Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If any of the LI crew wanna go, be in Valley Stream at 6am comin home the same day
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just in case anyones interested, our table numbers are: N/O 36-39
glenn
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be heading out around 6am-7am Sat morning - figure I'll be at the show sometime around 10-11am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!  Safe driving to all, probably going to be rather 'wet' in the morning.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Got home a couple of hours ago  Good show.  It was really slow early.  It was the first time I didn't have to wait in line to get in.  
Met HiramRanger, talked to SP10 again and found out Aimless is someone I've known for years!
Typical Syracuse show.  Lots of overpriced guns, very few deals.  Glock rep was selling hicap 10mm magazines for $45.  I bought one from him in the spring for $25.  I guess he didn't hear the ban ended in the rest of the country.  They were brand new though.
Found 4 preban AR's at the one booth . $2200 average price.  He was offering a 25% discount because of the ban end.  I offered him $600 for a PWA lower w/ a Colt M4 upper.  He said I didn't know what I was looking at.  I guess not.
There was a guy selling belt fed H&K's for $9,500.00.  Now I'll admit I really didn't know what I was looking at.  But they were cool.  Real german lowers.  There was a H&K93 at a booth right next to the entrance to the bar.  I talked to the guy selling it for 20 minutes.  He wants $2k for it.  But he told me he is having tax issues and I believe he would sell it for $1600 or $1700 if someone really wanted it.
I talked to Steve Troy again and saw a prototype Dual Aperture rear folding sight.  It's going to be worth the wait for those of you, like me, that are waiting for one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I swear to god I don't understand the guy with all the ARs that is near the Hero & Legends resturant.  Who buys from this guy!  I have always wanted an ajoining table just so I could put him out of business.  I mean he has used uppers that are actually above SUGGESTED RETAIL for a new upper.  I can't stand it anymore, if I had a table next to him I would sell stuff all day long at a reasonable price just to take his business.  I guess there is a sucker born every min. but I personally find this guy insulting.

He had a used AR10 A2 upper with plenty of finish wear for $790!  

My buddy bought a used AR10 A4 upper with an ARMS 38-EX, ARMS 22 rings, an unmarked flip up front sight, and a cheesy S&W red dot for $600.  This was from Steve Troy of Troy Mfg.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I met a lot of AR15 and FALfiles folks today. It was a good day.

The show was poorly attended. The single good preban deal I noted last night was sold within 15 minute of the show's opening. Steve Troy had ARMS SIRS for $200, and Aimpoints for $310. A few good buys out there, but you had to look. The infamous dealer by Heros, we nicknamed "Mr. Retail + 10%" several shows ago. Might have to evaluate that...

Aubertine, pickupdan and I would love to take you up on your kind offer, but I suspect it won't be until next year. Dan can't wait

27(!) of us went out to dinner afterwards, and enjoyed a special celebration. Expect a thread to be started soon with incriminating pics to follow! This board and its members never ceases to amaze me...

Night all.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, we have a super special at our table, a Springfield Gov't 6X Scope, tactical Penguin addition, $10 or best offer
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad I went and met every one

I heard some of that same crap from that guy. I was looking at the M1 Carbines he had, which were probably over priced but I really want one. In a way I'm glad I heard him spewing that BS as it made me not buy from him. Now I just need to gather some good info on carbines before the Rochester show.
The action on that Mauser I got is really smooth, tons better than my Mosin Nagant
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
It was a great day! I had a great time meeting new friends, and putting faces on familiar callsigns from this forum. I did say Hi to all my friends from the GATM shoot, along with the few oddballs and penguins that were there!

Doctor Tom  (my friend , driver, and personal physician) was impressed with the turnout of 27 warm bodies and misfits

I'm always SAD when it's time to leave you, and it was a delight to meet the rest of the Avilas in attendance, ED you're a lucky man!

Art at Shurluck was hlepful to me in determining who to trust with my  newly  patented FAL  extractor tool, and had fair prices on his tables.

I am fortunate all of you were there today, it was one of the most stressful I've ever experianced, but between the laughs we had, and the touching end to the evening, I felt  better that I was surrounded by FRIENDS NEW and OLD.

My Wife is feeling  a little better tonight, and we are thankful for all of your prayers.

Have a safe drive home everyone!

Adirondack...Out
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, we have a super special at our table, a Springfield Gov't 6X Scope, tactical Penguin addition, $10 or best offer

Hey, SP10, why dont you give me  twenty bucks to take it off your hands?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#16]
The "suprise" for Ed after dinner was great! The gererosity and caliber of men responsible for this  is beyond belief, making it a pleasure whenever they are spoken with.

Oddly enough it's the exact moment that friends drop by, we get the buisiest. I say this because it's nice to window shop and pick fun at overpriced dealers like the ones I'm with.

The show picked up speed later in the day. I sold a few things and as usual they were the ones that I thought would never sell...the Tec9DC was picked up dozens of times with the question "is this considered a rifle?" A couple of nice buys were made and then turned over to board members.
All considered, yesterday was a great day physically, emotionally, and financially.

BTW: There was a dissapointment: Fed Ex doesn't deliver NDA packages to residential customers on Saturday, so no Garands until Monday. You can bet your ass I'll be at their station Monday morning waiting for them to open.

Best wishes to all!
glenn
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top