Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2008 2:38:48 PM EDT
Magpul Dynamics Advance Carbine Course
October 25-26, 2008
It will be held in Central Houston.

VIDEO

The cost is $400.00 for the 2 day course (+ $25.00 Range fee which covers both days)
You must preregister to reserve a slot because there are only a certain number of slots available.

Here is an AAR After-Action Report from a previous class that we did in Florida with PLENTY of pictures.

To register contact Justin at MagpulDynamics

Phone/Fax/Payment
[email protected]
Tel: (877) 4-MAGPUL (462-4785) ext 118
Fax: 303.828.3469

Visa & MasterCard accepted.

Gear / Equipment Needed:
1500 Rounds Carbine / 800 Rounds Pistol
• Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
• Ear pro, which will handle the noise of 5.56 going off next to you (Electronic preferred)
• Eye pro, which wraps around, and clear lenses for night shoots
• Baseball style hat recommended
• Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
• A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
• Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
• A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
• Primary weapon mounted light with spare bulbs and batteries
• Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light, with spare bulbs and batteries (optional)
• Tools that work on your weapon, i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc. (0ptional)
• Weapons lube
• Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
• Water hydrating device
• Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
• Gloves (optional)
• Insect Repellent (optional)
• Bring an open mind.

If you have any question feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

*I understand that there is a rumor being spread about being required to purchase frangible ammo for this class. Let me clear the confusion and say that is absolutely NOT true. The facility will be able to handle .223 / 5.56mm FMJ just fine. You can even use reloads / handloads if you like.

Also, the range is well ventilated with an open roof and is 50 yards deep by 25 yards wide.

If you have heard any other rumors concerning this class, or the facilty, please IM me so that I can address it accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Instructors:

Travis Haley is a veteran Force Reconnaissance Marine with 14 years of dedicated real world experience including combat tours in the Balkans, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa and other classified locations around the world. After leaving the military, Travis Haley has served as a special operations and security contractor including numerous PSD details for dignitaries such as Ambassador Paul Bremer, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Ambassador John Blaney of Liberia, and ECOWAS/MIL JTF task force commander General John Tuner.

The founder, President and Director of Operations at Simply Dynamic Tactical, Mr. Haley developed and refined a tactical training program that he has used to instruct military, government security, law enforcement and private citizens. He brings both his dynamic training methodology and his leadership to Magpul Dynamics.

Chris Costa has spent the better part of the past 7 years in the private sector at Applied Marine Technologies Inc. and Linxx on assignment with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Risk Management Division (RMD). At AMTI and Linxx, Mr. Costa specialized in Chemical, Nuclear, Biological and Radiological environments teaching Police Tactical Operations-CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear or High Explosive) environments and providing Red Team Vulnerability Assessments on critical infrastructures for the US Government. Prior to this, Mr. Costa spent 12 years with the United States Coast Guard conducting law enforcement and special operations missions in Europe, the Middle East, and South America.

In addition to being Lead Instructor, Mr. Costa's role at Magpul Dynamics is to direct all training and personnel and oversee product testing and development.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is it that the good training ckasses always happen when there's a gunshow in Houston?  Same weekend as the BIG Houston gunshow :(  
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why is it that the good training ckasses always happen when there's a gunshow in Houston?  Same weekend as the BIG Houston gunshow :(  

Hey "Tactical Jen," don't you have people who work for you?

BTW, that 10.25 RRA Upper that I picked up from you still runs like a champ.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to start scraping my pennies together now. Looks like a good class.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Range info available on request.  This will also be a LE heavy course.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Course Description
This is a fast paced, hands-on, super dynamic live fire course with minimal time spent in the classroom. Starting with combat mindset, the class thoroughly covers:

Rapid threat analysis and acquisition
Shooting on the move
Multiple target engagement
Strong and reaction side shooting
Malfunctions
Natural and improvised shooting positions
Barricade shooting
Shooting from vehicles (client dependant)
Concealed shooting
Low light tactics
Individual and team confidence enhancement shooting drills
Individual and team live fire stress courses

Hardware/Kit
A functional carbine or submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won't. If they hit the ground they can become fouled, causing weapon malfunctions and time off the line.

