$3/hr (bring exact change)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
damn it!
I have to work today...
I'd would love to join you... I have a "IVAN" to kill
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could, just too much to do today.
I'll be out there Sunday morning...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Next time a little more notice.
6:49 am just doesn't cut it.

If only you could have been there, Mr. Bumpfire....

here's Energizer's post on another board... I will respond with more to the story later.

by Energizer
wish you guys were there! we had a BLAST!

Long story short-- we had to put up with some MAJOR liberal BS with the local 4H club trying to force us off the range "for the women and children" cus our guns were "evil" and had way too much power... they were very confrontational, then tried to tell us we were being immature, and we can go to another range closer to our house, etc. etc. (the owner did not like that comment when the lead bitch stated that! its his business, not theirs!) and of course, they didn't listen to us the last time we saw them there-- BRING HEARING PROTECTION-- ITS A DAMN RANGE! They seem to think we should be sympathetic to them cus of the "women and children" and then the lead bitch tried to claim that since we are men, we told her that her opinion doesn't count... blah blah blah -- total BS. Wish I had my recorder... LMAO She tried the :sexist: approach... ;rofl;

They went and got the owner after wasting lots of our time, and he let us stay :D... hehe we tried to tell them we already had this discussion with the owner when we {*cough* nationwide} "burnt down the range" on the 3rd, but they didn't believe us.... :D

They were also violating simple rules like walking out to the targets WHILE THE LINE IS HOT AND DURING OPEN FIRE! And they didn't seem to care! WTF! Talk about teaching kids the wrong values! We made them call the range hot/cold, but when it went cold, they continued to touch the firearms! WTF!?

They also tried to say that there were only two of us, and tried to "force us" off the range cus there were 25+ of them... [funny, I had a few 30-rd mags! hehe :D]

I did a few FAST bump fires with my new pistols... they shit a brick when they heard that!  ;rofl; One time the guy called the range clear while I was still shooting, of course I couldn't hear him-- he should have waited for me to finish. He came and touched my shoulder as I dumped about 28 rds in an "aimed" bump fire!   :uzi: The look on his face was priceless!

I will type more later when I get some time...

If you guys want to go next time they meet-- 3rd Saturday next month! they go from about 9am-11:30am... however, they seem to think they will get exclusive rights to use the range, although there is plenty of room for everyone... just have to see I guess... :D Maybe they will bring hearing protection... we'll call the owner to confirm if we can be there at the same time, just to prove a point...

PS: one of the "famous quotes" from the lead FUGLY bitch--

"these type of guns and their concussion are offensive to women and children"

;rofl;  :wtf;  :uzi:  ;cry;

I told her next time I will bring some machine guns...

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
CnL and I were on the porch listening to the gunfire this am.  WOW, wish I had been there to show how "offensive" anMY Evil Black Rifle is to wimmenz!

Anyway, some of us will be out there this afternoon around 2-ish, and again tomorrow am, if anyone wants to come and play!

(Even CnL will be there tomorrow morning, for those of you who are wondering if he really exists...!)

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CnL and I were on the porch listening to the gunfire this am.  WOW, wish I had been there to show how "offensive" anMY Evil Black Rifle is to wimmenz!

Anyway, some of us will be out there this afternoon around 2-ish, and again tomorrow am, if anyone wants to come and play!

(Even CnL will be there tomorrow morning, for those of you who are wondering if he really exists...!)

how far do you live from there?  Energizer bumped his new creations - about 700 rds of XM193!
I shot about 300rds
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Info on the 4H club...

From their PDF newsletter July/August 2005:
"Rifle practice continues to be the third
Saturday of each month at the range in
Tom Bean. Practice runs from about
9:30 am til about 11:30 am."

Links:

Main Page:
http://www.geocities.com/saddleboundkids

From this list
http://pages.yahoo.com/nhp/schools___education/student_organizations/4_h/_f_/all/_pos_/40

Newsletter:
http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/newsletters/05Yearschedule.pdf (not up-to-date)

http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/ (http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/Newsletters.cfm)
http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/EventsNEW.cfm
http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/newsletters/05JulAug.pdf
http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/newsletters/What's%20Happening%20In%20Extension%20July%202005.rtf

http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/Links.cfm

http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Next time a little more notice.
6:49 am just doesn't cut it.

