Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/13/2005 3:52:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm glad that you set this up in late Feb., hopefully my upper will be here by then.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll make this one!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You better
Same goes to Lion_Dog.

PS Still have the 06 AP? I will take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's that sound?

That's the sound of oppressed gun nuts getting a little RELEASE!

Here we go again, folks!  Not only is this the 11th NJ BLAST shoot, it is the second extreme cold weather training exercise!

I can't wait to see everyone again, its been a while for some!  As always, I want to encourage any and all new comers to go ahead and come out!  I have not yet met a person who came and regretted it.  We are all quite tame and lovable people!

As usual, plan is to shoot as long as anyone wants.  Followed up by a late lunch at Mastori's for any who wish to join.  (a.k.a. the land of the 12 pound burgers!)

And, also as always, we will have a door prize drawing for anyone who shows up to shoot!  We will also do a 50/50 to go toward the next shoot's door prizes, for anyone who wishes to participate.

The details:

When: Saturday 2/26, 9:00 am until whenever
Where: Ft Dix Range 14
What: Fun, Guns and Friends!
Cost: $3/hour for shooting

I will post directions below.  Here are links to a few threads and pics from previous shoots:

Thread from BLAST X

Thread from BLAST IX

Thread from BLAST VIII

A few BLST VIII pics

BLAST VII Pics

BLAST VI Pics (SNOWBALL SHOOT!)

All I have to say is 2 thumbs up.  

PS that is not really me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You better
Same goes to Lion_Dog.

Or else we will have to eat all the donuts again.

eta : Im there, on time this go around.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Im in!
Now all I have to do is finish my first AR...Anyone have any upper parts they want to get rid of?
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there with my new Cav Arms SEBR... and donuts.    

Hey NJ-SLEO685, what kind of upper are you planning on building?  I've got some Bushmaster parts that you might be able to use.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there!  

Link Posted: 1/17/2005 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You better
Same goes to Lion_Dog.

I think I do. I'll check.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#12]
i'll be there and im bringing a friends
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I will be there,and after wining the lula, I might actually have my first AR to shoot
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe I can clear my calender for this one, this time.
Damn don't want to miss another - maybe I'll have my M17 Bullpup back for it's annual winter KB!

...and perhaps some new recruits.
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
wow bringing back that memory of the KB huh
and the headache that followed
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
i hope to fire a few different 308s again
i think the AR10 is in the lead with the M14 right behind
i still havent decided what 308 but now Im also thinking about getting an FN 5.7
in case they ban it
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i still havent decided what 308 but now Im also thinking about getting an FN 5.7
in case they ban it

I got a pretty sexy one... Jonas, just remind me to bring 'er - I'd be happy to have her audition for YOU !

Bringing the .50???
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
in case they ban it

I got a pretty sexy one... Jonas, just remind me to bring 'er - I'd be happy to have her audition for YOU !

Bringing the .50???

yea the .50 cal should warm things up!
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
in case they ban it

Bringing the .50???

Jonas I will even buy 2 10rd boxes of 50cal off you just to shoot it.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking of doing this one fellas. How many members do you expect, and whats the closest and farthest target stations available for us ? I'd like to work on some close work with my carbine ,and maybe out to the 200 meter line.  Are we also going to need to bring  our own target stands? I have some that I use over at Cherry Ridge R&P if so.  Thanks -- J223.
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of doing this one fellas. How many members do you expect, and whats the closest and farthest target stations available for us ? I'd like to work on some close work with my carbine ,and maybe out to the 200 meter line.  Are we also going to need to bring  our own target stands? I have some that I use over at Cherry Ridge R&P if so.  Thanks -- J223.

25 yds out to 200. You can bring your own stands or buy them at the range.
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The cherry ridge stand might be a PITA to in the sandy soil.  It's a bit heavy & you would have to dig two holes.  They sell cardboard targets on a single post for $3, I think.  

The berm is about 220 yards away, you can put targets anywhere.   You're not limited to paper, you can plink at safe targets.  You don't have to count between shots.  In short, it's a lot more fun to shoot at dix than cherry ridge!!!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

IMHO: if you are just ZERO-ING and not looking at "tight" groups you'll find the atmosphere fine for pretty much anything. Personally I feel precision shooting here IN the COLD is higjhly unlikely.

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds fairly often = ~6MOA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#24]
MID WINTER AMMO DUMP...

dump like in PURGE???
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The cherry ridge stand might be a PITA to in the sandy soil.  It's a bit heavy & you would have to dig two holes.  They sell cardboard targets on a single post for $3, I think.  

