Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know if that DaysInn has any rooms left open?

There is 3 of us that want to go but its about a 3 hour drive if not more for us. We were going to come Saturday morning but we'd have to get up about 4 AM and it would be hard on us since I have to come back THAT NIGHT and work at 6am the next day. We might camp at snodes since we really don't know the area up there at all (never been there) but we are still undecided.

If anyone has recently called to get a room and got one please let me know.

Are you guys gonna have a little meet and greet at the hotel still?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh and what the heck do we do with our guns if we go to Days inn? I will be driving a Jeep wrangler with soft top (basically an open vehcile) and we will have three rifles and some ammo.  
I would be ok leaving the ammo in the Jeep but not the guns.

please advise

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
What's up with Ammunitionstore?

I thought they were taking pre-orders for ammo to be picked up at Bulletfest, but I called to place an order and they said they are NOT taking pre-orders.  

I haven't called Eric the Ammoman yet, but I heard he was taking orders to be delivered at Bulletfest - any info on this?  If he is, I suppose I'll be spending my money with him instead.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Are campfires allowed when camping at Snode's?

How far is the camping from the firing line?
Does it have mudbog potential like the Knob Creek camping area?

May have been addressed earlier, but does the admission include participation on the firing line or is there an additional cost?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
ammunitionstore is NOT taking any "pre-orders" they decided not to so it wouldn't become a hassle I guess. They are however bringing a lot of all the major calibers to be sold at bulletfest.

So is www.ammoman.com gonna have ammo there too by any chance?

ANYONE know what I do with my guns if I stay at Days inn?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
ammunitionstore is NOT taking any "pre-orders" they decided not to so it wouldn't become a hassle I guess. They are however bringing a lot of all the major calibers to be sold at bulletfest.

AS posted above, DOES ANYONE know what I do with my guns if I stay at Days inn?

I'd like to know about camping too... are there gonna be porta potty dump facilities and are camp fires allowed? need more details.... CAMPY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If they are in a case, I would just take them to your room. Otherwise, I wouldn't walk up to the checkin counter holding an AK. Might cause a case of the "shits" with the in keeper. hehehe
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
of course there be in a case lol i'm not gonna walk in with it slung patrol ready with a 30 rounder hanging out of it hahaha

I am only taking two guns and they will both be in plastic cases with "ducks and animals" (they are duck hunting guns, HAHAHA) probably ziptied shut or locked with small locks if I can find some
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

AS posted above, DOES ANYONE know what I do with my guns if I stay at Days inn?

I'd like to know about camping too... are there gonna be porta potty dump facilities and are camp fires allowed? need more details.... CAMPY!!!!!!

SLoV -

Too bad about Ammunitionstore.  I'm going to call Ammoman tomorrow and find out if he'll take pre-orders.  If so, I'll save Ammunitionstore a lot of hassles by pre-ordering from Eric.  I know Ammunitionstore will be set up there, but I want to be damn sure I've got some extra ammo there waiting for me.

About the guns and Days Inn - I'd definitely bring them in with you.  I don't know what their policy is, but leave the guns in the jeep while you check in (and don't mention you've got guns), then carry them up to the room after you get the key.  You might even throw a blanket over the cases when you carry them out of the jeep.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess if you want ammo from ammunition store you gotta be there to RUSH the table as soon as they say go. I figured it would get gobbled up at light speed.

Let me know about Eric @ammoman.com, just post back in here when you find out.

I have no intention of leaving those 3 rifles in my Jeep. I'll leave the ammo and parts/maintenance stuff (covered) in the Jeep but no way in hell with those rifles be left out there i'd rather sleep on the ground than have to leave them out in my Jeep. That isn't safe or responsible doing something like that. the blanket isn't a good idea and your right I would just get the key first and walk in covert like :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll talk to Eric the Ammoman tomorrow and post back here tomorrow night.  I've always had great service with Eric, but I figured I'd give Ammunitionstore a shot since Campy said they were taking pre-orders.  I may still buy some ammo from them because I don't think Eric has any good surplus 308, but I'll get everything else from Eric if he'll drag it there.

BTW - why don't you bag the hotel and sleep out in the field with the rest of us numbnutz and our guns?  I figure whatever I save on a hotel is just that much more lead I can sling downrange.

Also I think you posted something in another thread abut using corrosive ammo. I'm not 100% sure but I think ammonia will neutralize the corrosive salts from corrosive ammo.  I often shoot my 1919 in 8mm with corrosive ammo and I've never had a problem by cleaning with an ammonia water solution first, then dry and clean again with CLP.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
shaggy,

actually we are really considering just saying screw the days inn idea and "roughing it" for one night out there. problem is we don't have a tent but we are seriously considering trying to borrow one. we aren't little baby city girls so I think we seriously are just gonna hang out and camp for the night.