You didn't get the memo??? The've been bugging me to go since the "Great Berm Fire of '05"

I had to work though...  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Apparently, according to the publications on the Grayson County web site, they are in violation of the standard 4H rules for the state of Texas!

http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/PubCat.cfm?COUNTY=Grayson&CatID=19

http://grayson-tx.tamu.edu/publications/4HstateRiflerule.pdf

"Fun and safety are primary products of the program."

"3.0.2 Ear protection - Adequate ear protection is required for all shooters participating in rifle events with the exception of BB gun or air rifle events where they may be worn at the shooter’s option. Hearing protection may consist of either appropriate plugs or headphones or a combination of both."

"1.0 4-H competition - Any competitive shooting event that is authorized or sponsored by Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Program at any level is a 4-H competition. Conduct, range and safety standards must comply with 4-H criteria. In general, criteria set by national or international governing bodies are acceptable."

1.3 ... "Modification of 4-H rules for local events and locally sponsored invitational
events is permitted as long as safety and control regulations are not reduced below these standards. Any such modification of the base rules must be posted and available to all participants."

TOTAL DISREGARD TO THIS
"10. RANGE CONTROL AND COMMANDS
Standard range safety and operation commands are essential in 4-H Shooting Sports events. Range commands as listed in section 9 of the NRA rule manuals, 4-H basic or expanded range commands as outlined in the appendices of the 4-H Shooting Sports Guide, CMP range commands, USA Shooting (UIT) range or their equivalent are acceptable. Range control and safety are the primary concern of range staff."

"firearms handling principles by all persons on or about the range. Self discipline is the foundation of safety; and if it be lacking, it is the responsibility of range personnel to enforce range discipline. It is the duty and responsibility of all persons on the range to assist in this process.
a. Actions open - Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will careless handling be permitted.
b. Rifles unloaded - No rifle will be loaded until shooters are in position with the rifles pointed down range and the command load or ready has been given.
c. Cease firing - All rifles must be immediately unloaded, magazines (if present) removed and the rifles made safe with the actions open on the command to cease firing. Actions will remain open until the range officer gives the command to load or the ready command.
d. Not ready - Any competitor who is not ready to fire at the query is the line ready? must respond immediately by stating not ready and their firing point number"

"18. SHOOTER AND COACH RESPONSIBILITY
18.0 Safety - Shooters and coaches are responsible for understanding and practicing the rules of safe firearms handling. The highest standards of safety are to be followed at all times.
18.0.1 Behavior and sportsmanship - The spirit of 4-H sportsmanship and appropriate behavior is expected of all participants in the 4-H shooting sports program.
18.2 Knowledge of procedures and rules - Shooters and coaches will make an effort to understand the procedures 18 used in each event and comply with the rules and standards of the events. Questions are encouraged to clarify any areas of misunderstanding or ignorance. Ignorance of the rules in any event does not obviate their existence.

Shooters are responsible for knowing the rules of their event and staying within them. Learning the rules of the events is part of the educational process for shooting sports participants."

Apparently, they have not been abiding by the general safety rules outlined in the state rifle rules...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The've been bugging me to go since the "Great Berm Fire of '05"

LOL Ralph was telling me about that this afternoon!

He also mentioned that you guys had had an interesting morning today!  Wish I had known about the excitement!  We're practically in walking distance from the range!  (Although I'd hate to try to tote all my stuff!)

I just got home, was there from 2 until almost 7.  Can't wait to go play some more tomorrow morning!

ETA:  I caught brass in the cleavage and blistered.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got home, was there from 2 until almost 7.  Can't wait to go play some more tomorrow morning!

heh.  I was so freaking embarrassed... Ralph was uber cool about it though!  

I'm in Indiana... I didn't get to go harrass the 4H kids.  Maybe next time?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Nationwide, I'm surprised anything embarasses you...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nationwide, I'm surprised anything embarasses you...

