BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
wow some people get really worked up over this. Im thinkin its due to people regretting buying the type of gun they have because people rag on it. The one thing i know is for the price you cant beat the ak47 for combat, but the ar does have its strong points too. This was a fun thread to read but some of you need to chill out and relax. I dont have an ar but do have an ak and i love it, thats all i can say
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok people, I know this, the "AK vs AR" topic/thread has been beaten into the ground. I am trying to get peoples observations here who may have valid points or just interesting observations. Yes it is true both weapons are pretty much different-but they are used for the same purpose and used against one another on a daily basis around the world.

One point of interest to me is cleaning that was brought up, so I will address it.

AK: requires no special lubricants to work optimally, as for cleaning. From my experiences it is faster than an AR. I can generally get the gun very clean in less 5 minutes and spic and span in about 30. I have seen countries so poor that they could not afford/get cleaning oil or solvents. I have seen AKs cleaned with diesel fuel or Kerosene and lubed with old motor oil. Usually all can be done or gotten to with the issue cleaning kit (assuming it has not been thrown away) if not a coat hanger or similar piece of wire that can be bent and an old rag.

M16: Works very well with good lubricants-although I must admit I have never run motor oil through an M16. CLP is what alot of people use for everything. It has been my experience that clean with CLP and lube with LSA makes my M16 work alot better and LSA is more heat stable than CLP. As for quickness of cleaning "combat" clean (Barrel,chamber, bolt, and buffer tube wipedown and lubrication) can be done in less than 10 minutes. but a good cleaning takes about an hour or so. Removing the carbon fouling and cleaning the starfish are two tasks I specifically disdain. I have seen guys take them into the shower, solvent tanks, brake cleaner, carbuerator cleaner and any other way to speed up the cleaning process-entertaining to watch at times. Cleaning the trigger mechanism with out diassembly can be time consuiming, you tend to make good friends with the guy who got the "Q" tips in a care package from home pretty quick. My biggest gripe here is that alot is required to have on hand to clean the M16 well ("Q" tips, pipe cleaners, etc.-but in lieu of that you can make do with a rag and a cleaning rod section). I don't mind cleaning weapons for the most part.

I tried to avoid the terminal ballistics argument because people get very hot over it and there are many ideas both pre-concieved and read from articles and information gleaned from internet discussions that many people are very firmly entrenched in beliefs and thoughts on this matter. In the end though it is the better placed bullet that kills, everything else (Fragmenting,yawing, or lack of) just improves or decreases your margin for aiming error.

Please, if you don't like the topic you don't have to read it, skim over it or whatever. lust scroll on by it. But  if you must post your commentaary on beating dead horse that is fine, but do you really need to? I see alot of topics out there as have been stated earlier as being a dead horse-I just skip on by any topic I don't care for. Who am I to say it is a dead horse? Maybe to you it is but to others who want to participate in the various discussions they might be interesting topics. So I ask you please don't clutter it up with posts of this nature. I have not gone on to anyones elses topic here ever and stated it is a dead horse-I just ignore them. I also understand by putting this topic here that it invites scrutiny by all interested or disinterested parties.

Please keep it civil on this one. This is just an observational topic based on experience and personal opinions.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the STG is not an AK. It might look similar, but its different mechanically; rollerlocking last time i checked

are you serious?  

I think that's well established, and it wasn't my intention to imply they were similar.  I said the AK could of taken or improved on some of the aspects of the MP44 like the selector, or just putting the charging handle on the left side.

