Posted: 10/27/2007 8:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soowah]
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42485
Title edit  Soowah  8-15-08
Link Posted: 10/27/2007 8:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schulze] [#1]

Originally Posted By mzdaffyd:
www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42485

You have to be logged in to read it. What does it say?
Link Posted: 10/27/2007 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Corpus Christi is close enough...

I'm all over it!

I'll get some ammo headed that way.

Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 10/27/2007 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Schulze:

www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42485

You have to be logged in to read it. What does it say?

they need ammo donations and volunteers for this:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA102707.01B.ParalyzedVeterans.32b41ff.html

Link Posted: 10/28/2007 12:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mzdaffyd] [#4]
Per your request here is the information.  I am not Ed Hoffer.

Wanted: Ammo Donations

Once a quarter I bring out many of my rifles and handguns to support the below “fun shoots” for our returning troops being treated at Brooks Army Medical Center, and our local Veterans Administration Hospital.

In the past, Paralyzed Veterans of America has begged for donations or just used their own meager funds to get ammunition to use in the firearms that volunteers bring. During each shoot we end up going through about $1200.00 worth of ammunition. Their blanket letter of endorsement is below.

I’ve dipped into my stockpile, and donated countless rounds, but now my stockpile is dwindling. I usually bring about 20 firearms to these events and it’s a very rewarding experience, and sobering at the same time, watching these brave men, actually having fun after traumatic injuries.

Young64 a member of our forum has also volunteered his time when his Navigator Schooling doesn’t get in the way.

If you would like to help out, below is a list of calibers commonly used, my mailing address is down at end.

Here is a list of calibers that we currently have a need for:

Rifle:
.223 *
.308 *
30-06 *
7.62x39 *
7.62x51 NATO
22-250 *
.243 *
6.5x55 Swede
7.5x55 Swiss
7.62x54R
.303 British

Handgun:
.32 ACP
7.62x25
9mm Luger *
9mm Makarov
.40 SW *
.45 ACP *
.50 AE (they love the kick)
500 S&W (they love the kick)

The items with the * are the calibers they try to use their funds for (when they can't get a local retailer to donate), the rest come from members stockpiles. Any help, including common calibers is welcome.

Here is a link and text from a recent news article:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/ ... b41ff.html

Quote:
Injured vets reclaim piece of former lives
Web Posted: 10/26/2007 10:20 PM CDT
Vincent T. Davis
Express-News

In the shade of the Bracken Shooting Range, a group of men and women regularly reacquaint themselves with a piece of their old lives.

They occupy 20 stations, firing pistols, rifles and shotguns with the help of those who understand where they've been.

"You want to shoot that 50 cal, bro?" Marco De La Rosa asks Army Staff Sgt. Chris Pettway on his third visit to the range.
After a bit of egging, the Alabama native agrees to shoot the pistol that only a few dare to try because of its recoil. Taped to the targets are black-and-white photographs of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

"That's right! You're from Alabama, I'll hook you up!" De La Rosa jokes, rolling his wheelchair to set up the weapon. A Marine veteran, De La Rosa was paralyzed from the waist down while trying to stop a video store robbery 14 years ago near Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Pettway, a double amputee, walks to the station on lithium-ion prosthetic "C-Legs." He raises the 3-pound semiautomatic, called "Desert Eagle" by its manufacturer and those familiar with it, aims and fires. The shots form a tight group, with four bullets blasting a hole in Saddam's mouth.

Bystanders howl, applauding his accuracy. Pettway, 36, smiles and shakes his head.

One of several volunteers with the Texas Chapter of Paralyzed Veterans of America, De La Rosa works with vets, showing them how others who have been wounded have overcome their physical limitations.

The chapter has sponsored the recreational shooting program for those wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan since October 2004.

The injuries of participants range from basic nerve damage to full body paralysis.

Veterans Administration and Army therapists, volunteers, and family members join the wounded service members in the quarterly trips to the firing range, 2 miles north of Loop1604.

Member and founder David Bradshaw suggested the idea of the outing after a few members said they wished they could go hunting the way they did before their accidents.

"These young guys have had their life ripped away," Bradshaw said. "One day they're very active and then they wake up handicapped and live the rest of their life without parts of their body and they think life is over. We get them out there with people who have the same injuries and show them that life goes on."

VA recreation therapist Jose Laguna and Heather Soto from the Community Reintegration program at the Center for the Intrepid work closely with the service members to ensure they are physically and mentally prepared for the outings.
"It's a huge part of therapy to show them they're going to be able to do everything they did before," Soto said, watching her clients fire weapons. "They're their own best motivators."

