Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2023 2:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer]
I just checked price and availability of another magazine for my Remington Model 37.

Admittedly, these are a bit rare, however, $400 for a 5 shot magazine and $500 for a modified single loading block does seem a bit excessive to me.

Each is more than I paid for the entire rifle which included one of each and original sights.  What's happening ?

Anyone know the estimated price for the entire rifle?

MAGAZINE

SINGLE ROUND LOADING BLOCK

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like about a grand for the whole gun. One just sold on Gunbroker for that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Truly,... INSANE!  

Redman556, thanks for the price info.  The magazine and single round loading block might sell for nearly $1k by themselves.  I wonder what the original sights and Lyman Super Target Spot would add to the price.  Are we to start "parting out" our guns to maximize our profits?

No need to answer, those are rhetorical questions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
3D printer?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#5]
Originally Posted By juslearnin:
3D printer?
View Quote

I'd bet there is a niche market for replacement magazines.  Why not have a spare or two that can be used without fear?

What is really unique about both items is they are machined steel, not stamped sheet metal and absolutely no plastic anywhere on the entire rifle and its sights.  The rifle and its parts are made the way the best quality centerfire rifles were made but happen to be chambered in 22LR.

The pictures above are not mine and were borrowed to illustrate the unique (and apparently rare) items being discussed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:59:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#7]
My CMP sourced model 52C came without a mag and I picked up a Wisner brand replacement.

Edit,...not sure they make Remington types but they are first rate in quality for the Winchesters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to the WISNER web site but their Parts Catalog is not showing up in my browser.  I only use Firefox, if that's the issue (I suspect it is not the issue).
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#9]
Could someone else look on Wisner's web site and tell me if they have Remington Model 37 magazines.

Wisner's Inc Parts Catalog
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#10]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Could someone else look on Wisner's web site and tell me if they have Remington Model 37 magazines.

Wisner's Inc Parts Catalog
View Quote

Not sure why but just clicking your link put a 20%http at the start of the link and gave me a page error....

Just noticed that there an extra space in the first part of the url that screwing it up.

On that note I wasn't sure exactly what a Remington 37 was but went down to rimfire bolt action under the Remington parts....these were the only mags listed, not sure if they would fit your model or not:
ETA...first column had rifle it was for and second column is the part number.

Hopefully this is a good link: Wisner's Inc Parts Catalog

Page I found this on: http://www.wisnersinc.com/model/remington-bolt-action-22-rimfire/

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Part that thing out and buy a Vudoo and a Tangent Theta.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:
Part that thing out and buy a Vudoo and a Tangent Theta.
View Quote

Uh,... (I have to think for a nanosecond)... no.

This is a very low serial number rifle produced in 1937.  It is a very fine rifle and it is a complete package - sights, mag, loading block, scope mounts.  Heck,. I even have a Lyman Super TargetSpot scope for it.  

I also have another Anschutz-based rimfire.  I am set for accurate rimfire rifles for the rest of my life,...  and beyond.

This was not about anything other than getting a second magazine for the Remington.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I could be mistaken, but I believe the model 37 magazine is unique to that model, and not compatible with the later 5 series magazines. I shot a 37 many moons ago, and had several magazines and like the OP all the associated small bore competition stuff that went with it.

The rimfire 40x replaced the 37 in the Remington line up, and as it was a direct competitor to the much more popular Winchester 52 at the time, I doubt a whole lot were made. It was essentially purpose built for small bore bullseye competition which is all loaded single shot, so I doubt even shooters in the 1930’s/40’s bought many magazines, as there weren’t really required for the type of shooting the 37 was used for.

My best luck finding odd duck esoteric stuff, is going through those junk boxes most older gun shops have and that you see at gun shows. This is a fun way to maybe trip over that magazine or single shot adaptor in rust6 but restorable condition for “ gimme 10 bucks”
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I now have a side hustle idea for my 3D printer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#15]
On a lark, I went to Gunbroker to see what was for sale.

A five round magazine for the Remington Model 37 is listed for $475!

You can almost buy a rifle for that much.  Admittedly, the rifle is modified and has no magazine or single round loading block but, still,...
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Asking or actually selling at $500 ?

I have a loose 37 single shot sled mag and the local gunshow guy with all the 22 target rifle goodies wasn't even interested in it at all, he did already have a few priced not anywhere near that high.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tangeant:
Asking or actually selling at $500 ?

I have a loose 37 single shot sled mag and the local gunshow guy with all the 22 target rifle goodies wasn't even interested in it at all, he did already have a few priced not anywhere near that high.
View Quote

I have not checked back to see if it sold or not.  I was just amazed at the price.  

The Model 37 rifles are really nice to own and shoot.  They are real rifles, made as well as any centerfire rifle, anywhere.  They just happen to be chambered for 22LR rimfire.  

It will be a sad day when we lose them because sellers over-price the replacement parts and thereby doom the rifles to oblivion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top