him which weapon he prefered in veitnam he simply said the AK, when i asked him why he said reliability. That says alot about a weapon when a soldier uses the enemies weapon because of its reliability factors.

I would have to agree  alittle with motorcityman to a point. The LRRP could do it and get away with it because they was isolated from regular ground troops ( USA ) . And also it praboly would confuse the NVA with AK fire. Not all carried them. Ive read where some did and some chose not to.Parboly  more chose not to and carried US weapons. My opinion only .  
 But the Myth that US persoanl dropped M16's and carried AK's during the Vietnam war is not true . If you started shooting an AK in a fight most likely you would get shot by your own guys. It was pretty thick over there.... Im not implying that is what motorcityman meant either. The LRRP's could do it and there shouldn't be as big as a problem with getting killed by his own guys.  The M16's was problematic.The M16A1's turned out to be good rifles. The goverment shouldn't have rushed the rifle into service till it could be tested fully. IMO WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#49]
The AK-47 is a symbol of rebellion.  Rebellion has a broad appeal among free people.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:
There was an awesome array of weapons LRRP teams had available to them but the norm was to carry an AK,

Ok I'll call on that.  Do you have a source for your information.  I know a LRRP that served in Vietnam (he is a member of this board), he carried a XM177E2 and his statement was some guys would  try it, but only once.  Not a common thing at all.
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top