Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2009 6:43:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty hilarious. I wonder if Opie has one too.

One day I think us lowely upstate NYers and NYC dwellers will have the right to carry in NYC.

I mean why does New York State trust me to carry a loaded concealed handgun in Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, Westchester County, Long Island etc...but not NYC? What is the god damn difference?
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Who are you talking about? Who are there people? Is Jill Nicolini any good looking? Does everyone that bangs her get a carry permit?

Enlighten me, please.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Never mind, just looked them all up.

Guess my chances of banging Jill Nicolini for a carry license are extremely small, especially when I have a beautiful wife and a little son at home. Does sound pretty tempting, though...
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who are you talking about? Who are there people? Is Jill Nicolini any good looking? Does everyone that bangs her get a carry permit?

Enlighten me, please.

Haha...it's Anthony from the "Opie and Anthony" show...he is a bit of a C level celebrity in the NYC / NJ area.

Pretty much the only people who get the "NYC special carry" validation are celebs, or the VERY wealthy...Robert DeNiro, Trump, Aerosmith, Howard Stern, and a handful of others. I am sure there are some "normal" civilians that have it as well, but they are probably friends of politicians, gave huge political contributions, or have series death threats against them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I mean why does New York State trust me to carry a loaded concealed handgun in Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, Westchester County, Long Island etc...but not NYC? What is the god damn difference?

You are lacking in juice.

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are lacking in juice.

He's afraid of getting assaulted by wackpackers.  High Pitch Eric is one scary dude...

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap, is that his ass or his belly on the table? Anthony is going to need more than a handgun to protect himself from that blob.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want a Full Carry and to bang Jill leaky heiny so this works for me

It was Jill Leakilini, get it straight.  I'd still bang her drippy lipo suctioned ... well, maybe not considering Ant has hit that.  

Anthony is "one of us" in terms of the 2nd A and the RKBA.  Many of his shows are about what guns he's picked up and his shooting range exploits.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
He's got a bunch of youtube vids:  http://www.youtube.com/user/opantxm#p/u

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's afraid of getting assaulted by wackpackers.  High Pitch Eric is one scary dude...

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

New York City is a state/country/planet unto itself.  The normal rules of law, constitution, possibly physics and man do not apply there.  

Here is a good one.  My soon to be 72 year old mother had a double-hip replacement and has a Nassau County issued handicapped parking permit that hangs from the rear view mirror.  It came with a note explaining where it is and isn't valid.  It is valid all across the United States and Canada except for one place; New York City.  Use it to park in a handicapped parking space in NYC and you will get ticketed and maybe even towed.  She has used it in Ontario, Canada and in various places in New York State outside of NYC without any problems.

As far as I am concerned, New York City is a hopeless mess that would best be cut loose from the state and country and allowed to do its own thing.  I sometimes wonder if Mayor Bloomberg and City Council don't long to institute a system similar to the old Soviet Union with the Mayor in the role of Premier and the City Council in the role of Politburo.

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Good for him. He got to bag the playboy model/weathergirl and get a carry permit.

NYC is a lost cause.
NYS is not far behind.
I want to move back to Maine where life is simple.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

She has used it in Ontario, Canada and in various places in New York State outside of NYC without any problems.

NYS has a compact with Quebec and Ontario. That's probably the reason it's good to go in Ontario.

http://www.nysdmv.com/dmvfaqs.htm

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She has used it in Ontario, Canada and in various places in New York State outside of NYC without any problems.

NYS has a compact with Quebec and Ontario. That's probably the reason it's good to go in Ontario.

http://www.nysdmv.com/dmvfaqs.htm

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

I'm not sure if the handicapped permit is part of NYS compact with Quebec and Ontario because the note indicates it is good anywhere in Canada which would include Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC as well as the maritime provinces.

The points agreement with Ontario is one reason I am extra vigilant when I drive in Ontario.  Any traffic infraction would be an easy bust for the Canadian authorities because the odds of you showing up for court are probably nil due to the inconvenience of getting back.  I am always amazed at the number of Ontarians I see pulled over by NYSP on I-190 between Lewiston, NY and I-290, especially just south of the border crossing near the NYPA facility and on Grand Island.  They cross into the United States and think they are still on the QEW and can get away with 130kph, which seems to be the average speed between St. Catherines and Hamilton.

That is probably one of best things, if you can call it that, about getting a ticket in another state.  You pay the fine and never hear about it again.

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a Full Carry and to bang Jill leaky heiny so this works for me

It was Jill Leakilini, get it straight.  I'd still bang her drippy lipo suctioned ... well, maybe not considering Ant has hit that.  

Anthony is "one of us" in terms of the 2nd A and the RKBA.  Many of his shows are about what guns he's picked up and his shooting range exploits.  

Nah, leaky heiny. She was taking that weight loss product that made her shit the bed !
Right but she was referred to forever after as Jill Leakilini on the Opie & Anthony show.

On the topic of the OP, good for Anthony. Although, with the rumor that he is a member I don't really know if it's cool that we're posting something like that? Do the TOS cover that?

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Soon enough NYC is going to get sued into the stone age over their no carry zone nonsense.  The question is are you in or are you going to whine about it not happening and just keep being part of the problem?  They're going to fight, they're going to fidget and bitch and scream bloody murder, but they're going to lose.

It's not someday, it's not a maybe, it's not a pipe dream.  It's as soon as we get it together and get people on board with it, win a couple of court cases then file some serious litigation.  Quit bitching, quit sitting on your asses, quit this uniquely New York "It'll never happen because it's never happened" bullshit, and start demanding it.

