Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]

guess that says it all.

That you have 14 arms?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear you, I am new over here and I thought I was the only one who likes a simple AR or Ak.  My last

AR is a LE6920 and forsome reason  I can't do anything to it because I like the looks of a AR with a

carry Handel and no accessories hanging all over it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold my AR, I still have my AK

Besides, it's so much more fun at the rifle matches shooting an AK at 10" plates @ 200+ yards
OPEN SITE......more of a sense of acomplishment when you hit one. I'm still of the theory that an Eotech = 4000 rounds of 7.62......I'd rather shoot more than be Tacticool.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an HBAR AR-15 with iron sights that I used to out shoot my dad's uncle with.  We were at 100 yds shooting at one of the targets they use to zero their scopes.  The funny thing is, I was shooting keyholes, while they were all over the place.  That proves that you don't need fancy optics to shoot good.  You just need good training.  I also have an SKS, RRA M-4 and a Vector AK-47 and I wouldn't hang all of that money off of them.  I'd rather spend it on ammo for more training.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
AKs look more evil, and they are cheaper that's why I will have 4 here soon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My ORF-built '74's have just what I want for the reasons I want: PK-AS sight for faster & more precise aiming, 'Znich' AK-74 tactical lights for illumination, Tapco SAW-style pistol grips for comfort (also stores a few bulbs/batteries), AR-M1 flash hiders to hide muzzle flash (duh!) & Romy folders for portablilty & ease of storage.
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
every rifle pic over there is of a 15 pound M4 with $2000 worth of crap hanging off of it...lol...

And what's wrong with that?!?

Not a thing as long as they are useful. I am mainly talking about those guys with TWO optics mounted on the same rifle, bipod, vertical grip, light, buttstock which holds a family size pack of AA energizers for the optic with a 10,000 hour battery life....lol...

I dont see anything worng with a set up like the RRA DEA carbine.

What about the guys who load up their AKs?

They'll slap an Ultimak on their AK and then load it up just like an overloaded AR.  

Hee hee... I love playing the devils advocate...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm still of the theory that an Eotech = 4000 rounds of 7.62

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a while.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
every rifle pic over there is of a 15 pound M4 with $2000 worth of crap hanging off of it...lol...

And what's wrong with that?!?

Not a thing as long as they are useful. I am mainly talking about those guys with TWO optics mounted on the same rifle, bipod, vertical grip, light, buttstock which holds a family size pack of AA energizers for the optic with a 10,000 hour battery life....lol...

I dont see anything worng with a set up like the RRA DEA carbine.

What about the guys who load up their AKs?

They'll slap an Ultimak on their AK and then load it up just like an overloaded AR.  

Hee hee... I love playing the devils advocate...

<shrug> Some people drive Civics with 3 foot spoilers and nitrous kits.  Me, I think learning to drive (or shoot) is more important than crutches and bling.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:30:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I like AKs,I like ARs,I like FALs,I like G3 but its not the topic that makes for good discussion,its the attitude of the People on the forum.Lately,I've been working on a few AR projects and I've spent quite a bit of time on the AR side.There are alot of knowledgeable folks there with good info but for every good informative response you also get several smart ass,14 year old Delta Operator responses.

Its good to be back home,to the Dark Side!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#13]
M4 is my work gun...and has been for years.  All I have ever had on it is a DOT sight, entry light,(small surefire generally) Forward grip,(only for house work, not in the woods, a total pain in the ass there)  Thats it, clean and light.  I use to love AR's, built all kinds, 9mm, 45cal, several different style .223's  I'm in the process of a SP1 clone now, but I have discovered that building AK's is just a whole lot more fun, and much more challenging.  It takes a while to get a AK together, but a AR can be popped together in a couple hours....Ye..... Ha.......
I would never carry a AK to war, my M4 wins that hands down, I have no "reliability" issues with it, and if you push 77grn BT out of it those F*%$ers WILL go down.  Don't give me the,

"well thats what you have been trained to shoot so you have to like it better"

CRAP, its just a better rifle all around, I have been shooting both a lot for years, and the AR is a better battle rifle.  All said, I really like the fellas here on the dark side, and the AK's are just a hoot to build.  My new addiction per say, and they are great rifles overall.

OBTW, I love the AR EE forum, it lets me sell all my old stuff, so that I can buy more cool AK parts!!!He He He, Suckers...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top