Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2023 10:16:25 PM EDT
I have an older savage 17hmr that needs some upgrades. I’m thinking some form of a chassis to replace the cheap plastic stock, one of the bsa sweet 17 scopes and probably a refinish.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a chassis for it? I would prefer one that doesn’t have a buffer tube stick setup on it.

And does anyone have any experience with a bsa sweet 17? Anything I should be concerned with or to look out for .

I’m sorry this is posted in the .22 precision section, but I didn’t see a general rimfire precision forum, so this seemed like the place to post it. My bad.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The best 100 yard five shot group I ever shot was from my 9317 in a Boyd's Baracuda Stock.
Get what fits.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#2]
I have the BSA Sweet 17 scope and I really like it.  There are at least three versions.  One version has turret settings for both 17 & 20 grain projectiles.   Mine has a simple cross hair, adjustable objective and turrets for setting range.   I’ve shot steel targets at 300 yards on a calm day.   I’m using the plastic stock with a lace on leather cheek riser and a Harris bipod.    I’ve used a 17 HMR to eliminate more pest than any other caliber.

Here is a link to the scope I use.   They have one 3-12 which has turret settings for 17 & 20 grains plus a 3-12 with lighted reticle.

https://bsaoptics.com/product/sweet-17-3-12x40-adjustable-objective-scope/
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The only chassis that might fit is the Oryx without a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It just needs a refresh, I’m pretty sure the Harris bipod and 1950’s weaver scope on it are toast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top