That hurts, dude.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't want to harass the kids, but I'm sure up for harassing the bitch that was with them!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like we need to plan a large shoot during their range time. Maybe we could give the kids something to remember, spread our disease so to speak. I'm sure that they'd love Tannerite.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sounds like we need to plan a large shoot during their range time. Maybe we could give the kids something to remember, spread our disease so to speak. I'm sure that they'd love Tannerite.

I'm sure I'd love Tannerite, but nobody has let me play with any yet...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Did someone say Tannerite???

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys need to stop teasing me with the T-word!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have a case of it sitting on the shelf in my closet at home...

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a case of it sitting on the shelf in my closet at home...

Hmmmm... that means I'm closer to it than YOU are...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He also mentioned that you guys had had an interesting morning today!  Wish I had known about the excitement!  We're practically in walking distance from the range!  (Although I'd hate to try to tote all my stuff!)

ETA:  I caught brass in the cleavage and blistered.

You know, as I was leaving for the range, I had my personal audio recorder (96 hours record, and 30 hours battery life) IN MY HAND!  I thought I should take it, and now I wish I did instead of putting it away!  I would have loved to have all the quotations, conversation, and liberal ass logic recorded for our listening pleasure.
It was fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

[rant]
We were going to plan a huge gathering this time around, but procrastination kicked in.....and besides, we did not know if anyone would have been interested in screwing with the 4H Bitch & Crew (sans kids).

The kids actually understood.  The parents were fucking stupid:
1. no hearing protection on a live firing range
2. they would walk out to setup their targets during LIVE FIRE and never call for cease fire
3. the were liberals - DUh

another funny part - Andy, the calm guy with NO logical thinking - "there are over 25 of us and only two of you, so we have control of the range - so you two go away"  (meanwhile energizer and I were thinking - "We have 30 round mags...."  )

They did not have earplugs the first time we met them a month ago, so we stood down and took it easy.  This time they had no excuse!  Even when Ralph GAVE them a ton of earplugs, they still complained about the power and loudness of the guns.  The bitch said, "These guns and the concussion they make, are offensive to women and children."   OMFG!

And they kept saying that if they give a little (like accept the Hot/Cold Range command and ear protection) then we should give a little -WTF?  How about it is fucking simple common sense range rules!  Geez - those liberals had absolutely no gun safety at all, period.  Handling guns during cease fire, not calling cease fire and going to the targets, idiots - goddamn idiots.

[/rant]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#23]
CnL doesn't usually make plans for a morning before work, but I told him about this, and he is all ready to go the next time!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hmmm. maybe y'all are going about this the wrong way.

I wasn't there and all, but it appears to me that y'all missed a golden opportunity to teach about 25 kids the proper way to act at a range....and the true meaning of the Second Amendment.

Explain to them the differences between 'cold' and 'hot' in a manner in which they can appreciate it.

Explain gun range etiquette to them.

Let them fire your evil, nasty weapons....

And, maybe, just maybe, there will still be black rifles in America when they grow up.

The liberal 'bitch' will likely never learn...but who knows?

As I say, I wasn't there....but IF you're going to impress 25 kids, let it be in a positive, rather than a negative, way.

Right?

Eric The(OldFogey)Hun

Very well said, ETH.  I've taken many of Charlies (My 15 year old, for those that don't know) non-shooting friends to the range, with their parents permission of course, and every single one of them enjoyed the heck out of it.  

We start with gun safety and range rules and etiquette.  Then we'll dry fire the rifles going through all the motions so that they feel comfortable with the firearm.  We'll fire the .22 bolt action for awhile, then move on to 5.56 and the EBRs if they feel like they are ready to.

It's important to start the next generation out correctly.  A lot of times all kids know about guns is what they see in movies or video games.  

TC
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hmmm. maybe y'all are going about this the wrong way.

I wasn't there and all, but it appears to me that y'all missed a golden opportunity to teach about 25 kids the proper way to act at a range....and the true meaning of the Second Amendment.

Explain to them the differences between 'cold' and 'hot' in a manner in which they can appreciate it.