Don't be under the impression that I think these 2 rifles have anything in common other than they go boom.

that is a pretty popular misconception even on this board.  Every MP44 thread that's started maybe once a year, there's a rush to be the first one to say, "you all know the AK47 was a total rip-off of the MP44 right, I mean look at both, you can tell Kalashny didn't come up with anything original."

oh. sorry
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Range%20Day%209-13-05/Half%20Sized%20Range%20Day/RangePics9-13-05002.jpg

All my babies are BLACK and I am White. Next time I see Mr. K  I will ask him were he got his info to build the Ak47 from.  img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/M4-TUNA/41221874109_0_BG.jpg

From what Ive read and quoted from Mr K. He said he studied proven designs. He didn't  dream up anything that wasn't already out there. He just picked the very best for what he was trying to  achieve. I remeber him stateing he studied the stampings  of the German guns and took the bolt design from the Garand and the M 1 carbine. The rotating set up. .Personally he really  reeingineered the Garand sytem. He did a very good job at that.  It was a big thick libary book. It has been awhile but  was everything you ever wanted to know. And more than Mr K worked on the AK. He wasn't in a dark room by himself. He had folks giveing imput and correction to design also. For a Commie  he made a very good  reliable carbine  for the time period. IMO WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
As well as the 5.56 round has no terminal ballistics, at ranges that far out its punching small holes in people and they are still moving, The kills need to be from tramatic shock not blood loss. Shock is bullshit.  The only parts of the body that respond to "shock" are the brain and the liver when ipacted by a projectile at 2200 feet per second or faster, which is a little slower than an AK's MV.

The ballistics are ruined by people using 16" barrels. Because the round was made for a 20 inch barrell. HaHa.  Very funny.

The looser fitting parts allow for larger particles or buildups to get in the travel of the internal parts and not hinder the operation. Therefore less jamming. Clean it and you won't get a malfunction.  Jam is what my Grandma used to make with apricots.

But shooting a bigger round gives you better terminal ballistics, at close to medium ranges lets say 300 yards the round is devastating minimal. Once again at Long ranges the terminal ballistics are lacking, But the round nor the gun was made for long range shooting. And therefore can be used to 750 meters like some M4 variants.

Quoted:
I have both.  I still do not understand what the hell people mean by ergonomics, the AK is easier to sling over the back and is pretty flat and packs alot like a lever gun.  

I don't know why you'd want the gun on your back really... but I see your point.

Moron, You are thinking of shock like going into shock. Traumatic shock meaning the damage caused by the amount of energy the round deposits into the body therefore damaging the area surrounding the impact area. If nothing but the brain and liver are affected by tramatic shock how can you explain People and deer dropping dead within seconds of being shot in the chest with large calibre rounds? And are you suggesting that the 5.56 round was not developed for a 20 inch barrells, How about checking some ballistics charts on the muzzle velocity of the round leaving the barrell of 20" barrels VS 16" barrels. And the fact that you say the 7.62 round does minimal damage shows that you live and brreath the AR15.....and have no idea except what your friends that got you into guns, Probably AR owners, Have told you. College boy, have you seen the 2 in action? have you ever shot an AK? Have you ever seen a ballistics chart? And yes the AK "can" be used out to 750 meters....Well the area target of an M16 A2 is also 1300 yards...But that doesnt mean your gonna hit a person. And as I said "THE ROUND NOR THE GUN WERE MADE FOR LONG RANGE SHOOTING" You can shoot a slingshot a hundred yards too, But that dont mean it is gonna hit something. As far as cleaning......Go to a combat zone and spend a few months....You dont go to the range and come home and clean your gun.....You ride around in a 7 ton for days on end hoping johnny towelhead doesnt launch an RPG at you while your giving out food to his freaking son. Next time read the whole thread, make sure you comprehend, do some research and form your own opinion about something based on personal experiences. You sound like Combat Jack coming over here trying to spout off AR side catch phrases.......Thanks for playing and try again when you have more than 50 rounds through your friends AR and join a website cause you want to buy an AR of your own someday, COLLEGE BOY'

This calls for a WTF
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't agree on the malfuntion clearance. I think an AR is easier because mag manipulation is so simple and user friendly.

Double-feed jam. Ever try to clear one in an AR? The bolt carrier's back so you can't separate the receiver halves and if you can get the mag out that still doesn't help. You have only the tiny ejection port for access.
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for shitting in the thread. I got a little worked. I hate it when people Dont read and comprehend the whole thread and just take out of it what they want to enterpret and try to sound all cool bashing it. I also hate when people try to use thier opinions as a FACT  "Yeah, Right" just tells me that you dont beilieve it but have no facts to back it up. I have been a bad boy............
But VEPRS still rule.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't agree on the malfuntion clearance. I think an AR is easier because mag manipulation is so simple and user friendly.

