Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/27/2004 3:56:06 PM EDT
This is it folks, the big one!  In celebration of seven successful 'official' NJ shoots, we're marking the eighth with an overnight camp out!

I've gotten permission to use the campsites on Ft Dix!  This is awesome because we'll be able to drive just a couple of minutes from the range to the campsite.

Tentative schedule is as follows:

Saturday 6/5

We'll have the range reserved all day, ~9 am to 4:30 pm.

Planning to have a BBQ grill at the range for lunch!  (sign-up sheet will be posted here)

End the day's shooting whenever, head to campsites to set up.

Head to dinner at one of the local establishments.  (TBD - will pick one before the day)

Head back to camp for marshmallows, etc. and an evening of togetherness.

Sunday 6/6

Breakfast by the fire!

Those who want to shoot can form into a group and head to the range for as long as they want.

Given that the campsites are within the restricted borders of the base, we will need to do a pre-registration this time around.  I will need to submit a list of names and vehicle license plate numbers so that the MPs/DOD police will recognize you and let you on to the base.

I am meeting with the management of the gun club tomorrow and will work out specific dates/costs/etc. and will update the info here.

Generally, I am going to make this simple -

1) One fee to cover everything.  
2) You will need to commit to coming by a certain date and provide me with your name and plate number.  This was only for campers, shooters just show up!
3) You will then need to get me your money by a certain date so I can pay the club in advance.  Please see my post below for changes to this!

This should be a fantastic time and a great weekend getaway!  Feel free to sign up now, no need to wait for more info.  I really hope to see everyone come out for this!

By the way, you do not need to camp to come for the day of shooting.  I'll post all the details once I get them from the club.

Updated with specifics:

Cost is as follows:

Shooting and camping: $35
Shooting only, no camping:  $25
 Please see my post below for new info!

These fees include $4 to help cover the cost of some food.  These are flat rates which is necessary to keep this as simple as possible and also due to the fact that we have to book this particular event in advance.  This also ensures that we have a section of the range reserved just for us *all day* at a time when there is always a big crowd at the range.

We must confirm the campsite reservation by 4/23.  There are limited sites and we are coming into Boy Scout season, etc. and the sites get used up quick.

There are six campsites, each allowing six tents.  (that's 36 tents max, so space is limited)  Once we get everyone confirmed, we will assign people to groups.

If you want to join us for the day, you need to let me know as soon as you can and get me your money before the 23rd.

IM or email me and I will send you back my address and phone info.  You can send me cash/check/paypal/whatever the heck you want, I don't really care.  I will keep a running list below of people who have signed up & paid.

I am sooooo excited that this is coming together!  I really hope everyone comes out for this!
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Attendee List

Camping

FMJunkie  (funds received)
Frank Squid
Helldog +1
Bobby the Hun (+1 maybe)
Warshell61
VA_Gunnut (+1 maybe)
sjauch
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
reserved for food & supplies sign-up list
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Im there!

Did somebody say clambake and BBQ? Whoo Hoo!
Link Posted: 3/28/2004 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
New info added, see first post!
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks FMJ-

Trying make it with Mrs. Lion_dog...

Can we bring pets??? Leashed of course.

L_d
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks FMJ-

Trying make it with Mrs. Lion_dog...

Can we bring pets??? Leashed of course.

L_d

I don't think so, but I will double check...
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
What about kids that may need a leash?

The kids have been hounding me to take them camping. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay...that tears it....I had every intention of finally making #7. I kept my mouth shut so I could surprise Squiddles and I ended up having to work instead.

Come hell, high water, insurrection or some other shit, I WILL be there!

Two people, camping and shooting. I'll bring the gazebo, pop-up shelter and kitchen. Frank, should we cast a net and see if the Fish Gods smile upon us?

Lastly, since by the looks of it (and my old memories) Dix has nicer ranges than anything we've been able to put together in NY, PLUS camping on site, means that FMJunkie has officially usurped my role as (self-appointed) Social Director. I hate you.