Between 30 and 40 service members regularly register for the firing range trips, where weapons are modified to accommodate physical limitations.

Garland Jennings, 59, who has multiple sclerosis and muscular dystrophy, sipped on a straw that sets off a vacuum switch that fires a weapon at the range.

Another weapon, powered by a 12-volt battery, can fire when veterans place their chin in a cup that moves a joystick up or down or side to side.

"It's like freedom," said his wife, Jayne Jennings, watching a volunteer prepare the weapon. "He's independent with that set-up."

Later, standing with other wounded men, Spc. Michael Dunn, 23, fired a .22-250 caliber rifle. "That weapon is just amazing," he said afterward. "It feels good to smell gunpowder again."

Some Pictures from the last "fun shoot"
Paralyzed Veterans of America Letter:

If you live in the San Antonio area and would like to volunteer, let me know.

[email protected]

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Dr
San Antonio, TX 78233

If you need a receipt for tax purposes I can get you one through David Bradshaw, who is with Paralyzed Verterans of America (see his letter)

Thanks all!

Ed

Link Posted: 10/28/2007 1:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Backstop] [#5]
There was a good write-up in the San Antonio Express News paper - guess it was Thurs or so last week.

Oops...didn't see the article/credit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have fixed it so that "guests" to the forum can read it now.  It's been updated as well.  This just isn't for San Antonio guys by the way.  These soldiers come from all parts of the USA.  

Most of them go from Iraq to Germany then straight here, no stops in between.

To those who have responded, in SurplusRifleForum or emailed me directly, thank you very much and thanks for the support.  We've been running these fun shoots for a while, and have to limit how often we hold them because of the expense.

This is not a one time deal, so the need for ammo will be ongoing.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By edhoffer:
I have fixed it so that "guests" to the forum can read it now.  It's been updated as well.  This just isn't for San Antonio guys by the way.  These soldiers come from all parts of the USA.  

Most of them go from Iraq to Germany then straight here, no stops in between.

To those who have responded, in SurplusRifleForum or emailed me directly, thank you very much and thanks for the support.  We've been running these fun shoots for a while, and have to limit how often we hold them because of the expense.

This is not a one time deal, so the need for ammo will be ongoing.

Ed

EMAIL sent ;)
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Want to thank the AR15 members who responded so far.  It will be a long term effort, and ammunition will always be needed.  At a "Fun Shoot" we average 35 soldiers, who roam and shoot whatever they can, from Shotguns, Rifles to pistols.

A member has gratiously donated a shooting sled, for the more serious injuries, and it will be put to good use!

This is not just for Texas members though, I've gotten some donations in the brief time this program has started from all over the US.

Mod's if there is a better place to put this please do.  

Thanks all for you support!

Ed
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a little lost on this forum, is there a better place for this thread to be located, so that others, other than Texan's can participate if they so choose?

Link Posted: 11/3/2007 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll link from Gen. Discussion.  Lotta traffic there...
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42485

that link is still taking me to a login page.  Let's try this one:

www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42485
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 5:20:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edhoffer] [#12]
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
We developed another "need", most of the people are sending "small lots" of ammo.

If anyone has spare dry boxes to store and transport it, it would save using meager funds.  The larger ones versus the small 30 cal are preferred.

Each event we go through about 5000 rds, and carrying them in assorted cardboard boxes...

The intent is to make each caliber specific and well marked.  Some of the "volunteers" have been known to put 40 SW in a 45 with unfavorable results.  Can't watch everyone  LOL.

Looks like there will be ample "knowledgeable" volunteers to help out at future events, I'm keeping a seperate list of those local who wish to volunteer to I can do a mass email once I know the firm dates.

Again thanks for the support for AR15 Members.

Ed

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I need help folks. After a flurry of initial emails, the interest has slowed down.

To date I've received 4 shipments, and another 1 or 2 is on the way. Keep in mind these are not spam can donations, just what people could afford to donate.

Please talk this up with your friends, local gun shops, anyone who would be willing to donate. If you know the owner of a major distributor or ammo company, pass the word.

The Paralyzed Veterans of America usually uses their funds to buy equipment so that the paralyzed veterans can enjoy shooting, their sponsoring of these events has put a serious dent in the ability to purchase the equipment they normally purchase.

For the Locals: The next FUN SHOOT is 14 Dec 2007. Set up is at 12 noon, the troops usually arrive an hour later. It will be held at the Bracken Range -- http://www.brackenrange.com/

Please help support this worthy cause!

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Email inbound
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#16]
More pictures from the last Fun Shoot

What these guys can do with prosthetics is amazing.

s60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/edhoffer/BAMC Fun Shoot 2007/

Ammo we are light on for the 14 Dec Shoot.