...I'm just the messenger.   More info to follow.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Soon enough NYC is going to get sued into the stone age over their no carry zone nonsense.  The question is are you in or are you going to whine about it not happening and just keep being part of the problem?  They're going to fight, they're going to fidget and bitch and scream bloody murder, but they're going to lose.

It's not someday, it's not a maybe, it's not a pipe dream.  It's as soon as we get it together and get people on board with it, win a couple of court cases then file some serious litigation.  Quit bitching, quit sitting on your asses, quit this uniquely New York "It'll never happen because it's never happened" bullshit, and start demanding it.

Oh man nice post. Count me in...despite the fact that I will continue to whine anyway. haha.

We need to get rid of the Sullivan act, loosen restrictions on issuing carry permits statewide and in NYC, make NYC a valid carry zone, and repeal the NYS AWB.

Any one of those would be a major victory.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man nice post. Count me in...despite the fact that I will continue to whine anyway. haha.

We need to get rid of the Sullivan act, loosen restrictions on issuing carry permits statewide and in NYC, make NYC a valid carry zone, and repeal the NYS AWB.

Any one of those would be a major victory.

AWB might be able to fall almost immediately, assuming a successful outcome in the McDonald case, since the test under Heller was 'in common use" and with over three million AR-15 pattern firearms currently in circulation I would think that could meet the criteria.  However, IMHO, I am not to sure if the "high capacity" magazine could be overturned.  They aren't firearms per se.

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
AWB might be able to fall almost immediately

Nothing will happen immediately.  Incorporation will be the start of a new series of legal challenges which will go on for decades.

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing will happen immediately.  Incorporation will be the start of a new series of legal challenges which will go on for decades.

+1 .gov has unlimited resources to appeal and/or simply enact new legislation to comply with the current court decision and start the entire process over again.

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 .gov has unlimited resources to appeal and/or simply enact new legislation to comply with the current court decision and start the entire process over again.

However, with a high level of legal scrutiny and included language with the rulings they will have fewer and fewer avenues to go.  We might have to fight them over more issues, but they will be smaller in comparison and the greater liberty (and momentum) will be won.  With Slaughterhouse overturned and a very tightly defined intermediate or ideally strict scrutiny, VERY few anti gun laws will have any room to stand, and if NYS/NYC keeps ending up in court over it the judges are going to drop the hammer on them for flouting their rulings.  SCOTUS is going to tell them to cut the BS out really fast.  They won't have unlimited resources once we torpedo the LCAV, a goal I haven't seen you people discuss yet at all.
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They won't have unlimited resources once we torpedo the LCAV, a goal I haven't seen you people discuss yet at all.

How does one shut them down?  They are lawyers with time and money and their job is to find loopholes.  They will continue to draft "clever" bills to try to get around just about any rights SCOTUS affirms.

Maybe we need to form a CALV (Community Against Lawyer Violence).

Link Posted: 12/30/2009 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

However, with a high level of legal scrutiny and included language with the rulings they will have fewer and fewer avenues to go.  We might have to fight them over more issues, but they will be smaller in comparison and the greater liberty (and momentum) will be won.  With Slaughterhouse overturned and a very tightly defined intermediate or ideally strict scrutiny, VERY few anti gun laws will have any room to stand,

Baloney.  That might be true if we had a justice system, but we don't.  We have a legal system.

and if NYS/NYC keeps ending up in court over it the judges are going to drop the hammer on them for flouting their rulings. SCOTUS is going to tell them to cut the BS out really fast.

That's laughable.  

They won't have unlimited resources once we torpedo the LCAV, a goal I haven't seen you people discuss yet at all.

The antis are never, ever going way.

Link Posted: 12/30/2009 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How does one shut them down?  They are lawyers with time and money and their job is to find loopholes.  They will continue to draft "clever" bills to try to get around just about any rights SCOTUS affirms.

How do we shut them down?  Simple.  Identify them and organize an effective boycott against their firms and individuals, and wage an effective PR campaign against them to publicly shame them.  The biggest advantage LCAV has had is anonymity and total lack of awareness on the part of the firearms owning community.  They haven't been fought against because most people don't know they exist or what they're about.  My guess is people wouldn't like what they do one little bit if they did know, at very least our people.  Letters to editors of papers can be sufficiently pointed to get the message out.  Lots of us are business owners, and at very least the business owners can withhold all demand for services from them which is going to cost them money.  Withholding contributions to universities with law schools if they host LCAV affiliates as speakers, sponsors, or firms soliciting interns would also send a strong message.  Ripple effects can be huge.

Also I see little or nothing done to expose the Joyce Foundation, again something people wouldn't like if they knew about which operates virtually without challenge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How do we shut them down?  Simple.  Identify them and organize an effective boycott against their firms and individuals, and wage an effective PR campaign against them to publicly shame them.

You can't shame them.  It's not like they don't know what they're doing is harmful and wrong.  They don't care.  Gun control is like a religious cult and they are doing their "god's" work by trying to ban guns.

Link Posted: 12/30/2009 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do we shut them down?  Simple.  Identify them and organize an effective boycott against their firms and individuals, and wage an effective PR campaign against them to publicly shame them.

You can't shame them.  It's not like they don't know what they're doing is harmful and wrong.  They don't care.  Gun control is like a religious cult and they are doing their "god's" work by trying to ban guns.

Then we let them know, and we let everyone else know.  They WILL get the message, either gently or the hard way––it's their choice how they're going to get it.  We WILL shame them, and if necessary see to it that they don't get a dime of business from anybody until they rethink their choices.  My God is going to beat up their god and take its lunch money.

As for how we deliver the message to our own, about like this.  http://nyshooters.net/forum/showthread.php?826-The-Enemy-s-Lawyers-A-List-of-Affiliates-with-the-LCAV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top