BTW, anybody in the crew a current Guard or Reserve memeber? We could hit the Class VI store for our "refreshemnts".
Link Posted: 3/31/2004 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
FMJunkie has officially usurped my role as (self-appointed) Social Director. I hate you.

[insane mumble]My rise to power is almost complete...  Mwuhahahahah![/insane mumble]

BTW, anybody in the crew a current Guard or Reserve memeber? We could hit the Class VI store for our "refreshemnts".

I wonder if Hoplite will still be here by then?  (I bet he hopes not!)
Link Posted: 3/31/2004 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]

I am in for the SHOOT & CAMP [plus One (Maybe)].
Link Posted: 3/31/2004 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
that date is too far for me to decide...with school running year round I cant plan that far ahead...but if need be I can pay for the shooting on both days and if I lose the money its not a big deal...add it to the fun fund for the rest
so with that
its a big maybe
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
FM Junkie

I am active duty military living at Ft Hamilton, NY (Brooklyn area).

Can I bring my "pre-ban" Colt SP1 down?  I know they are forbidden in NJ, but Ft Dix is a Federal Installation and may allow them.

Will Ft Dix allow high capacity magazines as well, since it's an "exclusive Federal Jurisdiction"?  

I would like to come down, but the only postban I own is a FA91. I don't have any magazines less than 20 rounds.

Just curious if active duty military living in military housing at Ft Dix have to abide by New Jersey's AWB.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/2/2004 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have talked this over with the range personnel and they have also researched it.  Yes, it is a military reservation and hence Federal land.  However, they do not allow civilians on the range with high capacity mags.  Only state police and DOD police may posess those.

Also, whenever asked my opinion on the subject of bringing banned weapons to this range, I have always said don't do it.  Simple reason is if anything happens, like you get caught along the way and there is a question/debate about whether you are technically allowed to use it on the military range, you will most certainly be in jail until the debate is resolved...

That said, not having your own rifle is not a reason to stay home!  Several folks have come to these without rifles and shot their full.  This is the sole reason I drag out 8-10 ARs every time we go, so that you can shoot them...  Bring ammo if you want, just no Wolf in my ARs
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bring ammo if you want, just no Wolf in my ARs

Link Posted: 4/8/2004 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Just wanted to get in on this shoot. Please send info as soon as you can? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Warshell,

Info is at first post from FMJunkie.

DW
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
count me in for the shoot!!!
where do I send the money!!!
Dix does allow if you have a class 3 licence
fullauto but you have to ask permission from Chuck...and he said 5 round burst max
I might go with Phil @ Brick Armory who got permission for these and shoot the MP5 and some other post samples he has
that should be fun!
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey everyone, I have some important changes to the whole reservation/money thing...

Basically, I was never comfortable asking for money up front.  I didn't want to put some people off who might not know me as well as some others here and risk alienating them from the shoot.  I'm kind of getting the sense that may be the case here since there isn't much of a response yet.  So, I have made arrangements so I don't need money up front.

However, I still need to know who is going to camp that night.  And I need to know before the end of the month!  Please just let me know that you intend to camp and send me your full name and vehicle license plate number so I can submit the list for access to the base.  You can then pay me when you show up.  Also, the fee for the day's shooting will be less, depending on what time you show up.

This is what the cost breaks down to:

If you want to camp - $10
Money towards BBQ - $4 (lunch and, if camping, breakfast the next day)
Shooting:
Show up at 9 am - $21
Show up at 10 am - $18
Show up at 11 am - $15
Show up at noon - $12
And so on, decreasing by $3 each hour

So, if you are just coming to shoot and plan to get there by 11, bring $19 and we'll stuff you full of burgers and dogs!  If camping, bring an extra $10.

Make sense?  Again, if you want to camp please let me know as soon as you can.  I will book the campsite and collect money from you when I see you.

Either way, let's make this the best turnout we've had yet!
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
fullauto but you have to ask permission from Chuck...and he said 5 round burst max
I might go with Phil @ Brick Armory who got permission for these and shoot the MP5 and some other post samples he has
that should be fun!

Are you just shooting or do you want to camp too?  Come on, you know you want to!
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
that should be fun!