Pistol Calibers
All
We have sufficient .22

Rifle Calibers
22-250
6.5x55 Swede
30-06
7.5x55 Swiss
8mm Mauser

Shotgun:

12 guage
20 guage

Ed
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Feel free to cross post this wherever you might frequent, forums, local gun stores..  We need the help.

If you post on another forum, ask permission first unless you know it's ok.

Of the donations I've received so for, most were not from Texas, but other states in our great country.

Thanks for any support you can give in getting the word out.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Ammo Donations Updates:

So far we have had about a dozen members for various forums (SurplusRifleForum, Gunboards, and AR15.com) donate ammunition and or funds to sponsor the Fun Shoots for our brave military members who are recovering from wounds received.  

The donations have ranged from extremely generous to whatever was possible by individual members, and they all count to making these shooting events possible.  So please consider donating ammunition, every little bit helps.

For those coming to volunteer;  there has been some M2 Ball ammo, donated so Garands are welcome.  

Ammo still in short supply:
7.62x25
9mm Makarov
45ACP
50 AE
500 S&W

22-250
.308 Commercial grade
.30-06 Commercial and Garand Safe Ammo
6.5x55 Swedish
7.5x55 Swiss

20 Gauge for skeet
12 Gauge for skeet

The above shortages are just to ensure that the Dec 14th Fun Shoot has the best assortment of firearms for the guys to play with.     The next fun shoot is tentatively scheduled for February, and more ammo of all calibers will be needed for that event as well.  Keep in mind the shoots are held quarterly, unless we have a lot of extra ammunition, then they could be held more frequently.

With the response of donated ammunition, it will now be possible for the Paralyzed Veterans of America (Texas Chapter) to purchase the specialized equipment they need to help the paralyzed veterans be able to enjoy shooting sports once again.

Thanks again to all who have supported this event so far, and looking forward to hearing from others as well.

Ed Hoffer
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#19]
If you frequent other forums, please spread the word.  

The Dec 14th Shoot, is not the only shoot we hold, the next one will be in February, so there is an ongoing need for any ammo.

Thanks again for the response from AR15.com members.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#20]
GREAT NEWS!

A lot of members have asked if they could use PAYPAL to donate to the Fun Shoot. The local chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America has given the ok for me to use my Paypal account. So as of know, paypal is accepted.

I ask that in the comments field you state "PVA Fun For Veterans"

The information for my paypal account is Edward Hoffer [email protected]

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation.

Be assured that all funds coming into this account will be used for ammunition, and shooting supplies (ear plugs, shooting glasses, target fees when needed) and equipment need for the more severly injured so that they can enjoy the shoot.

Right now, looks like we need shotgun and pistol ammo, so thats what the funds will be used for.

Thank you all... Give what you can!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#21]
GREAT NEWS! PAYPAL NOW ACCEPTED

A lot of members have asked if they could use PAYPAL to donate to the Fun Shoot. The local chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America has given the ok for me to use my Paypal account. So as of know, paypal is accepted.

I ask that in the comments field you state "PVA Fun For Veterans"

The information for my paypal account is Edward Hoffer [email protected]

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation.

Be assured that all funds coming into this account will be used for ammunition, and shooting supplies (ear plugs, shooting glasses, target fees when needed) and equipment need for the more severly injured so that they can enjoy the shoot.

Right now, looks like we need shotgun and pistol ammo, so thats what the funds will be used for.

Thank you all... Give what you can!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Donation and E-mail sent.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
As the shoot draws near, a final plea for funds or ammo in the pistol calibers and shot gun calibers.

.40 SW
.45 ACP
9mm Makarov
50 AE
500 S&W

20 Guage
12 Guage

This is locally run, having the PVA umbrella just allows us to purchase ammo locally tax free and at a discount.  I can account for every round and every dollar that members have contributed.  The more money we don't have to get from the PVA, the more money they can dedicate to buying the intricate shooting set ups that the paralyzed members need to enjoy this fun sport.

I know the holidays are upon us, and money is tight.  Give what you can, if you can't right now that's ok, the next shoot will be in February.

Thanks for your support in this endeavor!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX  78233
(210) 967-5850
[email protected]   (for email and paypal)
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
We had a BLAST. About 30+ patients who and family and from other facilities participate in the shoot.

The oohs and ahhh as they got to fire a REAL Garand, some pristine mausers, Mosin Nagants, M1a'S. K31, Finn's, FAL and lots of AR and ak's/

They had a bast on the pistol and shotguns lines as wlll. Firing tokarov pistosl, Makarov (bulgy and C82, and the SW 500 went thouh 100 rounds.

