Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2009 7:18:03 AM EDT
I received this email from Tom King today.  With Democrats now controlling the State Senate, now is the time for NY gun owners to stand together in a respectful show of support for our rights!  Mark your calendars and bring some friends.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you all know I’m not a fan of “Rally’s” or mass Lobby Days because unless we can fill The Plaza or The Well with thousands of people we show our weakness rather than our strength.  Remember when the unions, SUNY or the Teachers come to Albany they bring thousands of people. Streets are closed and special parking is arranged for the 500-1,000 buses. That’s right 500 – 1,000 buses. The union SEIU on their last outing to Albany brought 30,000 people, caterers and four bands that set up in the Plaza and parks around the Capitol. We need numbers or we are perceived as weak and ineffectual without enough votes or clout to influence an election. If we are perceived as being a “Paper Tiger” it will mean more gun control not less gun control.

Also remember that the press will hold us to a higher standard than NYAGV and other anti-gun groups; we must be appropriately dressed, polite and not aggressive.  There cannot be any confrontations with the supporters of the opposition and certainly none with Legislators. And remember all entrances to the Legislative Office Building and the Capitol are protected by metal detectors and not even pocket knives are allowed in the building. All that being said; if we can pull off a visit by at least 5,000 supporters it will be a success even though 10,000 is the number most unions shoot for when bringing supporters to Albany on a Lobby Day.  

Let’s all pull together and get as many people as possible to have a successful Lobby Day that will show the Legislators we are a force that cannot be ignored.

Please pass this on to all your friends and associates.

See you in Albany on the 29th!

Tom King

President

NYS Rifle & Pistol Association
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There are times I wish this friggin' state wasn't so big such that Albany is a few hours away, not to mention several tolls to deal with.  Sort of makes me envious of CT and RI (though not their laws).
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How will you track the head count before hand?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Who else is going?  I cleared my calendar for Senate showdown.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in!  Is there a flyer or something we can pass out at local gun shops and ranges?  Also need to know about travel logistics (parking & traffic will be a PITA otherwise)
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if the Senate is going to do anything.  The Assembly will.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.thedailymail.net/articles/2009/04/14/sports/sports3.txt

New York gun ownership on the firing line

By Dick Nelson

Sportsmen may be preoccupied with trout and the upcoming spring turkey hunting season right now, but in a couple of weeks the New York State Assembly will be voting on a dozen or more gun bills that will have a lasting effect on everyone who owns or would like to purchase a firearm for self-protection, target shooting, hunting and — as strange as it may seem — trapping and fishing.

Why trapping and fishing you ask? Because a number of trappers and anglers carry a sidearm to prevent attacks from coyotes, black bears or any other wild animal — rabid or otherwise — that might take exception to them entering their bailiwick.

But regardless of the purpose you choose to own a firearm, excessive gun control will take center stage at the New York State Capitol on April 29 when the assembly debates and votes on a package of anti-gun bills.

Commonly referred to as “Gun Bill Day”, it always conspicuously coincide with New Yorkers Against Gun Violence (NYAGV) “Albany Lobby Day” — a day when anti-gun zealots demonstrate in the lobby of the state Legislative Office Building (LOB), eventually taking their misguided convictions directly to state lawmakers — not that they need to.

It’s no secret that the vast majority of New York lawmakers want to remove guns from the hands of legitimate gun owners. The fact that every anti-gun bill introduced in the state Assembly during the past three decades has passed is testimony to that. And, up until this year, each was stalled by a Republican majority in the state Senate.

But the Republicans no longer rule the roost and there is an excellent chance that this year the anti-gun lobby will be successful, especially with the rash of gun-related shootings in Binghamton and other cities.

But all is not lost. Through the initiative of pro-gun organizations such as the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association (NYSRPA) and the Shooters Committee on Political Education (SCOPE), anti-gun extremists will, for the first time, find themselves competing with pro-gun advocates for lawmakers’ ears.

Both the NYSRPA and SCOPE have been rallying the troops for weeks, hoping that the call to arms will bring large numbers of gun owners to Albany and overshadow the anti-gun movement in the LOB, Assembly galleries and lawmaker offices.

“By large numbers we mean thousands,” said SCOPE president Ken Mathison, adding that anything less will be ineffective.

“We are asking all gun owners to take the day off from work, car pool, rent a bus and do whatever it takes to be in Albany on April 29 to show they care about their rights,” Mathison said.

