Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]

ALMOST looks like a glock?
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are those UTG (airsoft) rail covers I see on some of those rifles?

Yes, on UTG rails.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]

That is a Glock. Or perhaps a Molot copy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Pistols -

MP-443 "Grach" 9x19mm:

Glock 17:

FYI - The Russians have been using Glocks since 2009 when they received their first shipment of 400 Glock 17s for use in special police units.

Source: http://english.ruvr.ru/2009/12/11/2999087.html

Here is another Glock in Russian service:

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Also looks like lots of internal experimentation to find something that works better as well. Can't know if you dont try. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the goals of this competition: whip up some new variation of the AK, and see which one works the best.

As for that M4 rifle in the picture...not sure if its a MOLOT produced or purchased from elsewhere. Can't make out the writing on the fire selector to say one way or another. Also
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
These are special counter-terror police units. What you see here is definitely not standard issue. I know that OMON, OMSN, Alfa, etc. have the freedom to do non-permanent modifications on their rifles and also choose an approved service side arm.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

These are special counter-terror police units. What you see here is definitely not standard issue. I know that OMON, OMSN, Alfa, etc. have the freedom to do non-permanent modifications on their rifles and also choose an approved service side arm.

This is very true.

Only special counter-terror, police, and Spetsnaz units are given any flexibility with their issue weapons and modifications.

The majority of Russia's armed forces are issued the standard AK-74M (and limited issue of AK-103) with iron sights - any sidearms issued are almost always a Makarov.

Glocks, CZ-75s, MP-443s, MP-446s, and GSh-18s are not standard issue sidearms, but are all in service with various units.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are those UTG (airsoft) rail covers I see on some of those rifles?

Not just the rail covers, but the rails themselves, both handguard and side-mount, plus the covers, yes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#10]
honestly i've beat the shit out of some utg stuff,its actually pretty tough. people can smack talk some of their products but some stuff is somewhat ok
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
honestly i've beat the shit out of some utg stuff,its actually pretty tough. people can smack talk some of their products but some stuff is somewhat ok

Isn't UTG chinese? ITAR restricts items from MI, TWS, and Ultimak, among others. If UTG is indeed chinese, it would be easier to get imported.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

does not have to be tough...

it is hell of a lot better than having no optics.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]
UTG has rails they make in china and the US,they've been marketing the US made AK rail systems here more. they're not as good as MI but they're decent. i don't like metal rail systems,i like being able to remove the gas tube.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know how they shot what the courses of fire where And what the scores are. Or does everyone here just look at the rifles and not care about the marksmanship?

sound like a bunch of women looking at shoes

Why don't you go find out and get back to us since it sooo important to you....until then, I will continue my looking at shoes.

Well everytime I google it it brings up some stupid tennis shit.

Guess you guys are to busy "accessorizing" than shooting but hey more power to ya.

Carry on
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know how they shot what the courses of fire where And what the scores are. Or does everyone here just look at the rifles and not care about the marksmanship?

sound like a bunch of women looking at shoes

Why don't you go find out and get back to us since it sooo important to you....until then, I will continue my looking at shoes.

Well everytime I google it it brings up some stupid tennis shit.

Guess you guys are to busy "accessorizing" than shooting but hey more power to ya.

Carry on

lol...I know how my rifles shoot, I really don't need an action report from this event.  It is just a picture thread...good lord.  Going shooting on Sunday thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]

I really don't need an action report from this event.  It is just a picture thread

Actually, it's said to be an "Open Championship" so it's not "just a picture thread".  I mean, they aren't Runway Models.  

I'd be very interested in knowing the course of fire and the placements of shooters and weapons used.  I bet others would be, too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I really don't need an action report from this event.  It is just a picture thread

Actually, it's said to be an "Open Championship" so it's not "just a picture thread".  I mean, they aren't Runway Models.  

I'd be very interested in knowing the course of fire and the placements of shooters and weapons used.  I bet others would be, too.

indeed
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is fine.  That would be interesting.  But you don't have to make jabs at others to get that point across.  Everything about the pictures is relevant including the accessories, which are no doubt there to aid in performance..not for looks(clearly since some of the rifles look ).  It is a gun forum.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]

What is that round on the table. I sure looks like a 308 to me. What round would Russians be using in a precision rifle roll? I would think 7.26x54r. Do they have a more modern round that I don't know about(entirely possible).

You can clearly see 7.62x54r cases on the ground it this pic.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1257/dsc8048ttt.jpg
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Great pics.
I wouldnt get too butthurt about the Russians borrowing our trends. Our guys do the same thing. There is so much cross training among the high speed guys that it would be tough to pinpoint where all of the techniques our guys use come from. They send guys to learn from us, we send guys to learn from them. Our guy comes home and shows more of our guys how they do it and they adapt the techniques to our style. Their guy goes home and Tapco-fucks his rifle. His buddies get jealous and its a vodka fueled FUDDfest.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I really don't need an action report from this event. It is just a picture thread

Actually, it's said to be an "Open Championship" so it's not "just a picture thread". I mean, they aren't Runway Models.

I'd be very interested in knowing the course of fire and the placements of shooters and weapons used. I bet others would be, too.

EVR - if you're interested in specifics, your best bet is to either join a Russian forum or become a member over at militaryphotos.net - there is a Russian military photos thread that is updated daily - many of the posters are Russian or ex-Russian military. Some may even currently be in the military.

A couple of the guys are dedicated photographers who take military pictures - if anyone would know, they would.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Interesting. Also looks like lots of internal experimentation to find something that works better as well. Can't know if you dont try. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the goals of this competition: whip up some new variation of the AK, and see which one works the best.

As for that M4 rifle in the picture...not sure if its a MOLOT produced or purchased from elsewhere. Can't make out the writing on the fire selector to say one way or another. Also

Something about the M4 screamed Norinco CQ to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is that round on the table. I sure looks like a 308 to me. What round would Russians be using in a precision rifle roll? I would think 7.26x54r. Do they have a more modern round that I don't know about(entirely possible).

You can clearly see 7.62x54r cases on the ground it this pic.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1257/dsc8048ttt.jpg

Good Eye, I was wondering that caliber that Accuracy Int. AW Serious rifle was in the pictures.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I would love to have some of those things
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#25]
i think eotechs on aks suck, its not a cheekweld anymore its a chinweld. and that is detremental for precision and quick  shooting a lot.
they would be better of with an utimak and a aimpoint t1
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i think eotechs on aks suck, its not a cheekweld anymore its a chinweld. and that is detremental for precision and quick  shooting a lot.

Considering that the units using them are trained in CQB, eotechs on AK's are fine. I wouldn't say it's detrimental to quick shooting or accuracy. Have you shot an eotech on an AK? You are right, it's a "chinweld" or a "jaw-weld" but it's not that bad.

Ultimak rails and red dots aren't really great. Lot's of heat, and eotechs don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You're comparing the cheek-weld you get at your local gun range on a Sunday afternoon while wearing a t-shirt and ear-plugs with the cheek-weld guys get who are wearing large helmets, body armor, chest pouches, and other bulky accessories...
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're comparing the cheek-weld you get at your local gun range on a Sunday afternoon while wearing a t-shirt and ear-plugs with the cheek-weld guys get who are wearing large helmets, body armor, chest pouches, and other bulky accessories...

+1.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top