Double-feed jam. Ever try to clear one in an AR? The bolt carrier's back so you can't separate the receiver halves and if you can get the mag out that still doesn't help. You have only the tiny ejection port for access.
Tomac

I've only seen one doublefeed in an AR and one in an AK. They were boyh running USA mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tomac

Fingerfuck it through the mag well, then rack the charging handle three times and reload. Works every time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what Ive read and quoted from Mr K. He said he studied proven designs. He didn't  dream up anything that wasn't already out there. He just picked the very best for what he was trying to  achieve. I remeber him stateing he studied the stampings  of the German guns and took the bolt design from the Garand and the M 1 carbine. The rotating set up. .Personally he really  reeingineered the Garand sytem. He did a very good job at that.  It was a big thick libary book. It has been awhile but  was everything you ever wanted to know. And more than Mr K worked on the AK. He wasn't in a dark room by himself. He had folks giveing imput and correction to design also. For a Commie  he made a very good  reliable carbine  for the time period. IMO WarDawg

Correct, it is a Garand with the action/gas system flipped over, and then a grip, a detachable mag, and chambered in the intermediate caliber he was told to use.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#12]
3 pages and counting
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sorry for shitting in the thread. I got a little worked. I hate it when people Dont read and comprehend the whole thread and just take out of it what they want to enterpret and try to sound all cool bashing it. I also hate when people try to use thier opinions as a FACT  "Yeah, Right" just tells me that you dont beilieve it but have no facts to back it up. I have been a bad boy............
But VEPRS still rule.

No problem, bro...

Have a cold one on me...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#14]
M16: I have seen the malfunction that is the one spoken of earlier (where the case goes up over the bolt in the reciever) quite a few times over the years. It sucks to clear and takes quite awhile. I have seen it with new mags and old mags-did'nt seem to matter. But usually it was centered around "Okay" mfr. mags.

AK: Most malfunctions are quickly and easily cleared without having to change hands like the M16. I cannot ever recall having a malfunction that is as difficult to clear as the above mentioned in an AK. But a problem with AKs is crappy ammo at times (I want to say Syrian or Iraqi mfr. brass case) failing to extract and leaving a case lodged or worse, part of the case in the chamber and then comes then cleaning rod scramble.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tomac

Fingerfuck it through the mag well, then rack the charging handle three times and reload. Works every time.

Not if you get a round hung up under the charging handle, the CH becomes useless.  This is the dreaded 'fuck you' malfunction.

Still can be cleared by droping the mag and pulling back on the bolt face thru the ejecton port with the nose of a round while pushing the charging handle forward.  This can be well avoided by using good mags.

I have only personally had this malfunction happen twice in countless tens of thousands of rounds.

Once with a worn out Orlite and another time with worn our 40 year old 20 rounder this past november I was using for a bench mag.

That one is a bitch. The garden variety doublefeed though, can be cleared without unslinging the weapon and in 20 seconds at most.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I know "KMFDM" personally.. If anyone can comment on this, he can.. He is not a keyboard commando.

2nd, this pic is for those that still think the AK is a rip off of the STG44/MP44/MP43-

This is for those that think a SIG 550 is an AK-

True, it uses the bolt and bolt carrier lock up of the AK.. But thats where it ends.. To call it an AK because of that, is like calling a G36 an M16 because it uses a similar bolt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey for all you guys out there that are still pissed about the debate IT WILL BE OK....hese
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Mon_LL/akandm4.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Mon_LL/mak-1647.jpg
These guys look like they are having a AK/AR debate...http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Mon_LL/ak-47.jpg

The truth is that they are both really great guns hands down….…. but when it all comes down to the wire it just depends on what that person prefers for what ever obstical they my encounter…

But if I where in combat or like the US would get invaded…(just to say) I would use the Ak….That’s just what I prefer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me take a few whacks at this dead horse. I've had an AR for 5 years and bought a WASR-3 in December.  