While details of the rally are still being finalized, Mathison suggested that groups and individuals plan to arrive at the LOB at 11 a.m. and are prepared to stay until at least 4 p.m.

“Make appointments with your legislators or their staff, and if you can’t get an appointment go to their office anyway and let them know your position on gun legislation,” he said.

While Mathison urges gun owners to wear pro-gun logo caps, shirts, pins or articles that will identify you as a gun owner, he strongly recommends that attendees be appropriately attired. In other words, no camo or blaze orange.

Although admittedly not a big fan of “rallys” or mass “lobby days” because he feels they are generally ineffective unless attended by thousands of people, NYSRPA president Tom King is optimistic about April 29, because he believes gun owners have finally become aware that if they don’t show a sign of strength now, what they will lose this year is just the beginning.

“We need numbers or we will be perceived as weak and ineffectual without enough votes or clout to influence an election. If we are perceived as being a “Paper Tiger” it will mean more gun control, not less gun control,” King said.

In any event, King wants to remind attendees that gun owners will be held to a higher standard than NYAGV and other anti-gun groups, and therefore participants must be appropriately dressed, polite and not aggressive.

“There cannot be any confrontations with the supporters of the opposition and certainly none with legislators. And remember, all entrances to the LOB and the Capitol are protected by metal detectors and not even pocket knives are allowed in the building.

“If we can pull off a visit by at least 5,000 supporters it will be a success, even though 10,000 is the number most unions shoot for when bringing supporters to Albany on a Lobby Day,” King said.

Unfortunately, New York legislators aren’t the only lawmakers seeking to separate law abiding citizens from their guns. During a recent interview with “Good Morning America” Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi let the cat out of the bag when she told co-host Robin Roberts, “We (Congress) don’t want to take guns away. We want them registered.”

I believed similar words were used in the Soviet Union in 1929, China in 1935, Germany in 1938, Cambodia in 1956, Guatemala in 1964, Uganda in 1970 and more recently in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK.

And if you think it can’t happen here, think again. Both New York City and California have used firearm registration to locate and confiscate lawfully owned firearms. New York City enacted registration of long guns in 1967, and in the 1990s used the registry to confiscate semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. In the late 1980s and 1990s, California revoked a “grace period” for certain types of rifles, and then used the registry of current owners for confiscation.

Think about that, too, when you look for excuses for not being in Albany on the April 29.

Dropping anchor ’til next time
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know if the Senate is going to do anything.  The Assembly will.

The Senate will do something.  Perhaps not all bills will pass as a sign of "restraint" to the Assembly but I am sure several will make it out and Patterson will sign them before the ink is dry.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]
i would be totally down for this if it wasnt on a wed. and i have friggan schoooooooooooooool.....lame

i need to finish school so somone reading this bring a friend for me please!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, if NYSRPA wants people to show up, it'd probably be a good idea to mark it on their events calendar!
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I plan to go, but honestly, other than on this site I haven't heard a thing about it.

I am a member of NYSRPA and SCOPE but maybe I missed something?

How do we plan to meet up (I'm traveling from Orange County, so far an army of just one)?  Where do we park, where exactly do we go?
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#15]
noted.  forwarded.

ETA: will be attending.  Bringing friends.

Can we get this tacked?  Everyone who reasonably can should be here.  I'm tired of watching these libtards on TV, it's our turn.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
noted.  forwarded.

We need to get the word out.

I emailed a link from the SCOPE site to everyone I know who has a gun and asked them to do the same.

I will be doing my part, but I fear we will be embarrased by the turnout.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea, I'm hoping a lot of people show, or this is going to be counter-productive.  Is this more or less the show of force event in NY this year?  Albany is far far away; just want to make sure there isn't some bigger rally the following weekend .  Also, is there any way to estimate a head count?
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks...this is what I needed.

IOther than the generic email announcement Tom King sent out, has the NYSRPA organized anything specific for its members?  I want to make the most of this day.

ETA: Ok, time to kick it up a notch.  I just sent an email out to my circle of friends and my gun club.  Here's the copy - feel free to cut & paste to your own contacts.  If they want to take away our Rights, then I'm sure as heck going to bring the fight to their doorstep...with friends.

Friends,

I have taken the day off next Wednesday to join thousands of other law-abiding New York gun owners who will stand before our elected representatives to show them that we DO NOT support any further infringement on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.  I'm asking that you spread the word and join me in making this historic demonstration of our belief in the Constitution and our Right to defend it and our families here in the State of New York.  