Someone is bring FULL AUTOs??? Could this be real???
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
If I can get him to come out I will ask if he will bring the good stuff...I went with him the next day after the last blast and thoroughly enjoyed the Barrett 50cal and a sweet Blaser LRS
stupid accurate and I also made a big hole in the berm on lane 14
I wonder if its still there
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey everyone, I have some important changes to the whole reservation/money thing...

Basically, I was never comfortable asking for money up front.  I didn't want to put some people off who might not know me as well as some others here and risk alienating them from the shoot.  I'm kind of getting the sense that may be the case here since there isn't much of a response yet.  So, I have made arrangements so I don't need money up front.

However, I still need to know who is going to camp that night.  And I need to know before the end of the month!  Please just let me know that you intend to camp and send me your full name and vehicle license plate number so I can submit the list for access to the base.  You can then pay me when you show up.  Also, the fee for the day's shooting will be less, depending on what time you show up.

This is what the cost breaks down to:

If you want to camp - $10
Money towards BBQ - $4 (lunch and, if camping, breakfast the next day)
Shooting:
Show up at 9 am - $21
Show up at 10 am - $18
Show up at 11 am - $15
Show up at noon - $12
And so on, decreasing by $3 each hour

So, if you are just coming to shoot and plan to get there by 11, bring $19 and we'll stuff you full of burgers and dogs!  If camping, bring an extra $10.

Make sense?  Again, if you want to camp please let me know as soon as you can.  I will book the campsite and collect money from you when I see you.

Either way, let's make this the best turnout we've had yet!

Thanks, Rob.

Link Posted: 4/10/2004 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Have I said, "Count me in for the shoot please!"

Thanks for all your efforts Rob!!

Just me so far but I am canvassing for more!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Glad you're coming, wouldn't be the same without you!  Any change you're camping or just shooting for the day?
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Just the shoot, no camping.

Link Posted: 4/15/2004 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
BTW- I am bringing this to finish "killing" it -

And this... "virtually indestructible"

Woo hoooo!!!!!

Edit: sp & stuff....
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I have to go this weekend and book the campsites.  Based on feedback so far, it looks like 6-7 people are camping.  Given that, I am going to book two of the sites which allows for 12 people.  If anyone else wants to camp, you can still sign up but space is now limited!

If those of you who have already said you wanted to camp have changed your mind, PLEASE let me know before Saturday gets here!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
id like to camp out, but i dont know if I will be around
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]
i think im going to come shoot but the camping is messed up for me right now
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:38:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I know I told you on the phone I was coming and camping, but I just wanted to make it official. I'll be leaving the kids with family members so it will be just me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#31]
FMJ - please forgive my tardiness in answering..(unless I already answered, then please excuse my stupidity)

I'll be coming, camping, and cooking various incredible edibles to share. Please put me down for one tent, two people.

Also, anybody who's short on gear: gimme a shout..I have extra stuff I can loan..tell me what you might need.

PS - Regardless of what SOME people <cough, RBAD, cough> the "second person in my tent" will be my gf. Lorie40...NOT FrankSquid. (that was Bulletfest 02)
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Regardless of what SOME people <cough, RBAD, cough> the "second person in my tent" will be FrankSquid...NOT my gf. Lorie40. (that was Bulletfest 02)

Hmm...  Normally I wouldn't care much about what went on behind your closed tent flaps but, this is a military installation after all.  Don't ask, don't tell!

The campsites are reserved, the setup for the shoot is confirmed, BBQ plans are confirmed, NOW YOU ALL JUST NEED TO SHOW UP!

There are still two or three camping sites available if there are any late deciders.  You have to decide before the end of this coming week though!

I will be emailing or IM'ing the campers today with some details, please get back to me ASAP.  I will also be posting an 'items to bring' list today in the space reserved on page 1 of this thread.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in for the shoot. Building my new rig tomorrow w/ Lion_Dog, Zbane and Antonio.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I just realized there weren't directions in this thread!

Directions to the range from the Turnpike.  If you need directions from somewhere else, post here and someone will definitely provide.