Reliability: Uncertain
So far I can't say one is more reliable than the other. The AR had problems with bad mags and a bad batch of ammo. Good ammo and USGI mags fixed that.  The WASR-3 had feeding problems from mag wobble. A bit of home gunsmithing fixed that.  Now they both run fine. Time will tell.

Ergonomics: AR
Mag changes on the AR are faster.  The drop free mags and the bolt hold open make a lot of difference. The bolt hold open also saves time in figuring out the gun is empty. The safety on an AR is in a better location.

Ease of Learning: AK
I think it would be easier to teach a total newbie to load and shoot an AK.  The controls on the AK are bigger, simpler and fewer.  You won't hit the mag release when you really want to release the bolt or turn off the safety.

Accuracy: AR
My AR is far more accurate. With open sights and WWB, I get better than 3" groups with the AR. The AK is still new to me and I get 12".  I think I do better with the AK. But I don't believe that it could do 3" with a scope.

Fun: Tie
I like the sights and feel of the AR. I like the accuracy. But the 'schpoing' of the spring in the stock is annoying.

I like the "I'm a cheap commie gun abuse me all you want" attitude of the AK.  I like being able to extract stuck cases by stomping the bolt handle with my boot.  I like that I don't care that there are some scratches on the finish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I have both.  I am effective with both.  For me it just comes down to which is within grabbing range if one was really needed.  In my world, I don't enviison any Red Dawn or zombie scenarios.  Most real world confrontations in Texas are short range and resolved with way fewer than 30 rounds.  For some damn reason, I find my AK is more fun to shoot. Go figure?  As far as all the pissing and moaning about how this subject has been beat to death:  WHO'S counting?  A few new things have cropped up in this thread and I enjoed most of it.  What I find moronic is this "use the search function" bs.  What difference does it make if this has been brought up before?  If someone has a new slant or are expressing their opinion, I fail to see how a search would be productive.  And if this subject is sooooooo BORING don't read it.  BTW I think my 120 pound German Shepherd can kick your pit bull's butt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So far I can't say one is more reliable than the other. The AR had problems with bad mags and a bad batch of ammo. Good ammo and USGI mags fixed that.  The WASR-3 had feeding problems from mag wobble. A bit of home gunsmithing fixed that.  Now they both run fine. Time will tell.

I think this is not a valid test of reliability between the 2.  On one hand you have an AR, let me guess Bushmaster or RRA?  and on another you have the lowest quality AK that has ever been slapped together and called an AK.  Using a WASR as a test to the AKs reliability is like getting an AR with a Hesse/Vulcan plastic receiver, and a no-name brand upper and barrel and testing it to hell.  Do you see what I'm saying?  Get a Colt AR and compare it to an Arsenal AK, and I think it would be settled after a long trial of abuse and testing.  I think you'd be hardpressed to find anyone on here who would consider the WASR a viable test subject in a reliability trial.  

-mark
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is not a valid test of reliability between the 2.  On one hand you have an AR, let me guess Bushmaster or RRA?  and on another you have the lowest quality AK that has ever been slapped together and called an AK.  Using a WASR as a test to the AKs reliability is like getting an AR with a Hesse/Vulcan plastic receiver, and a no-name brand upper and barrel and testing it to hell.  Do you see what I'm saying?  Get a Colt AR and compare it to an Arsenal AK, and I think it would be settled after a long trial of abuse and testing.  I think you'd be hardpressed to find anyone on here who would consider the WASR a viable test subject in a reliability trial.  

-mark

Yup, it's a Bushmaster.  

My point was to describe my personal experiences.  Not to make an all encompassing comparison of all AR's or AK's.