There are nearly 100 newly introduced laws in the NY Assembly and Senate that would further restrict, discourage, and outright deny our Second Amendment Right.  The Democratic majority in the Senate will pass many of these laws if we sit on our hands and do nothing!  Mark my words: if we allow them to take away this Constitutional Freedom, they can take away others.  We must take a stand.

Please take a moment to read the information below and share with your circle of friends.  Anyone who wishes to join my group, can contact me directly.  

Let's Roll!

JW

http://scopeny.org/alert.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I traded a couple emails with Tom King who said NYSRPA is getting the word out on SCOPE's effort posted above.  Give them a call and let 'em know you're coming!

The more I read about these insane restrictions being pushed by the downstate Dems, the more I look forward to showing up on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#20]
JW - you're exactly right - I'd like to make the most of the day too.  I wish we could do more.  I'm afraid that we'll drive 5 hours up to Albany, find that the gallery seats are full, and drive back home.  Since it seems we may have a good turnout, it's a shame that we don't have a bit more planned.  Is there anyone we can contact to organize any additional events?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
JW - you're exactly right - I'd like to make the most of the day too.  I wish we could do more.  I'm afraid that we'll drive 5 hours up to Albany, find that the gallery seats are full, and drive back home.  Since it seems we may have a good turnout, it's a shame that we don't have a bit more planned.  Is there anyone we can contact to organize any additional events?

This.  Although it's just a 2 hour drive for me.  But I don't know what to do when I get there!  Waiting for more info....

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#22]
doubletap

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Although it's just a 2 hour drive for me.  But I don't know what to do when I get there!  Waiting for more info....

I'll give Ken from SCOPE a call tomorrow and try to get an update to pass along.  Reading his flyer, it appears that stopping by the offices of your various elected reps with or without an appointment would be a good idea.  

I also want to contact a few local media people to see about arranging a brief interview.  I've come across a few in my travels and they may be covering the story anyway.  Perhaps your own local tv or paper might have an interest in quoting someone who took the day off from work to travel 2+ hours to voice their Second Amendment concerns in person.  It can't hurt to ask.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give Ken from SCOPE a call tomorrow and try to get an update to pass along.  Reading his flyer, it appears that stopping by the offices of your various elected reps with or without an appointment would be a good idea.  

I also want to contact a few local media people to see about arranging a brief interview.  I've come across a few in my travels and they may be covering the story anyway.  Perhaps your own local tv or paper might have an interest in quoting someone who took the day off from work to travel 2+ hours to voice their Second Amendment concerns in person.  It can't hurt to ask.

+1.  That's an excellent idea.  I'll be contacting my local paper.  I've been in contact with Ken, and I believe the plan (for those awating instructions) is to head up and simply make our presence known (responsibly ).  That means stopping my legislators offices, milling around the lobby, and attempting to be there early enough to secure some seats in the gallery of the assembly, so that we can sit in on the proceedings.  This is a big anti-gun day, and we want to get some of the seats that would normally be filled by anti's.  Basically, Ken exaplained, we're taking a simlar tactic to some of the unions - influence by showing a huge number of people that care so much that they are there in person.  I'm not sure what time we have to arrive in order to have a good chance of getting seats.

Now...I just wish there were something else going on, i.e. an outdoor (respectable) demonstation, show of numbers, etc.  But - that's all up to those in charge, and those in the know.  But...wish something else was happening - especially for those of us far away.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#25]
going

SCOPE has at least 2 buses going from WNY.
Contact SCOPE for info, there may be a seat or 2 left or email Ken at [email protected]

One bus leaving from Yates county and another from Genesee is making a stop in Monroe cty.

I'm looking fwd to saying my piece next Wednesday
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone know the date was changed to the 28th ???

http://readme.readmedia.com/news/show/State-Assembly-Hides-from-New-Yorks-Sportsmen/562840
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#27]
bunch of chicken-shits  i have tuesday off and was bummed that i couldn't go on wednesday.  looks like a road trip to albany is in order.  sure i won't be alone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#28]
We need an even BIGGER turnout now!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Those cowards who run the Assembly can run, but we aren't going away!!!!

EDITED: I just hung up with Ken from SCOPE and the RALLY IS STILL TAKING PLACE ON WEDNESDAY! Their focus will simply shift to lobbying the Senate instead of those cowards in the Assembly. He is more determined and focused now and says the ONLY reason they moved their date is because they KNOW there will be a major turnout by US on Wednesday!!!

