Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:01:06 PM EDT
Does anyone know a FFL who does reasonably priced transfers in south Jersey?  My local shop (Hague's) has raised their transfer fee to $75.00

edited as I can't spell.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
PK90 is the one to deal with...

He is on this board.

Good to go guy.

RW3
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I already sent him an IM asking his price, as he is my first choice due to his presence here

Quoted:
PK90 is the one to deal with...

He is on this board.

Good to go guy.

RW3

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
PK90 is the man to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone know a FFL who does reasonably priced transfers in south Jersey?  My local shop (Hague's) has raised their transfer fee to $75.00

edited as I can't spell.

Don't shop Hague's
Don't shoot at Hague's

PK90 is THE guy
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, just got an IM from PK90, only $20 for a transfer (plus NJ's fee/tax)  Looking forward to doing business with him!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
just sports in cape may court house charges $15.00 plus the normal fees--nics, tax--for transfers.
nice local people who really try to excel in customer service.

earlybirdnj

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Another +1 for PK90.  I've had 4 transfers through him and all were quite excellent .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]
A BIG +1 for PK90. I received my first black rifle through him, and will hopefully be getting a HK91 clone through him soon.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

edited as I can't spell.

I know how you fell,Especially for XM193 over $7.00 a box of 20 ! My membership runs out in March, and no renewal
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

edited as I can't spell.

I know how you fell,Especially for XM193 over $7.00 a box of 20 ! My membership runs out in March, and no renewal

I loved Eagle Eye (Chief Butz is a neighbor of mine, and Phil and Sue were great), but ever since it became Hague's prices keep going up, and the kids who work there are useless.  I let my membership expire some time ago, but still try to give the local guy a chance, however each time I go there I leave with a bad taste in my mouth  I am glad I found out about PK90  Cheap transfer, with great service.  I don't think it took one hour from when I IMed about his transfer fee to when he had faxed his FFL (and unlike some dealers, when he said it was sent it really was).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I loved Eagle Eye (Chief Butz is a neighbor of mine, and Phil and Sue were great), but ever since it became Hague's prices keep going up, and the kids who work there are useless.  I let my membership expire some time ago, but still try to give the local guy a chance, however each time I go there I leave with a bad taste in my mouth  I am glad I found out about PK90  Cheap transfer, with great service.  I don't think it took one hour from when I IMed about his transfer fee to when he had faxed his FFL (and unlike some dealers, when he said it was sent it really was).

i agree totally.

When it was Eagle Eye, it was a friendly place to shoot. Very different now that it's Hague's.
Where the cash register is king ($25/hour for non-members) and the member-customer (pay annually, get unlimited range time) is shit.

And if you DO go there to shoot, DON'T talk to any of the other customers, or you too just might have your membership revoked by the immature clerks who work there, backed up by their owner who can't manage to keep knowledgeable and mature people in his employ. He won't see any more of my hard earned money.

Too bad a nice indoor facility like that ends up being owned and operated by such a bunch of  asshats.  Their loss. There are other places to shoot. And I'm ready for something longer than 25 yards.  South Jersey Shooting Club (on Piney Hollow Road in Winslow) HERE I COME!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i agree totally.

When it was Eagle Eye, it was a friendly place to shoot. Very different now that it's Hague's.
Where the cash register is king ($25/hour for non-members) and the member-customer (pay annually, get unlimited range time) is shit.

And if you DO go there to shoot, DON'T talk to any of the other customers, or you too just might have your membership revoked by the immature clerks who work there, backed up by their owner who can't manage to keep knowledgeable and mature people in his employ. He won't see any more of my hard earned money.

Too bad a nice indoor facility like that ends up being owned and operated by such a bunch of  asshats.  Their loss. There are other places to shoot. And I'm ready for something longer than 25 yards.  South Jersey Shooting Club (on Piney Hollow Road in Winslow) HERE I COME!

Lets hope the next owners are better
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow, just got an IM from PK90, only $20 for a transfer (plus NJ's fee/tax)  Looking forward to doing business with him!

PK80 is da MAN!!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PK80 is da MAN!!!!

I have to apologize for Lion_Dog, he really meant PK90.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PK80 is da MAN!!!!

I have to apologize for Lion_Dog, he really meant PK90.

I have scolded the dog before about this in the past

I guess you cant teach an ol' dog new tricks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Just did my transfer with PK90 this morning, and wanted to say thanks to all who recommended him.  I will be using him again  Nice guy and easy to do business with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just did my transfer with PK90 this morning, and wanted to say thanks to all who recommended him.  I will be using him again  Nice guy and easy to do business with.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i agree totally.

Lets hope the next owners are better

Even the owners son quit working there.  They charged almost $140.00 for the 5.56 75gr Hornady.  So must for a LEO discount. Coulda bought it cheaper from the Hornady direct !
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Your membership was revoked for talking to another customer? How does that happen?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your membership was revoked for talking to another customer? How does that happen?

Yes, that is what happened. I walked in one Thursday evening in December and was asked for my membership card by the tall 20-something clerk. Unusual, as I had been a multi-year member and frequent shooter there (first when it was Eagle Eye and then after Hague took it over), but I took my card out of my wallet and handed it to him. He puts it on the table behind the counter and tells me that my membership has been revoked. Dumbfounded, I said "WHAT?" He repeated it to me. I asked why and was told that I had been talking to other customers and also bothering him and Craig (the other 20-something that works there, as manager since Dave Junior quit). This, after buying 2 new ARs and a new Beretta Storm there within 6 months. I don't buy their overpriced ammo and I recycle office copy and fax waste as target materials.  I guess my $235 per year wasn't enough for those greedy bastards. Two days later, I went back there to talk to the owner Dave Senior who told me that he's not there a lot, but he has to back up his employess, regardless. Says I'm not welcome there anymore and I'd better leave peacefully. I stood my ground and he reluctantly agreed to refund the remaining 6 months on my current years membership as long as I did not get an attorney involved. He told me he pays his attorney anyway, so fighting me in a legal battle would be no big deal and I could forget about any refund. It took one reminder phone call 10 days later when my refund had not yet arrived by mail to get his attention. Two days later a check arrived in the mail for $120, representing the unexpired part of my membership. Nothing else in the envelope, just the check. Written and signed by his wife Roseanne, who happens to be a nice lady.

The place used to be a nice place to go, it was a convenient range that happened to sell some weapons. They even had a coffee machine and a water fountain! Now it's a (wannabe mega) gun store (with literally hundreds of overpriced police trade-in semi handguns) that happens to have an indoor range attached. I guess at $25 per hour for public range time, it brings in a lot more money renting lanes to the boys from the 'hood for him than having members who have priority unlimited range time for their one annual membership fee. And the only reloads you can shoot there are the Hornady .223 that *he* sells. Everything else must be factory brand-new. Ultramax factory remanufactured are forbidden. And his ammo prices are not cheap either.

So my advice is:
DON'T SHOOT AT HAGUES
DON'T SHOP AT HAGUES

Brian
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

PK8090 is da man of SoNJ.

I am old and have mammary memory problems, ask B_T_H.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So my advice is:
DON'T SHOOT AT HAGUES
DON'T SHOP AT HAGUES

Brian

That's a shame. I started shooting there in 2001 and let my membership expire the year Hague's took over because I wasn't shooting as much. The Christmas party machinegun shoots were fun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Had to add my .02. PK90 is great to deal with. If you live in NJ, do yourself a favor and use this guy. You won't regret it.   gd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top