Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2023 10:32:41 AM EDT
My dedicated gun currently has one of the old DPMS bull barrel uppers on it now, I'm looking for a decent upgrade in performance with the barrel from John.  It will be 1" straight contour.  It will likely be a couple weeks before I get to the range because of weather but I'll have pics and groups to follow.  It just shipped today.  

here's the product page for these barrels but I would bet most of you guys know what they are:  https://keystoneaccuracy.com/ar22/
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bpm990d] [#1]
I got one of his Green Mountain barrels set up as a Service Rifle and it shoots pretty good with 10X. Not exactly Anschutz groups, but not bad for a semi. These are at 50 yards.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great to me.  I'm sure it will shoot better than I can, and that's good enough for me to burn bricks of CCI Standard and work on my fundamentals.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
That barrel arrived today.  It's fantastic as far as fit and finish.  It fits my upper right on the edge of being too tight, but also tight enough to help contribute to accuracy.  It took consistently the same amount of force the whole way in too, I did not mic it but I can tell it's perfectly cylindrical where it fits into the receiver.  I realize a competent machinist should be able to hit a target but still it's great to see this level of work.  

I had high hopes and I'm really impressed with it so far.  

No range trip for a couple weeks which is a bummer.  But I'll have groups to show.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had 3 Keystone Armory barrels and every one was a shooter.

I wanted a lighter rifle, so I ended up with a Volksquarten tensioned carbon fiber--I think my last Keystone was slightly more accurate, but it was also something like 3 lbs heavier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bpm990d:
I got one of his Green Mountain barrels set up as a Service Rifle and it shoots pretty good with 10X. Not exactly Anschutz groups, but not bad for a semi. These are at 50 yards.

View Quote

I have (2) Keystone Accuracy AR22 barrels; one is an 18" w/Service Rifle Contour the other is 12.5" 0.750" straight contour.  They both shoot flippin' great but I've never shot anything like Eley tenex.  Your pictures have me stoked to buy some.  Great Shooting!  I'm confident the OP will be well satisfied with his purchase.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FighterFixer1:
I've had 3 Keystone Armory barrels and every one was a shooter.

I wanted a lighter rifle, so I ended up with a Volksquarten tensioned carbon fiber--I think my last Keystone was slightly more accurate, but it was also something like 3 lbs heavier.
View Quote

For what platform were your Keystone barrels configured?

and the Volquartsen barrel?  Was that for a 10/22?  In an email exchange I asked them to make AR22 barrels but they indicated there's not a large enough market for them to do so.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]

I made a mistake.  My barrels were Keystone Arms, not Keystone Armory.  Keystone Arms makes inexpensive 10/22 barrels that shoot pretty good.

My apologies.

(and yes, 10/22)
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Erik72:

I have (2) Keystone Accuracy AR22 barrels; one is an 18" w/Service Rifle Contour the other is 12.5" 0.750" straight contour.  They both shoot flippin' great but I've never shot anything like Eley tenex.  Your pictures have me stoked to buy some.  Great Shooting!  I'm confident the OP will be well satisfied with his purchase.
View Quote

You won't like the price of TenX. Surprisingly mine shot very well with Norma Tac-22 which is $3 ish bucks a box. I've shot Lapua Master out of it and that shot very well. I don't even think that's a catalog item from Lapua any more. That ammo was at least 25 years old. Good .22 ammo makes a huge difference when you are shooting 50m.

I have some Wolf match ammo to test in it, I'll see how that goes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Keystone accuracy is a solid shop that yields great results.

For 10/22, Feddersen is a solid option at an affordable price.

50yds
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
very nice . thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:My dedicated gun currently has one of the old DPMS bull barrel uppers on it now, I'm looking for a decent upgrade in performance with the barrel from John.  It will be 1" straight contour.  It will likely be a couple weeks before I get to the range because of weather but I'll have pics and groups to follow.  It just shipped today.  
View Quote

Any update?  Range report?  Pics?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top