I know they are long but, I was very descriptive with them. The whole trip is really very simple.

•Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 7

•After paying toll, take Rt. 206 South

•After a short distance, make a LEFT onto Rt. 68. This is a very well marked intersection with signs for Fort Dix. Also, you can only turn left or go straight at this light, there is no right turn. Rt. 68 is larger highway divided in the middle by a grass median.

•After several miles, you will turn LEFT onto Rt. 537/Monmouth Rd. If you go too far, you will run into the entrance to Ft Dix and the MPs will tell you so. Just turn around and go back a couple of roads.

•After a couple of miles, you will come to an intersection with a WAWA on the far left corner, a diner on the far right corner, a motel on the near left and a gas station on the near right. The WAWA is a good landmark and the last/best place to stop for supplies before getting to the range… Continue straight through the light and on 537.

•A couple of miles past the WAWA you will go through a traffic light. Soon after that you will pass a farm market on your left (with the farm on both sides of the road) and then come to a flashing yellow light. Turn RIGHT at the flashing light onto Jacobstown Cookstown Rd. Note – one of the signs on the corner only says Jacobstown Rd but, that’s the one you want. Just look for the flashing yellow light; that is the best landmark.

•Follow this road to the end, it is a couple of miles. When you get to the end/stop sign, turn RIGHT onto the little main street of Cookstown. I do not believe there are any street signs here.

•Once you go through town you will pass a farm field and then cross over onto the military reservation. (Ft Dix) There is one little white sign that you might miss but, as soon as the field ends and the woods begin, you are on base. Continue straight, this is now Range Rd. You will pass some Bivouac sites on the right and a range or two on the left and the ‘urban’ range on the right. Look for ‘Messina Range’ on your left and the urban/MOUT looking range on your right (they are directly across from each other). These are good landmarks and Range 14 is the next left up the road. You will see a small brown sign on the left that says ‘Ft Dix Rod & Gun Club – Range 14’. Turn LEFT here.

•Go down the short road and cross the tank trail and go through the gate. (you will see the red ‘range hot’ flag flying) Go straight down the long ‘driveway’. You will pass the skeet/trap range on your left, the small archery courses on your right and will eventually come to the rifle range. (You have to turn left)

•We generally have two or three tables all the way down on the right side of the firing line. (These would be the first two you will see when you pull in) Look for a black F-150 parked on the line. You can pull right up to the line to unload.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'm in for the shoot. Building my new rig tomorrow w/ Lion_Dog, Zbane and Antonio.

Mike

You guys are gonna see some handsome looking hardware this shoot. Under the curious eye of Lion_dog, the Gunsmythes in training did their majique and produced some fine work. Now all(sp) we need is a Test Firer and we'll all be greatful!

Edited: SP
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

You guys are gonna see some handsome looking hardware this shoot. Under the curious eye of Lion_dog, the Gunsmythes in training did their majique and produced some fine work. Now all(sp) we need is a Test Firer and we'll all be greatful!

Edited: SP

OK, you are all forcing me to institute a "NO NEW WEAPONS AT NJ BLASTS BECAUSE ROB IS GOING TO END UP DIVORCED OVER HIS UNCONTROLLABLE TENDENCY TO STOP AT THE GUN STORE, THAT IS DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE RANGE AND HIS HOUSE, AND BUY A NEW DAMN GUN AFTER EVERY ONE OF THESE THINGS!!!!!" policy.

I have a new Sprinfield 1911 and Benelli Nova for the next one.  Plus maybe one more new thing that I might pick up as a backup for the Blackwater class.  Here, let me recount the most recent acquisition for you -

<====Me at the gun counter filling out the 4473 in 2.68 seconds so as to continue fondling the 1911 as quickly as possible

<====Me driving home with my new $700 handgun and $100 worth of break-in ammo

<====Me pulling up to the house and seeing wife's car in the driveway, realizing she is home and the full breadth of what I've just done

<====Me greeting my wonderful wife and attempting the extol all the virtues of the 1911 and how the NJ Smart Gun law is coming and how I was FORCED to buy it now

<====Me while my wife expresses her complete agreement with my logic

<====Me at the range the next day breaking in my new 1911
If any of you love me at all, someone PLEASE organize an intervention...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]
OK - everything is worked out as far as food goes.  Lunch will be simple but plentiful.  We'll have burgers, chips, soda, etc.  (you should definitely get your $4 worth)

For those camping, dinner is also squared away.  most likely going to have steak and chicken, perhaps corn or some other appropriate sides, etc.  (best $0 you'll ever spend on dinner, that's for sure!)

