AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I guess I'm supposed to wait 72 hours to answer questions

Email and IM.

Or if you want to you can edit the original post with a response to the question.

Pretty simple.

Check it out.  I can edit this post again.

...and again

....and again....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
This thing is alot bigger than what alot of People know,Aimless trashed jnewts thread here on AK discussions.We lost a Member of our site staff too and I'm sure a few others will leave also.

As stated before,we've worked hard to make this the best AK site on the net and,I believe,we did.Its just disheartening to see the direction its going now and its due to people who never post on the AK side pushing their authority.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We lost a Member of our site staff too and I'm sure a few others will leave also.

Who?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
We lost a Member of our site staff too and I'm sure a few others will leave also.

Who?

JeepCreep resigned today.

Campy Bob, who was our Moses who brought us out of the darkness which was Gunsnet, left a year ago.

WHAT!?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
This is starting to SUCK ....

Am I going to have to paypal my dues to another site next year ???

ETA:  It's this year ........
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

Campy Bob, who was our Moses who brought us out of the darkness which was Gunsnet, left a year ago.

I knew about Campy, but he left because a mod screwed over a team member here; as I recall.

JeepCreep's leaving had to be about MORE than whether or not EE rules apply equally to all members.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This is starting to SUCK ....

Am I going to have to paypal my dues to another site next year ???

ETA:  It's this year ........

+1 - If that's what it takes.  I was going to go gold, but it might have to be elsewhere.

Just let me know where everyone goes

Actually lets not let it get that far - Krink, work on getting this fixed - soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a question for everyone here.

If you could get so called "AK Guys" to mod those forums, would you still be pissed for them enforcing the rules?

If anyone becomes a Mod, they will have to enforce the 72hr rule, just like the current mods.

No.  I don't believe anyone here would complain.  As I said above:

"If we have AK personnel moderate the AK EE Forums, then they have to abide by the current rules....no exceptions."

These mods can help enforce and EDUCATE the offenders.    I think it will go a long way
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
... or it could also hurt some relationships that have formed on the board already.

This would be my worry as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#24]
All this publicity on my bump and you would think somebody would buy my vest
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Raptor22,

I may get accused of sucking your/Site Staff's collective dick, but I'd personally like to thank you for your strict enforcement of the AK EE BTT rules.

disclaimer: I did not contact Raptor 22, in fact I almost never have any dealing with the Mods but I was pleased to see someone enforcing the rules that are written in black and white.

72 hours means 72 hours, not "about 3 days." This is to insure fairness, not to be unfair to someone who BTT's their own ad 12 hours early.

How is BTT your own ad "fair" to the guys that scrupulously follow the EE forum rules? I personally have never had an EE thread locked or even received a warning. Why? Because I follow the rules. Don't bump your own ad until 72 hours have elapsed since the last post, no matter who posted it. Respond to questions via IM and email and edit your original post to reflect any changes or new info.

Fellas, get ahold of yourselves. This place is getting like GunsNet? Do you really understand what you are saying??

I know why I'm here. This is the best AK site on the Web. I used to be at GunsNet and I got banned, like most of you guys. So you don't wanna renew your membership here? You want to leave?

Where will you go?

AKFiles? That place is dead. All of the threads are a re-hash of these.

Saiga-12? That place is mostly WECSOG and TAPCO... why limit yourself to one platform?

Gunco? That place was formed by refugees from GunsNet. It is a great builder's resource, but it doesn't have the depth of this place.

MIG/ETA only has a handful of posts every day.

Does that leave going back to GunsNet????

Or forming your own board then? All for what? Because you guys really want your cool AK stuff. Hell, I do too!

This is the same issue that concerned Ruseller. He didn't follow the vendor/dealer rules and got told about it and then tossed. Many of you that are pissed now about the EE modding were pissed about that as well. Why?

Because you really want your cool AK stuff! Hell, I do too!

Guys, you are letting your emotions get the better of you all over some Russian magazines and handguards.

Here:
Mods lock EE thread for violating BTT rules.

Here:
Site Staff locks a thread and bans a user account who is a dealer selling items withour dealer status.

GunsNet:
DThor sends members threatening email with insinuation of bodily harm and lawsuits for suggesting one of their "protected" vendors is screwing people over.

GunsNet:
Your thread gets deleted if they don't like it and you get banned and they keep your money even if you just re-upped as a paying member.

GunsNet:
All of the technical info that you selflessly provided for free is now locked away into a paying-members only forum and you receive no compensation for it.

Do we see a difference here???

Fellas, please, you are all great contributers here. I enjoy all of your commentary, even when we may argue. But please take a step back and reconsider some of the things you have been saying. Please take a step back and consider if maybe you are acting out of materialistic self-interest.

I love AK stuff too. But I don't feel that I deserve special rules just because the stuff I'd like to have is harder to come by.

OK, I said what I wanted to say. I don't want to see any of you leave. Please reconsider why mods enforcing the rules as-written is getting so many of you all stirred up.

