Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2005 9:03:32 AM EDT
A joint ARFCOM/FALFiles shoot  in the foothills of the Adirondacks

June 10-11 at  GREENFIELD Fish  and Game Club just a few miles north of  UTICA NY.

This is also a sanctioned  Civilian Marksmanship Program shoot so you can shoot to qualify for a M1 Garand rifle purchase thru CMP.

Sighting in and fun shoot Friday, Match Saturday, followed by the continuation of the fun shoot til dark!

Space is limited so e-mail me with your contact information .

Contact info should include:

Callsign  and board affiliation...

Name , Address, Phone number...

And if it's your first time at a CMP Match.

uradv8@REMOVE THIS lycos.com

Moderator please tack this at top.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
e-mail sent!
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Reserve my spot I'll put the word out to the CNY crew and get back to you with a head count.

1) SP10-Friday
2) Don M.-shoot only on Saturday
3) Doug T. -Friday
4)
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My target last year was too tiny and too far away.

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't get much more primative than this bunch Squid!

Hell doggie? you gonna join us this year?
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#10]
This might be doable for us this year.  We will not know for sure until my wife puts in for her vacation this year because it is the only sure way for her to get a weekend off from work.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course you can count me in, Wade - I think a buddy of mine will be going, too...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I need EVERYBODY that's comming to e-mail me because the list of names from last year went the way of the passenger pidgeon when my computer went kaboom!

I don't know if we'll put up the GP Medium this year, seems I only get one or two houseguests the past 2 years.

I'll put up a poll.
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I say HELL YES! But not for camping (which is why I voted for the last two options!).

It would make a great place to chill in the shade; perhaps some small tables for the BBQ; somewhere to keep the coolers and whatnot. In the worst case, if it rains, we can set up shooting lanes inside (that is, with the sides rolled up!).
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#14]
For those who have not graced us with their  presence before:

GUNS ALONG THE MOHAWK  starts off Friday  late morning with preperation for your arrival.

We mark out the parking area , set up the GP Medium  16x30 tent, dig the firepit , grill ,and bring out the firewood. (we also take care of our personal setup of sleeping quarters, and cooking facilities)

We then await your arrival by turning our FRS base station radio to Channel 10 code 10 to talk first timers in if needed.

Basecamp is  a 2 Acre field on the property adjacent to the clubhouse facility so water and bathroom facilities are close as a walk across the access road.

The Range facility is about 1/8 mile down the access road, and you may either walk down, drive, or take the battle wagon tram...(My Sazuki King Quad 4x4 and trailer with a cot for a seat.)

Meals are what legends are made of, this sturdy group of  shooters bring things like venison,steak, and/or any other murdered annimal flesh of their choosing, potato salad, munchies, and whatever we don't have, we go down to the north utica shopping plaza and beverage barn to obtain.

Electrcity is available for  both  entertainment and medical purposes (One member will probably have his CPAP Machine with him)

The staff includes old hands of this shoot, a few locals, and you if theres a skill you posess we'll probabl y press you in to service.

The camping aspect  can be as basic as a sleeping bag and ground mat.

While this is going on friday, we also have a range officer down at the range to help you sight -in and have an informal fun shoot till dark.

Saturday morning we start up the fire early, throw on a pig's worth of bacon, and a hesnhouse of eggs, also avaiable will be coffeee, hot water for tea, and instant oatmeal for those sturdy souls who drank a little too much

The CMP Director will show up and we will take roll call and you'll be assinged to your squad.

It's very important that you keep track for when your squad is called to the line.

New shooters will go thru  a brief ing before they go to the line. (You may watch the other shooters before you , and ask the staff questions if needed)
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]
DID YOU GET MY EMAIL ADIRONDACK1, SOUNDS LIKE ONE HELL OF A TIME!(GOOD WAY TO GET AWAY FROM THE WIFE FOR THE WEEKEND!)
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Hotdog, that might explain why Ed left in a hurry Friday night and the penguin showed up the next AM with a big ol' smile on his face
Sadly, poor Ed had a family emergency And Aimless is rarely without a smile (except when reviewing his shooting score )
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I must say that it is working
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Adirondack1 - I don't see it listed in the schedule:

Where is the Naked, Smooth-Shaven,  Baby-oiled Drumming Circle that Aimless and EdSr. told me was the best part of the weekend for them?

Ahhhhhhhh
You shouldn't be telling our secrets in an open forum!

Not to mention the Wet Chicken and small animal stomp that happens after dark!

We even had to pop a few Illumination Flares to keep track of where ED was... we didn't want any hillbilly deliverance type activity going on  within the perimeter.

This year if Aimless comes, we'll have claymores and an arc-light  orbiting overhead to keep the Pengiun's sweet sweet  olied  body  from those inbread hillbillys grasp!