Everyone is camping AT snodes right and not at that campground, I heard it was farther away. I wish the other guys from AR15.com would camp too that way everyone can meet up. I'd like to meet as many people as possible from here while I can.  

and ammonia works just fine that is what I use. I just dilute it with some water so its not so aggresive (can damage stuff i'm sure) and I swap it around where any powder or powder smoke would have been. Then I run water to remove all the ammonia then I run alcohol to evaporate the water then I use Hoppes or a CLP type deal. No problems yet it really isnt that bad.

Is your 1919 full auto? I'm hoping to maybe see if anyone will let me shoot a full auto while i'm there, compensating them of course
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup, mine is full auto, and you are welcome to try it.  I've got it set up in 308 now, but I may bring the 8mm conversion too.  I'll have other F/A stuff too - Uzi, M11's, M16's, HK51, AM180.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys, a word to the wise......

Don't rely on the ammo vendors being there first thing. Last year Ammunition store didn't arrive till late and I think some guys were stuck without ammo till they arrived. Once they did show up the poor guys got bum rushed by a bunch of shooters wanting ammo before they could even get the trailer unloaded.

I am camping at Snodes. I will be the fat guy with a white truck. See ya there!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I was planning on driving up early Saturday morning but I think I'll 'ruff'it and camp.    

I use Windex with ammonia to clean the 8mm corrosive crap out of my 1919.  That damn carbon is a bitch to clean!!!   WD40 works good to get the water out before lubing it up.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I called Ammoman today.  He will not be set-up at Bulletfest.  I heard rumors he would be there and was taking pre-orders. Unfortunately, thats not the case.

Guess I better order my ammo now...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I called Ammoman today.  He will not be set-up at Bulletfest.  I heard rumors he would be there and was taking pre-orders. Unfortunately, thats not the case.

Guess I better order my ammo now...

Tisk tisk for shame.  Someone with all your stuff not having a supply of ammo already on hand.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#20]
You can have enough guns; you can't have enough ammo......
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I will one of these years......I'm waiting for Campy to upscale........Bwahahaha! Notice he mentioned eye/ear protection......but neglected groin armor advisories....hmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Any other prospects for ammo dealers?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#24]
You all suck!  Have fun and shoot a few rounds off for ole Hiram!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Sonovabitch!

Called the NFA Branch today to see if they've got my 5320.20's for Bulletfest and they still don't have them in the system yet.  WTF!?!  I sent them in by express mail on the 2nd and here it is the 19th and they haven't even entered them in the system yet?  They can't even tell me if they've received them.  Almost 3 weeks?  I've had F3's process faster than these 5320's.

Sorry for the rant; between the buffoons at BATF and the constant rain I'm getting a little cranky.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Shaggy, that sucks.  I put in my .20's right after Campy posted the address.  I did pickup my UZI and put that .20 in 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.  Oh well.

I've heard some people say technically you are just letting them know you are transporting them across state lines.  So if you had copies, maybe take them with your guns.  If something happens you can always prove you sent in the paperwork.

Now, I don't think I'd take the chance with my babies.

Call and see if they can approve it asap and fax you the forms.

My bigest delima right now is how much 8mm should I bring for my 1919.  I have just about 7k loaded up and I believe that should suffice.

See you next weekend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I know I asked Campy this before but to clarify...camping is ONSITE right ???
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I know I asked Campy this before but to clarify...camping is ONSITE right ???

Yes. Primitive camping on site (no electricity or water hookups). $10 per night.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sonovabitch!

Called the NFA Branch today to see if they've got my 5320.20's for Bulletfest and they still don't have them in the system yet.  WTF!?!  I sent them in by express mail on the 2nd and here it is the 19th and they haven't even entered them in the system yet?  They can't even tell me if they've received them.  Almost 3 weeks?  I've had F3's process faster than these 5320's.

Sorry for the rant; between the buffoons at BATF and the constant rain I'm getting a little cranky.

FWIW...

I overnighted mine to ATF on May 28th...

I JUST got the 5320.20 back today...

It's signed and dated June 17,2003.

The back of the form is stamped May 30,2003 as a rec'd date...

Judge accordingly...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like me and Tec nine will be there!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#31]
looks like I'll make it. Seems like none of my friends are allowed to come out and play. I'm just going to bring a couple of 9mm AR's I'm working the bugs outta them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top