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLANS TO SHOW UP ON WEDNESDAY!!! Shift your gameplan to stop by the office of your State Senator as well as Malcom Smith's and Dean Skelos' offices to drop of a copy of the SCOPE legislative agenda or your own Pro-gun flyer. Let them know in plain english that you do not support ANY of the anti-gun legislation being brought up for a vote.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Those cowards who run the Assembly can run, but we aren't going away!!!!

EDITED: I just hung up with Ken from SCOPE and the RALLY IS STILL TAKING PLACE ON WEDNESDAY! Their focus will simply shift to lobbying the Senate instead of those cowards in the Assembly. He is more determined and focused now and says the ONLY reason they moved their date is because they KNOW there will be a major turnout by US on Wednesday!!!

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLANS TO SHOW UP ON WEDNESDAY!!! Shift your gameplan to stop by the office of your State Senator as well as Malcom Smith's and Dean Skelos' offices to drop of a copy of the SCOPE legislative agenda or your own Pro-gun flyer. Let them know in plain english that you do not support ANY of the anti-gun legislation being brought up for a vote.

If you were not going to attend before, this cowardly bullshit move by the assembly should make you change your mind !
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow, can't believe they changed the date.  So, if we're still going up on Wednesday, and we're not going to sit in on the session (since it's now on Tuesday), what are we going up for.  I wish we could go on Tuesday just to stick it to 'em, but I realize it's probably too short notice.  If thousands of sportsmen are headed up, why why why do we not have some sore of organized showing?  Especially since we now have both our 2nd and 1st amendment rights on the table.

JW, since you seem to be close to Ken, can you see if there is any way we can get something larger planned?  I mean, we have literal busloads of people going up just to drop off flyers.  Sorry, but I'm just itching to do something .  Had enough of these liberals and their games.  Time to make some noise.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wow, can't believe they changed the date.  So, if we're still going up on Wednesday, and we're not going to sit in on the session (since it's now on Tuesday), what are we going up for.  I wish we could go on Tuesday just to stick it to 'em, but I realize it's probably too short notice.  If thousands of sportsmen are headed up, why why why do we not have some sore of organized showing?  Especially since we now have both our 2nd and 1st amendment rights on the table.

JW, since you seem to be close to Ken, can you see if there is any way we can get something larger planned?  I mean, we have literal busloads of people going up just to drop off flyers.  Sorry, but I'm just itching to do something .  Had enough of these liberals and their games.  Time to make some noise.  

Tomcat, the only change being made on Wednesday is that we will be visiting the Senate Leaders and reps instead of the Assembly cowards.  You can still make phone calls, send emails, or stop by in person on Tuesday asking your Assembly reps to OPPOSE the anti-gun legislation when it comes up for a vote.  Make no mistake about it, the Assembly chose to duck us on Wednesday because they don't have the guts to face thousands of law-abiding New Yorkers before passing these ridiculous infringements to our Second Amendment Right.

I am no "closer" to Ken than you are.  I phoned him yesterday, left a message, and he was good enough to phone me back late in the evening.  We had a brief, but very direct conversation about Wednesday and I have posted those comments for everyone to see.  Ken is dialed into this effort with a determination and intensity that was quite apparent during our short call.  

IMO, our numbers alone will send the message that we are dead set against any further infringements to our Rights here in NY.  We can respectfully get our message across without resorting to any of the antics and drama that will be seen from the NYAGV people.  Again, we DO NOT need to resort to any dramatics in Albany....our numbers and our resolve will get the message across.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Maby we should have a big "camp out" in the Park.....couple good bon fires, burn an effigy or two of Sheldon, play some patriotic music, recite the words of Jefferson, Hamilton, Franklin,...

The thought occurred the other day at the Syracuse Gun Show: "there were thousands of people coming through the doors of the show, each one certainly owns at least one gun, and there were enough firearms for sale in there for everyone to have bought two, so WTF do these ass-clowns in Albany really think they're going to do?  If that same crowd showed up in Albany, they would own the entire complex in an hour.
Think about the number of firearms you own, the number of other gun owners and what they have, after an exponential expansion of persons and the estimated number of weapons, you just have to wonder if they realize the power of the people.
There is an on-going battle between those for and those opposed to gun control: the only "winners" are those stirring the pot.

"Crime control" is the perfect disguise for people control.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#34]
JW, what Ken originally communicated to me was that we were going to sit in on the legislative session of the assembly to make our presence felt (ala some of the larger unions as of late).  Since the legistlative session will now be held on Tuesday, and the NYAGV libs will be filling the seats, there is much less to do on Wednesday (thought I still plan to attend).  