Note pad, and pen/pencil
Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
Appropriate foot wear
Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
Ear pro (electronic preferred)
Eye pro, which wraps around
Clear lenses for night shoots
Baseball style hat recommended
Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
Primary weapon mounted light
Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
Spare bulbs and batteries for all lights
Tools that work on your weapon
Weapons lube
Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
Water hydrating device
Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
Gloves (optional)
An open mind.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
this looks like a sweet class.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

is this a pistol or a carbine class?

Ooopsie!!! Thanks for the heads up. I edited my post.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#9]

*I understand that there is a rumor being spread about being required to purchase frangible ammo for this class. Let me clear the confusion and say that is absolutely NOT true. As long as the ammunition is not .50 BMG, the facility will be able to handle it. You can also use reloads / handloads, .223, .5.6mm, .308, 7.62 x 51/54mm, 6.8 SPC, etc...

Also, the range is well ventilated with an open roof and is 50 yards deep by 25 yards wide.

If you have heard any other rumors concerning this class, or the facilty, please IM me so that I can address it accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#11]
The class is half full already and it's only July. Sign up today, before all of the slots are taken.

Call Justin at [email protected]
Tel: (877) 4-MAGPUL (462-4785) ext 118
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT

Link Posted: 8/5/2008 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
El Bumpo
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
El Come to Dallas 'O.

I didn't know SDI ended up with y'all.

If you gave me several more month notice, I would be all over this.....  Chl, trauma first aid class and bug out drill have eaten my lunch in training funds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
El Come to Dallas 'O.

If you gave me several more month notice, I would be all over this.....  Chl, trauma first aid class and bug out drill have eaten my lunch in training funds.

Four and a half months is not enough notice?

Sorry that you couldn't make it. Next time then. Happy shooting!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Signed up today
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
El Come to Dallas 'O.

Four and a half months is not enough notice?

Sorry that you couldn't make it. Next time then. Happy shooting!!!

I teach and plan my classes 6 mo out because I am broke( only 2 a year if lucky).  Most of my summer is dedicated to Tiger Valley Right now.  Yall are on my list next to Pat R.  I will take a class eventually.... Please keep us in mind.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I teach and plan my classes 6 mo out because I am broke( only 2 a year if lucky).  Most of my summer is dedicated to Tiger Valley Right now.  Yall are on my list next to Pat R.  I will take a class eventually.... Please keep us in mind.

No problem. We'll look forward to seeing you next time!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Guess what... BUMP!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Class almost full.

Just a few limited number of slots left!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Double Post. Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/16/2008 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Post Ike Report:

[email protected] Lives. Advance Carbine Course still on schedule. A handful of slots remain open.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Three slots left. Most likely two slots left as soon by the end of the week. Sign up today before we're filled up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#25]
24 more days! WOOHOO!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey "Tactical Jen," don't you have people who work for you?

BTW, that 10.25 RRA Upper that I picked up from you still runs like a champ.

www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/6803/246632.jpg

what if I want to go
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

what if I want to go

Then you better talk to the Bosslady... or call in sick that weekend.

There's a lot of that going on lately... cough... cough...
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Less than two weeks left! The Magpul Dynamics team's schedule is extremely busy with our upcoming DVD and touring cities nationwide so we don't make it to Houston very often. Don't miss out on this opportunity. Sign up today!
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Last bump
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#30]
YOU GUYS NEED TO COME TO DALLAS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
YOU GUYS NEED TO COME TO DALLAS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes a lot to set up a class and put it together in a new city. Developing a relationship and acquiring a range with a good facility that will allow us to take it over for a weekend is not easy to find. Then there's the location of the range in relations to lodging, dining, entertainment, etc... you get the jist of it.

We have three guys from Dallas coming down for the class this weekend. One guy from San Antonio and one from Austin.

All of the instructors are from the SOF community and have at least two recent deployments under their belt. There's going to be a lot of good information and training in this class of what works and what doesn't when you're shooting at the two-legged vermin that shoots back at you. Hope you can make it the next time we're in town (Houston).

Until then, get the DVD. You'll pick up a few things that may help you "hone your art."

Photo Credit to Stickman

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top