Now that I have added a spacer to correct the mag wobble, the WASR is quite reliable.  WASR's are basically a complete parts kits that comes preassembled. You still need to fine tune and workout any kinks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Locking threads because the topic has been discussed before isn't the answer. This thread started out with an honest observation, and a request to keep it legit.  You do not have to participate in the thread, or for that matter even read it. But you should not want to lock it simply because you are tired of the topic. If threads start getting locked due to repeated content, half of the discussions in this forum will disappear.

I agree to a point.

I think any thread is beneficial, even if it's a repeat, but...

when 10 threads appear everyday with the titles,

"Which AK should I buy, I'm new?"
"Where can I get 5.45x39 or 7.62x39?"
"I got trigger slap, how to fix?"  

and so forth.

All 3 could be complimented, by 3 tacked perm threads with the titles:

"Which is the best AK to start out with."
"AK Ammo shortage and what to expect"
"WASR problems that can be fixed"

then lock the threads that come up when someone was too lazy to search or notice the tacked threads above.

that way active threads or really good novel thread subjects aren't lost into the 2nd and third pages. I've missed some good threads on here because I forgot to read the 2nd, and 3rd pages.

Trigger slaps are not limited to WASR
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:03:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-mark

What are you implying here?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got a problem with the premise of your observation, you say that you are trying to be objective but then go on to say what your experiences are, that would make this a subjective assessment.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#25]
The only time I ever personally saw an AK jam/misfunction was a time when someone didn't insert the mag all the way (the back of the magazine didn't lock) and then racked the bolt.  The bullet didn't feed into the chamber correctly so the bolt didn't close all the way.

Fixing the jam involved pulling the magazine out, racking the bolt to let the round fall out the magwell, and reinserting the magazine.  Done.

Considering that it was the user's fault for not inserting the magazine all the way, I can't fault the AK.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I've seen AKs with bent recievers that wouldn't load a second round properly.  Ever.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#27]
The cliff notes for those who don't want to read the last 3 pages.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#28]
it's about the only time Combat_Jack shows up on this side.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
it's about the only time Combat_Jack shows up on this side.

I admit, I am an Active Topics surfer.

On the other hand, I really do need to get an AK. Go slumming, so to speak
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#31]
take an Arsenal AK in 5.45 or 5.56 and compare it to a Colt or Bushmaster AR.....then you can make comparisons and contrasts...

DONT compare the LOWEST AK to a name brand AR..thats not even fair.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The cliff notes for those who don't want to read the last 3 pages.

i1.tinypic.com/n3ukhz.gif

M:  Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A:   Yes it is.
M:   No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A:   No it isn't.
M:  It is!
A:   It is not.
M:  Look, you just contradicted me.
A:   I did not.
M:  Oh you did!!
A:   No, no, no.
M:  You did just then.
A:   Nonsense!
M:  Oh, this is futile!
M:  I came here for a good argument.
A:   No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M:  An argument isn't just contradiction.
A:   It can be.
M:  No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
M:  Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A:   Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M:  Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A:   Yes it is!
M:   No it isn't!

A:   Yes it is!
M:  Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
A:  No it isn't.
M:  It is.
A:  Not at all.
M:  Now look.
A: (Rings bell)  Good Morning.
M:  What?
A:   That's it. Good morning.
M:   I was just getting interested.
A:   Sorry, the five minutes is up.
M:  That was never five minutes!
A:   I'm afraid it was.
M:  It wasn't.
Pause
A:   I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M:  What?!
A:   If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
M:  Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
A:  (Hums)
M:  Look, this is ridiculous.
A:   I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
M:  Oh, all right.
(pays money)
A:   Thank you.
short pause
M:  Well?
A:   Well what?
M:   That wasn't really five minutes, just now.
A:    I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
M:   I just paid!
A:   No you didn't.
M:   I DID!
A:   No you didn't.
M:  Look, I don't want to argue about that.
A:  Well, you didn't pay.
M:  Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!
A:   No you haven't.
M:  Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.
A:   Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
M:  Oh I've had enough of this.
A:   No you haven't.
M:  Oh Shut up.