While I certainly wouldn't be in favor of antics, I think something a bit more...err... visible would be valuable.  Just showing up may send a message, but I think it's too bad that we can't get some sort of organized protest together.  Nothing crazy, nothing violent, rowdy, illegal, etc.  Just something more to show to the public/media/.gov folks than an abundance of flyers.  It seems to work for other groups.  Anyway...I'm not trying to be a pain.  Just a lot of frustration over the antis, and a desire to respond more visiblly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#35]
So they will vote on laws Tuesday and the antis will be filling all the seats, whta the hell will we do by showing up a day late???
The media, libs nad Brady Bunch will laugh at us and say "....ook the dumb redneck gun guys can't read and showed up a day too late....blah, blah, blah...."
Why don't we show up on Tuesday when the rubber hits the road????
I don't get this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#36]
We assume the vote will be Tuesday.  The legislature does not always follow the floor calendar and on at least one previous year, voting started one day and finished the next because they got started late.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So they will vote on laws Tuesday and the antis will be filling all the seats, whta the hell will we do by showing up a day late???
The media, libs nad Brady Bunch will laugh at us and say "....ook the dumb redneck gun guys can't read and showed up a day too late....blah, blah, blah...."
Why don't we show up on Tuesday when the rubber hits the road????
I don't get this.

I think the point is that no matter what we do, the ASSembly will pass this bullshit no matter what we do.

We have to lobby the Senate, HARD, to ensure they don't do the same.  The ASSembly will be voting on it all Tuesday, probably, yes.  The Senate doesn't vote on the gun bills until later.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think the point is that no matter what we do, the ASSembly will pass this bullshit no matter what we do.

We have to lobby the Senate, HARD, to ensure they don't do the same.  The ASSembly will be voting on it all Tuesday, probably, yes.  The Senate doesn't vote on the gun bills until later.

I honestly don't know why they even have the "formality" of a debate.  They pass it regardless of anything that is said.  From what has been posted here in the past, they won't even listen to the NYSP recommendations since they are bound and determined to do it their own way.  The Senate is the key.  Senator Smith is against us but he appears to be able to read the tea leaves and seems to be pragmatic about bringing up legislation that can will cause division in the Democratic ranks or even cause them to lose their one vote majority.  Unfortunately, on these gun control bills, the Republicans can not be counted on as a 100% no vote.  Senator Padavan comes to mind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't know why they even have the "formality" of a debate.  They pass it regardless of anything that is said.  From what has been posted here in the past, they won't even listen to the NYSP recommendations since they are bound and determined to do it their own way.  The Senate is the key.  Senator Smith is against us but he appears to be able to read the tea leaves and seems to be pragmatic about bringing up legislation that can will cause division in the Democratic ranks or even cause them to lose their one vote majority.  Unfortunately, on these gun control bills, the Republicans can not be counted on as a 100% no vote.  Senator Padavan comes to mind.

I know, but we have to try.

Remember: To sin in silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men!
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#40]
OK, lets do it.
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you got it right in regards to the senate situation...senator smith is no friend to gun owners but i believe he doesnt want to bring this issue to the floor since the divide it would cause between upstate dems and downstate dems

also...looking at the situation optimistically, none of the senate's versions of these bills has even been reported from committee....maybe thats a good sign
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I can't wait to show up on Wednesday!  Just took a break from reading "The Founder's Second Amendment"  - this should be required reading for all of our elected officials.

Everyone else ready to roll?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can't wait to show up on Wednesday!  Just took a break from reading "The Founder's Second Amendment"  - this should be required reading for all of our elected officials.

Everyone else ready to roll?

i am so pumped up I don't think I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#44]

Looks like the NYC taxi drivers are heading to Albany today about the $1 surcharge. I wonder if that presence will influence the Assembly votes today.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/13957/cabby-convoy-will-protest-mta-proposal

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's roll.
I will be there tomorrow,.. fighting for freedom & rights as my forefathers did...
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Handouts and letters are ready to go.  I'll start making the rounds by 8:30am.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll be there ~10:30.  Meet you all in front of the capital.  Anyone know what we're doing after that?  I'll get some literature together tonight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll be there about 1030 also.  I'm bringing 2 people with me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Handouts and letters are ready to go.  I'll start making the rounds by 8:30am.

JW1069,
It was good to meet you in Albany.
I think we did some good.
Did you watch your local newscast last night? How were we portrayed?
Let us know!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top