The berm is about 220 yards away, you can put targets anywhere.   You're not limited to paper, you can plink at safe targets.  You don't have to count between shots.  In short, it's a lot more fun to shoot at dix than cherry ridge!!!  

I have been using my target holders from cherry ridge down here without any problem.  The only thing that may be a problem is if the ground will be frozen when we shoot.  Just bring you own post hole digger that way you do not have to fight over the 3 that they have there.  

Zbrane
Since when did you have to count between shots up there?  I have been a member up there since 1996 and never heard of that rule.  Only thing they do not allow is RECKLESS rapid fire.  I have been there and shot rapid fire with out any problems.  I have practiced the rapid fire stage of high powered NRA course and it would take me 2-3 seconds to align my sights between shots.  Now if I shooting my BAR up there as fast as I do at Ft Dix then they would have a problem with that.  

Matt
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO: if you are just ZERO-ING and not looking at "tight" groups you'll find the atmosphere fine for pretty much anything. Personally I feel precision shooting here IN the COLD is higjhly unlikely.

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) fairly often = ~6MOA.

Link Posted: 1/18/2005 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey Matt --- I got flagged once and yelled at twice for double taps. As in bang bang -- bang bang  -- and they took my card and wrote me up. That really made me wonder. At the time, I was at the 50 yard position with my AR , all my hits were right on, and he said I was shooting too fast. WTF -- I can go over to the pistol range and do an ammo dump and have no problem. This is why I wonder about going to CJRP....
  I really hope to make this and meet you all.  Its tough to find like minded people in this politically correct state. It makes me sick when just the mention of shooting sports in a corporate setting  gets you looks that make you feel like a subversive.  At least the next 4 years should be ok for gun owners.... (I hope) ... J223
Link Posted: 1/18/2005 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Had a blast (no pun intended) at the last event.  I'll do my best to make this one too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey Matt --- I got flagged once and yelled at twice for double taps. As in bang bang -- bang bang  -- and they took my card and wrote me up. That really made me wonder. At the time, I was at the 50 yard position with my AR , all my hits were right on, and he said I was shooting too fast. WTF -- I can go over to the pistol range and do an ammo dump and have no problem. This is why I wonder about going to CJRP....
  I really hope to make this and meet you all.  Its tough to find like minded people in this politically correct state. It makes me sick when just the mention of shooting sports in a corporate setting  gets you looks that make you feel like a subversive.  At least the next 4 years should be ok for gun owners.... (I hope) ... J223

Subversive NO, more like "Postal"!
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!

{Jon Lovitz (as Tommy Flanagan President of Pathological
Liars Anonymous - SNL) voice} Yeah, yeah - that's the ticket. {/Jon Lovitz (as Tommy Flanagan President of Pathological
Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both ways

Liars Anonymous - SNL) voice} Yeah, yeah - that's the ticket. {/Jon Lovitz (as Tommy Flanagan President of Pathological
Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror!

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHT

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

ETA well now I know what we have to do at this shoot
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNIG IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

That's it! Yuu've crossed the line with that one
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS while bumpfiring underwater!

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Link Posted: 1/19/2005 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS while bumpfiring underwater!

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Excellent addition
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS while bumpfiring underwater using our schwanschtookers!

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Excellent addition

Link Posted: 1/20/2005 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys were shooting 12" square plates @  220 yrds (in the rain) (in a 72 MPH cross-wind) fairly often = ~6MOA.BLINDFOLDED!uphill both waysUSING a mirror! AT NIGHTand between the legs?NAKED & singing POLISH Showtunes!ALL THE WHILE, WITH A STAMPEDE OF WILD ELEPHANTS, AND ONE BABY ZEBRA, RUNNING IN FRONT OF THE TARGETS while bumpfiring underwater using our schwanschtookers!

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Excellent addition

What Have I Done????????????????

And yes, It really was in the rain.
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liars Anonymous - SNL)}

Excellent addition

What Have I Done????????????????

And yes, It really was in the rain.

That's what I love about MAP - accountability!
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#44]

The comment about Bump-Firing under water was the evcellent addition. NOT that drivel about Naked Polish Showtunes
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The comment about Bump-Firing under water was the evcellent addition. NOT that drivel about Naked Polish Showtunes

DWFAN this is Not a shot at POLES, feel better if I put Afghani???
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not the Polish part that frightens me
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You never showered in HS with the boyz??? NAKED??? WTF - Weren't you born neked???
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You never showered in HS with the boyz??? NAKED??? WTF - Weren't you born neked???

No,  naked in the rain, outside with other men and mention of POLES

ETA: "What happens in the middle of no-where, stays in the middle of no-where", ancient  NJ Blast X Proverb
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top