Explain gun range etiquette to them.

Let them fire your evil, nasty weapons....

And, maybe, just maybe, there will still be black rifles in America when they grow up.

The liberal 'bitch' will likely never learn...but who knows?

As I say, I wasn't there....but IF you're going to impress 25 kids, let it be in a positive, rather than a negative, way.

Right?

Eric The(OldFogey)Hun

Actually, it was several parents that started harrassing us before the children even showed up-- they were the ones beign VERY confrontational. They seem to not understand, that even according to the 4H shooting guidelines, that propper range safety MUST be applied.

What started this, is one of the parents decided to start SETTING UP TARGETS down range WHILE WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF FIRING. They didn't seem to really care after we hollared (sp?) at them that the range is/was HOT!

Finally they came over to us, and that lady finally appeared. She was complaining that the women and children who were observing the "shoot" didn't have any hearing protection... and they were telling us we had to leave and go to a range closer to our home. [NOTE: The last time we saw them, at their request we stopped shooting while they finished up, and this time they were forewarned about bringing hearing protection. We spoke with the owner on the 3rd regarding the 1st incident, and he said we are welcome to shoot there and to ignore them.] This time, she had three guys trying to force us to stop shooting and wasting our time in the hot sun... they kept arguing with us and telling us we had to leave, til finally they went to get the owner to tell us to leave, to which he did not... as we already knew.

While they went to get the owner, another guy came up and started yelling at us and being confrontational. We were just sitting there loading magazines waiting for the owner... He tried to say there were 25 of them, and only 2 of us, so we have to leave! Talk about un-sportsman-like behavior...

Anyway, while we talked with the owner, the kids were arriving and they were about to start their shoot, and we offered to let them shoot our firearms. They flat out refused to let the children come near them. The lady then lied a little bit and started twisting our words around to make it sound like we were being sexist. She bitched and bitched about hearing protection, and how she told us the last time.... blah blah blah... and how one lady has 9 children and cannot afford hearing protection or something like that... SO???? ITS A RANGE THEY ARE USING FOR FREE! Anyway, the owner offered hearing protection for all of them, free of charge [they never paid for range time either, they get to use it free]. So, problem solved, right? NOPE. Well, hearing protection wasn't enough... Now something else is wrong... She repeatedly stated that our guns were EVIL and the concussions, which hurt, were offensive to women and children...

The owner said that he wants us to stay, would like the kids to be exposed to all sorts of weapons, including these, and he wanted them to see what these can do...

We also insisted we appoint one of them as rangemaster and practice range safety.

They wanted us to leave ASAP, and we said we aren't leaving til we have shot up all/most our ammo... which we guessed would be at least another hour... which it was.

While we were shooting, a couple of the kids, like last time, were enjoying watching us shoot... one of them kept complimenting how great we were shooting.

Also note, that the lady would call the range COLD, say to lock open your bolts, etc. but never really enforced it... also, guns WERE HANDLED BY THEM while the range was COLD!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Ahh, I would have loved to have seen that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Very well said, ETH.  I've taken many of Charlies (My 15 year old, for those that don't know) non-shooting friends to the range, with their parents permission of course, and every single one of them enjoyed the heck out of it.  

We start with gun safety and range rules and etiquette.  Then we'll dry fire the rifles going through all the motions so that they feel comfortable with the firearm.  We'll fire the .22 bolt action for awhile, then move on to 5.56 and the EBRs if they feel like they are ready to.

It's important to start the next generation out correctly.  A lot of times all kids know about guns is what they see in movies or video games.  

TC

Does the SKS trap shooting come before OR after the tannerite???
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Does the SKS trap shooting come before OR after the tannerite???

SKS trap shooting is after the Tannerite.  That's for advanced students only.  
That was a hell of a shot!   The boy made me proud that day.  More than once.
Thanks for making it all possible ETH!
TC

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I say we teach these fine young 4-H'ers how to bumpfire...

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I say we teach these fine young 4-H'ers how to bumpfire...

Bumpfire at multiple tannerite targets???
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Somebody cough up a beltfed, it's for the kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top