Here's what I do need help with:  Folding tables

I could use 2-3 extra folding tables for the BBQ during the day.  I have two but they'll get used on the firing line.  If anyone has an extra folding table or two that they can bring, it would be much appreciated!

Also, and this is very important -

I want to extend a HUGE thank you to Helldog for manning the kitchen!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#38]

I have 6 1911s and #7 being built as we speak.

Just bought 4 Mega stripped lowers. Built one on Sunday. That goes along with a number of other "black rifle" type guns / lowers in various states (location and completion).

I'll make you a deal. I won't do an intervention for you if you won't do one for me. That’s the best I can do. How are you for mags for your Springfield? Also, what are you bringing to Blackwater (handgun wise)?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Frank Squid has generously kicked in for the folding tables we needed so we're all set!

Also, sounds like he might be bringing a little seafood to add to the dinner for the campers!

Thanks Frank!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I have 6 1911s and #7 being built as we speak.

Just bought 4 Mega stripped lowers. Built one on Sunday. That goes along with a number of other "black rifle" type guns / lowers in various states (location and completion).

I'll make you a deal. I won't do an intervention for you if you won't do one for me. That’s the best I can do. How are you for mags for your Springfield? Also, what are you bringing to Blackwater (handgun wise)?

Mike

Heh, its a deal!

I've only got the two mags that came with the pistol at the moment.  But I have the Springfield 'loaded' coupon and I can get up to 10 Springfield 7 rd mags for $9 each.  Seems like a pretty good deal for good mags so I'm sending an order off next week.

I'll be bringing both this 1911 and my Sig 229/.40 to Blackwater.  I will probably use the Sig as the primary and keep the 1911 in case of mechanical problems...

Where did you get your lowers from?  The only reason I haven't bought a few yet is because I'm not paying the ridiculous transfer fees on each of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#41]
all you guys make me sick
7 1911's?
I thought I was bad with 2 glocks but sheesh
i have a fever for a 308 and a 50 cal but cant seem to find the
cashola for the 50 and have absolutley no clue for the 308...
I even thought of building another AR in a entry style and then I shot
Phils Barret M82 and full bore custom Wilson 1911 which was butta!!!
but I will still shoot with you guys
its all in good fun
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey guys - I need to turn in the list of campers this Saturday so if you there are any last minute entries, please speak up now!  Also, if you haven't sent me your name and license plate info yet (campers only) then please do so ASAP.  (I only need info from Bobby the Hun and sjauch at this point)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought directly from Mega Machine Shop $75.00 each. I did the transfer through a local FFL who is, unfortunately, out of business. I will miss him.  He was a friend first and only charged the NICS fee.

I'll see if I can dig up some extra 1911 mags and some .40 ammo. I don't shoot .40 any more.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll take that .40S&W off your hands
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Frank Squid has generously kicked in for the folding tables we needed so we're all set!

Also, sounds like he might be bringing a little seafoodto add to the dinner for the campers!

Thanks Frank!

Oh Frank--- Ya gotta bring some seasoned baby pulpo for the BBQ.

Hey you guys KNOW what PULPO is????BUWAWAhahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#46]
O C T O P U S
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Hey you guys KNOW what PULPO is????BUWAWAhahahahahahaha

COOKED octopus??? That ruins it! Ya gotta eat it RAW!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Relax guys, we'll see whats avilable the week of the shoot but I promise that it will be an unforgetable dinner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I promise that it will be an unforgetable dinner.

[rant mode] I don't care what the others get, I DEMAND squid![/rant mode]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
O C T O P U S

What do HUNGARIANs know about PULPO???
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top