Many thanks to the volunteers who helped clean weapons, carried boxes and boxes of ammunition.

It was WAY worth to see their smileson on the troops and we used a 22 for severe burn cases and the led slead (that was donated)

All the funds sent in were spend on pistol and shotgun ammo so it was a well rounded blinding SUCCESS!!!

As soon as I reinventory what went down range, will start ginning up interest for the next fun shoot whiich is tentatively set for Mar/Apr.

Again, thanks to those who donated, volunteered their valuable time and made it a fun time for all. It was a very good cause.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#25]
That was a lot of fun. The most popular guns on my end were the suppressed ARs and the HK 51
Link Posted: 12/17/2007 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#26]
very good to meet ya' Schulze and Ed!

Not sure who else was there but it was a great day.  Ugly weather, but a great day!

Looking forward to the next shoot!
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#27]
shameless bump

latest info here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=644551
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Good to meet you too, peskador. I'll probably see you at the next one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 11:15:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edhoffer] [#29]
Will anybody else local be able to attend and bring their toys for the guys to shoot?

I know about Peskador and Shultze... but not others.

Also a last plug for funds... we will probably have just enough 500 SW but not 50 AE and 300 WSM.

Ed
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
We had the Fun Shoot last Friday on the 29th.

We had a good showing of guys and gals from Brooks Army Medical Center and they all had a blast!

We also had a number of volunteeers that where able to donate their time and efforts to help, which made it a lot easier for all.

This time instead of Bracken Range only donating some allocated shooting stations... the whole range, all spaces where reserved for us so we had a lot more room to spread out.  If you are local and use the Bracken Range be sure to thank Chuck!

Some brought some oldies but goodies, we had black powder and some 45-70's which were enjoyed by many.

I want to extend my thanks, and that of the TPVA for all who helped support this cause and helped make it possible.

We can still use monetary donations (pay pal, gift cards etc.) for the ammo we are usually shy on, and of course all ammo donations are still accepted.  Right now we have adequate stock on hand for a few more shoots, but the more we have the less there is to worry about.

I want to also extend a special thanks to the volunteers that stayed afterwards and helped me clean all the firearms I brought!!!!

Ed
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry I missed it Ed. I broke one of the guns I was bringing that week so I said screw it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#32]
height=8
Sorry I missed it Ed. I broke one of the guns I was bringing that week so I said screw it. hen
One of the two Garands I brought didn't fair too well this time either, looks like it needs a rebuild job.  

Ed
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Sorry I missed it Ed. I broke one of the guns I was bringing that week so I said screw it.

dang, must be contagious...  my V51 SBR is sick as well....  firing pin is not connecting with primers

See ya' at the next one Schulze
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Updated pics to the main thread:  http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=644551&page=3

Sure do appreaciate, and so do the AD Military/Vets who come to these events.

Thanks again to one and all.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#35]
For those who have the time to volunteer, the next Fun Shoot is 18 April, gates open at noon.

Please email me if you are able to come and what firearms you will bring.

Ed

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 11:02:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edhoffer] [#36]
Today was the Fun Shoot!! we had over 30 shooters, and all the firearms got a work out, I brought about 40 firearms.

We had some shortages.... but will plan better for the next one.

We are going to try to beg borrow and work with larger venders, expeciallly now that the formums donations have slowed way down.

We desperately need funds though, we are now reloading 500 S&W, 50 AE, 300 WSM and probably a few others.

If you can  dip into you wallet... any amount is welcome.
 This can be thorugh checks, gift cards to sportsman wharehouse, or paypal ([email protected])

Well give a better status of ammo once my mind catches up with the body.  

One thing we need to better is coordinate the volunteers better.

If you could please provide me with the following even if you think I have it.

You name, screen name and what forums you normally go to
You adrress and phone
What firearms you are more comfortable in providing assistance in.
What firearms you can bring to the fun shoots.

We had soo many qawkers this time couldn't tell who was who at times

[email protected]

If you deside to donate anything.... my address is;

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX  78233
(210) 967-5850

I can and will provide a tax statement, and the TPVA will provide recognition as well

Thanks to all that have... and thanks to any new donee who which to support this cause.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's a few pictures from yesterday's meet:

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Good to see you there, chips.

Ed - maybe if the volunteers wore yellow name tags we would know who's a gawker.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Good Idea... some form of self adhesive device witll be used next time.  That way will know if the volunteers have been briefed... or they just soft of showed up.  Either way now there will be a way to know if they been talked to or not.