Please  tell me that was a cut and paste!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Here is an interesting question that was posed to one of my S.F. buddies while training some AMF in Afganistan in 2002:

Recruit: Sgt. how would you charge an AK where the charging handle had been broken off? Like on his AK?

Sgt: Well I guess you could get a tool or screwdriver of some sort and pry the carrier to the rear.

(BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER SEE WHAT YOU CAN COME UP WITH, I was scratching my head on this one)

The Afgan said nope: this is how you do it, he took the AK behind the front sight with both hands closed around  the barrel, held it over his head muzzle forward and butt to the rear and then snapped his arms forward and down-swinging the AK butt first like a club (but not hitting the ground). That caused the bolt carrier to unlock the bolt, travel rearward far enough to allow it to pick up a round on the closing stroke.

Bad points: number one loading an AK that way is rather hazardous for obvious reasons and my friend spent the 3 days trying to stop the other recruits from loading their AKs' in that manner.

The Recruit had actually fought in the Muj. against the Russians and still had his AK that he killed Russians with-sans charging handle for quite a few years. He later ended up being the equivalent of a first sergeant with his jacked up AK.

For an M16 this question was rasied by me at a later date-

(ALSO PONDER THIS BEFORE READING FURTHER)

A simple answer came from another S.F. buddy who had been to Haiti-he said find a Haitian that is being belligerant and buttstroke him as hard as possible in the face.

I said ok what in tarnation are you talking about?

He said he had seen a MP in Haiti buttstroke an Haitian so hard with his M16A2 that it cycled a round through the action of the gun.

I guess it is possible to do so with an M16 but I probably would not do it on a really hard surface like concrete or wood. Because of possible damage to the buttstock/buffer tube. And it is hard to have a ready supply of Haitians avaialble, not to mention the UN problems associated with such behaviour.

Both humorous none the less, hehehe
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I can see that.  I was trained to cycle a 870 one handed, by use of inertia.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Sarah Conner in T2!

\

If I remember right she used both hands.

You hold the 870 in your right hand on the grip at your hip, with muzzle pointed down range.  You then jerk back, and then thrust forward with a snap at the end to lock the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I have seen some old pumps all U have to do is hold the stock and bounce the gun up and down in the air and it would cycle. NOW that is looseeeeee and abused.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Sarah Conner in T2!

\

If I remember right she used both hands.

You hold the 870 in your right hand on the grip at your hip, with muzzle pointed down range.  You then jerk back, and then thrust forward with a snap at the end to lock the bolt.

Nope, the Malfunctioning Liquid Metal Terminator had stabbed her shoulder and incapacitated her arm.  She was inertia loading.

Ha, a movie debate.  Look again, she would fire with the right hand.  Then hold the shotgun by the fore grip with her left, then jerk the shotgun up and down to cycle.  Then she would hold it with her right hand and fire again.  That is two handed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
But she only did each move one handed...........................

That is correct, and looks good in the movies.

I have tried the O'Conner method one handed before.  The wife told me to knock it off, that the muzzle would point at my head during the cycle.

You hold the shot gun in your right hand.  Toss it in the air, catch by the forearm with your right.  Then jerk.  Then toss it in the air and catch it by the grip, with your right arm.  Fire, repeat.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Watch this...

The AK is by far the best weapon ever invented and beats everything else ever made.

(He he he... keep watching, the AR guys will fill a good 10 pages defending their semi-auto whiffle bats)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#46]
You know, if you just take a look at the Maintenance & Cleaning section for the AK-47 and then the AR-15 of these forums......well, I think they speak for themsevles of which one needs to be taken care of more.  

I own both, I like to shoot both, but if I don't keep my AR-15 clean, it is about as good as a paperweight.  My AK, I never clean it, no need to really, and it eats anything and everything I can feed it.  I had some old wolf ammo that got left outside for over a year, the steel casings were compleatly rusted over.  I checked to make sure the casing integrity was good on them, loaded up a mag and my AK shot them with not one problem.  If I had done that with my ar-15, I will still be trying to figure out how to get the bolt unjammed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top