Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2023 8:01:34 PM EDT
Does anyone shoot these anymore?

In the 1990 to early 2000's we shot a lot of 100 meter rimfire matches.

Target where scaled down from centerline course.

Had a blast. I cleaned up with several 40 scores on shorter weight iron sight class.

Now I have trouble reading the words on my 581 without my glasses.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Late 80’s-early 90’s I shot both .22 and centerfire metallic silhouette at Red Castle Gun Club in NE OK.   I haven’t heard of or checked about matches in years.

For centerfire I shot a TC Contender w/14” barrel in 7-30 Waters. I’m later years I hunted whitetail and mulies with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Group I used to shoot fun matches would have sillywets on occasion.  Since I was the youngest in my mid-40s (most were 65+) we shot from a bench, but to even that out we doubled the distances.

Still have a set of 5 of each animal...
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally died out last year at the range where I shoot. Guys that were big into it just got too old or died off. The targets have been repurposed for the benchrest rimfire matches. 1/5 scale chickens and turkey at 200 yds are fun with 22lr.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
At my Club, the targets were repurposed for general use.  They are permanently positioned at various ranges so people have something to shoot at and (hopefully) won't shoot the trees and other structures around the range.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
We have that up here, as well as a number of ranges doing NRL22 stuff. Lots of fun, I'd say shooting steel with rimfire is about the most enjoyable activity I can do with my firearms. I really like it
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My club in AZ has a pretty robust group of silhouette shooters, and there are a good number of matches in the Phoenix area ( about 90 minutes south of me) as well.
We shoot a 60 round match 15 shots for each animal)
And shoot one offhand and one benchrest match each month.
Our typical turnout is about 40 shooters for bench and about half that for offhand.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#8]
Maybe I misunderstood. Are you asking how to find a match OP? Not sure where you are, but you can either go to Google Maps and then look for ranges in your area. From there look at the website for the range to see what they offer for events.
Alternatively you can look on Practiscore  for any matches near you. Full disclosure, I dont really care for Practiscore but its what a lot of events use to register so.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top