Can't remember which forum the guy was from, either here, gunboards or surplusrifleforum...   but regarding the K31 that was donated... they had a blast with it.... of course after asking about the safety device  GRIN

Ed
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Good to see you there, chips.

Likewise.

I'm looking forward to the next meet!

Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:16:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chips] [#41]
Doubletap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't know how I've missed this thread for so long, but tagged for later.

I'm no longer anywhere near the area, and haven't been for quite some time, but I'll see what I can do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#43]
height=8
Originally Posted By wise_jake:
Don't know how I've missed this thread for so long, but tagged for later.

I'm no longer anywhere near the area, and haven't been for quite some time, but I'll see what I can do.

Any assistance... volunteering, ammo donation, financial aid is appreciated.  The last shoot had 30 patients... it seems the number is increasing.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#44]
The next Fun Shoot is coming up. It will be held at the Bracken Range on 6 June 2008. For the volunteers past present and future please arrive at Noon to help set up. Please shoot me an email on if you will be able to attend and what firearms you will be bringing as well.

We are getting low on some supplies, and I hate to beg for donations… well it’s for a good cause and it’s a tax deductible donation.

At the bottom is a current inventory of ammunition, and those calibers we need.

We have some new needs. Because money has been tight for everyone, we (me) are now reloading for calibers we need but are two blasted expensive for the average person to donate.

Hogdgen Powder has donated an 8lb tub of H110 which will cover our 50AE and 500 S&W reloads.

Still need Varget for a multiple of rifle calibers.

Need Large Rifle primers and Large Magnum Pistol primers.

Need 50 AE 325 gr JHP Bullets

Need 500 S&W 350 gr JHP Bullets

Need various grains of .308 rifle (125, 150, 165, 180) Bullets. (These will be used for 7.5 Swiss, 308, 30.06 and 300 WSM. The 125 gr will to make reduced recoil loads if we can’t get loaded ammunition.

For the reloading supplies, we get them at Sportsmans Warehouse, so either a gift card to there, paypal to me, or a check. Their prices are close to Midway USA prices and we don’t pay tax, and get a 5% discount.

Cleaning patches in .22 .30 .45 and .50 sizes. We clean all donor firearms at the range, and don’t think the donors need to supply their own cleaning materials.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/edhoffer/TPVA/TPVAAmmo.jpg

Thank you very much to those who donated in the past, and hopefully new donors and volunteers.

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Dr
San Antonio, TX 78233

(210) 967-5850

[email protected] (good for paypal as well as email)
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#45]
UPDATE:

For the 6 Jun fun shoot...

We can make do without a lot of the listed needs, but desperately need:

.32 ACP
.380 ACP

45/70

We are also in need of shooting glasses and disposable ear plugs

Please help if you can. Through the generosity of two members now have $145 dollars towards reloading supplies, but will need more for the August shoot.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks like we will be in fine shape for the 6 June Fun Shoot.

We had some recent monetary donations that allowed us to purchase the ammo and reloading components we were short of.

Sierra Bullets is also going to send a donation of bullets... when they get here, looks like the shoulder will get a workout on the presses.

Thank you to all again who have made these events possible!!!

The next fun shoot will probably be in late July or August.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey Ed, check your email.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like we need a few extra volunteers to help out at the 6 Jun Fun Shoot.

If you are local (San Antonio, TX) and would like to help out please email me.  

[email protected]

Ed
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Hopefully all know that I'm one one of the honchos for the Wounded Warrior Fun Shoots held here in San Antonio.

We rely on donations to let our hero's out of the hospital to have an afternoon of shooting recreation.

Sierra Bullets just made a size-able donation of reloading components (bullets) for which I'm humbled and totally awed.

.223 52gr HPBT 4500 bullets, approx cost $712
.308 110gr FMH 2500 bullets, approx cost $450
.308 168gr HPBT 4500 bullets, approx cost $1170
500 SW 350gr JHP 3900 bullets, approx cost $1896

Total approx bullets bullets 15,400 Total approx cost $4228

I've always been a customer of their... now there is no other even if I have to back-order stuff.

Another big time donor is Federal, they have donated a ton of commercial ammo.

My point of contact at Sierra is Matt Reams [email protected]

Thanks to all who have donated ammo, funds and support. Support Sierra Bullets and Federal Ammo, they give when no one else would.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#50]
We had a very very successful Fun Shoot yesterday.  Had more shooters show up than ever.  Some pictures will get posted later, I'm leaving on vacation for two weeks tonight.

We normally have 20-25 patients, and those rehabilitating, this time there were more that 30.  Many thousands of rounds went down range and a GREAT time was had by all.

Thanks to all who have donated, and the volunteers who were able to show up and work their butts off.

Ed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top