Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Never dis-armed by a REAL Police Officer but have been by a glorified court clerk security guard Constable  They were running radar? (no typo....yes radar) on the highway one weekend

Constables ARE real police officers!  Our Constables in Smith Co. do the same duties as our Deputy Sheriffs and Police Officers.  The Constables here run radar and have drug interdiction units/K-9 units.  There is alot of misconception about Constables!  Under CCP they are full police officers even though their primary duties are to provide baliff services for JP courts and serve civil process.  I use to work for Constable's office prior to working for Sheriff's office.  I wrote a guy a ticket one night, I think for disorderly conduct (can't remember)...he said "You can't write me a ticket, Constables can't write tickets"....first off, you have to be a complete @$$ Hole for me to write you,  I advised him to tell the Judge that I couldn't write him a ticket when he saw him at his office and walked off!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
BIG +1 Allison.  

I too was a deputy constable for a couple of years and I got that alot.  "...you can't do such and such.  your only a constable".  LOL....  My typical response was "...if you keep this up you'll find out just how quick I can take you to jail and I will not hestitate to do so".  That usually got their attention.  I usually followed it up with "...my commission is no different than the DPS, Sheriff or Police departments.  We all take the same state exam and we all have the same responsibilities.  The only difference is in our missions".

My hat is off to all the LEO's in the great state of texas!

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
YEP
GOT IT BACK THOUGH
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
SmallChange wrote:

I've been pulled over 5 or 6 times since I got my CHL. I was only disarmed once, on a rurul FM by a DPS trainee. He had me step out, and he pulled my .45 from the holster, unloaded it, and put it on the back seat. The veteran officer then called him back to the cruiser and they had a quiet chat. When he came back, the young officer apologized for taking the gun. I felt sorry for him and blew it off.

My buddy (also carrying) just chilled in the passenger seat. They didn't bother him. They wrote a warning and sent us along.

Oh come on, please......tell the whole story

Not only did you and I both have our 1911's we had a truck bed full of what 6 AR's, 2 scoped long rifles, pistols and I don't remember what else, mags shooting boxes, etc.  This was like the weekend after the ban went away.  If that trainee trooper had popped your cover on the bed he would have shit himself .

Now that would have been interesting.

D
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top