Have you ever seen a naked Penguin oiled in the light of a hand-pop flare?????
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I must say that it is working hr

Link Posted: 2/8/2005 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
E-mail sent
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I've gotten a few e-mails so far, but looking at the other thread of people all over the state...I'm wondering whats going on.. why we don't have more???????

tell all your friends, get them signed up!
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#25]
email sent
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]
UPDATE:
Any service rifle from anywhere in the world is eligable to be shot in this match, bolt or semi-auto. NO Class 3 firearms (Machineguns not allowed in NY)

First off the NY State ban mirrors the federal AWB, unfortunately our republicrat govenor saw fit for the ban not to expire in NY.

There's a good post on the NY/NJ hometown forum with a link to the New York State Rifle and Pistol site explaining the ban.

Rule of thumb is if it was post 94 it needs to be in post ban configuration, also if youre brining an FN FAL you need the 7 US parts to comply with the Fed import laws.

Handguns are also a definate NO NO in NY as the Sullivan Law is a mandatory 1 year in jail for an unlicenced pistol in NY.

Unfortunately,  on trailers, due to the lack of drainage, we aren't going to be able to have travel trailers parked on the grounds. .

Camping is free, and the match is approx $24-25 dollars per person. (This includes use of  the club's M1 Garand Rifles/Ammo)

The funshoots on friday night/saturday afternoon are free as there's no charge for the range. Bring your own paper targets for the funshoot, plastic milk jugs are also acceptable, we just need to police up our garbage later in the day Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in and may bring my granddaughter if this is ok. At this time I'm not sure if I'll be there on friday or saturday morning.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I see all you lunatics are "ganging up" on me!

I expect this crap from Hotdog40 and SillyPutty10,but........et tu Wade?

BTW, have you guys noticed how the weird ones always have numbers on their screen names?

Hotdog40,Adirondack1,SP10,etc

Your target is getting smaller and smaller........keep it up
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Of course you can count me in, Wade - I think a buddy of mine will be going, too...

- georgestrings

Antares?

Hahahaha!!! That's a good one, Ed - I doubt he's got the balls to show his face at Campybob's this year - let alone come here to NY....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#33]
NOT ganging up ED, Just taking precautions against anything happening to our fearless leader!

I've arrainged to have at least one ARC-LIGHT Orbiting overhead at any given time that you're in the camp.

We have a Mike Force ready to respond to any inbread hillbilly activity or NAKED PENGUIN Dancing!

The  small animal stomping contest may be postponed this year, as Rosie O'Donnell has made a forray into central NY in search of all things  made of meat and sugar,and this has decimated the small animal population and Italian confection industry of the area.

We will still hold the  all-you-can-eat  salad bar thanks to GOODORBIT's Brother.

Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm in and may bring my granddaughter if this is ok. At this time I'm not sure if I'll be there on friday or saturday morning.

You may bring your granddaughter, we will need baby sitters for this crowd! How much does she charge an hour to put up with infantile behavior?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I love to go but cant
so please
Post lots of pic's
Link Posted: 3/30/2005 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Still time to sign up folks!
I'm updating information and will have detailed instructions on how to get to the event from the NYS Thruway exit in utica.
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I need to know who hasn't sent me either an e-mail or PM for the shoot so far, since the thread has been tacked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Email sent
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I have
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Wade - you got mine a while back right?
I'm  there for sure

Jim
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I didn't get your e-mail please send it again or PM me
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Adirondack1- could you expound on this for me?

Handguns are also a definate NO NO in NY as the Sullivan Law is a mandatory 1 year in jail for an unlicenced pistol in NY.

Is that intended to mean that those of us who posess Valid NY State pistol permits are not welcomed in bringing our pistols to the shootout? or to mean that out of staters coming to the shoot should not bring their pistols into NY State? Just looking for a little clarification. Thank ya

Chris
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks ED for fielding that one for me. I've been preoccupied with the filing of my Utility Patent Papers lately.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Still have room left guys, E-mail me your name, callsign,/board affiliation address , phone , and e-mail
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Just checking - I emailed you months ago about this. Got it? HT
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Got your info wolfgang, will soon be getting the directions re-typed  and sent out.

MAG162 I still need your info, Helldoggy, what's the SitRep? you comming upstate this time??????

ED, need a SitRep from you also, and how many of the family are comig out this year???????

EDPMEDIC- message received your on the list!

AK's RULE on list.

ArmedTeddyBear, on list, and I tried to call you this weekend, left a message but no call back??????

NEED YOUR INFORMATION ASAP so I can come up witha final count for the CMP director.

All of you who have signed up THANKS...All of you who havent...better e-mail me soon!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Git the day off of work. Count me in! email inbound Adirondack1.

EDIT: My email got bounced back Adirondack1. the error message tells me that recipients messages are full.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top