Are you guys just in it for the toys, or is there something more here?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

this is the first that i'm hearing about JC resigning

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#35]
YES...the rules are the same for the AR and AK users...just seems like the AK guys are targets????????? Maybe they use a little heavier hand on this side......also go to the AR side and mention anything not AR and all hell breaks out.......we dont mind on this side. Its like theres a line drawn down the midle of the website on your left (the AR side) a shitload of guys with no humor...and on the right the fun loving talk about anything guys (the dark side).
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I stand with the BLACK SHEEP!!!!!!!  Give us back our EE....don't even think about messing with the AK discussions.  That is all.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
what is a trouble forum?  What do you need help with?  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#41]
OH GOD here comes repub18 I can see it now
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
OH GOD here comes repub18 I can see it now

Yep ... It's just a matter of time until he reads this and then we're really in the shit ... ...

ETA: I'm really just here for the entertainment factor but I'm still pissed about ruseller and the way that was handled ... or at least the way I percieve it to have been handled ...

I try to put my best foot forward when dealing with people in other parts of the world ... I try to remember that they probably don't understand some of the "Rules" ... Patience goes a long way ...

I just feel that the "Andrei" deal could have been handled better ... A lot of things went on that most of you guys don't know about and I understand the "Site Owners" position to some extent but I feel that someone panicked and made hasty decisions ... That or someone couldn't stand the competition ...

As far as the BTT rules,  I have no problems with them ... If I'm worrying about BTT it's probably because I overpriced it or it's something nobody wants ...    
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#45]
BTW: I'm very glad I'm not a Mod - Staff - Owner etc: ...

Baby sitting is my least favorite thing to do ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Raptor22,

I may get accused of sucking your/Site Staff's collective dick, but I'd personally like to thank you for your strict enforcement of the AK EE BTT rules.

disclaimer: I did not contact Raptor 22, in fact I almost never have any dealing with the Mods but I was pleased to see someone enforcing the rules that are written in black and white.

72 hours means 72 hours, not "about 3 days." This is to insure fairness, not to be unfair to someone who BTT's their own ad 12 hours early.

How is BTT your own ad "fair" to the guys that scrupulously follow the EE forum rules? I personally have never had an EE thread locked or even received a warning. Why? Because I follow the rules. Don't bump your own ad until 72 hours have elapsed since the last post, no matter who posted it. Respond to questions via IM and email and edit your original post to reflect any changes or new info.

Fellas, get ahold of yourselves. This place is getting like GunsNet? Do you really understand what you are saying??

I know why I'm here. This is the best AK site on the Web. I used to be at GunsNet and I got banned, like most of you guys. So you don't wanna renew your membership here? You want to leave?

Where will you go?

AKFiles? That place is dead. All of the threads are a re-hash of these.

Saiga-12? That place is mostly WECSOG and TAPCO... why limit yourself to one platform?

Gunco? That place was formed by refugees from GunsNet. It is a great builder's resource, but it doesn't have the depth of this place.

MIG/ETA only has a handful of posts every day.

Does that leave going back to GunsNet????

Or forming your own board then? All for what? Because you guys really want your cool AK stuff. Hell, I do too!

This is the same issue that concerned Ruseller. He didn't follow the vendor/dealer rules and got told about it and then tossed. Many of you that are pissed now about the EE modding were pissed about that as well. Why?

Because you really want your cool AK stuff! Hell, I do too!

Guys, you are letting your emotions get the better of you all over some Russian magazines and handguards.

Here:
Mods lock EE thread for violating BTT rules.

Here:
Site Staff locks a thread and bans a user account who is a dealer selling items withour dealer status.

GunsNet:
DThor sends members threatening email with insinuation of bodily harm and lawsuits for suggesting one of their "protected" vendors is screwing people over.

GunsNet:
Your thread gets deleted if they don't like it and you get banned and they keep your money even if you just re-upped as a paying member.

GunsNet:
All of the technical info that you selflessly provided for free is now locked away into a paying-members only forum and you receive no compensation for it.

Do we see a difference here???

Fellas, please, you are all great contributers here. I enjoy all of your commentary, even when we may argue. But please take a step back and reconsider some of the things you have been saying. Please take a step back and consider if maybe you are acting out of materialistic self-interest.

I love AK stuff too. But I don't feel that I deserve special rules just because the stuff I'd like to have is harder to come by.

OK, I said what I wanted to say. I don't want to see any of you leave. Please reconsider why mods enforcing the rules as-written is getting so many of you all stirred up.

Are you guys just in it for the toys, or is there something more here?

Funny. I was told ARFCOMMERS talked shit about Saiga12 like they were turds.

hmmm.......

no site is above elitist comments it appears.

I'm a contributor to Saiga12.com, and yes it deals with "few" platforms of weaponry. But the help received there is still "small forum" nice.

Something people often look for, and are comfortable being around.

This site, and it's "staff" could keep in mind.

Good Luck with your forum
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

OldTroop:
Its like theres a line drawn down the midle of the website on your left (the AR side) a shitload of guys with no humor...and on the right the fun loving talk about anything guys (the dark side).

Nonononono!
Hey, if TSHTF tomorrow, the AR guys are going to need friends with guns that really work! www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_evilGrin.gif

+1 LMAO..yeah I never thought of that
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't knock the Saiga12 guys.  I too am a contributer and that is the first on-line forum I ever joined.  There are a lot of great guys there and If you need help they are very knowledgable about firearms.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top