Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2011 10:38:15 AM EDT
Please evaluate this statement:

When zeroing an AR-15 using a standard military target (the 8 ½ x 11 with the silhouette and the grid lines over it) at 25 meters, you should put the top of the front site at base of the silhouette. You should adjust the sights so that, when the top of the front sight is at the base of the silhouette, the bullets will strike the center of the silhouette.  This will mean the weapon is sighted in for 300 meters.

Is this correct?
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but If I recall correctly the sight in targets arent actually 8 1/2 x 11, theyre a little bigger. I can check when I get home tonight. Some people sight in holding center mass but thats all personal preference. The actual targets have directions on how to use them and how your weapon should be set printed right on them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok they are 8 3/4 x 11.5, I dont think it would make a huge difference. I got mine from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. These instructions are for A2 sights, for 600/300 sights I think you have to go 2 clicks above the 300 instead of one.
The instructions on them are:

1. Rotate rear sight elevation knob to the 8/3 setting then up (Right) one click past the 300 mark, for zeroing at 25M

2. Aim at target center, adjust sights to move the shot group as close as possible to the white dot in center of the target.

3. After completion of the 25M zero, rotate the rear sight elevation knob back one click to the 300/800 neter mark, the weapon will now be zeroed for 300M.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top