Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 1:22:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the event staff need to make reservations ?
Or has this been taken care of for us ?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone want to split a room? ILL?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why, but I never made the connection between the Crawford and Waco.  I'll go ahead and pit the room on the credit card.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What?  

The Event Staff has reserved a block of rooms at a hotel to be used to house vendors and Staffers, BUT, this is only a 'block' reservation, meaning that the rooms are to be paid for ( and reserved ) by the individual staffers, and vendors, etc.

The 'block' is only being held to allow us to room next to each other, instead of being spread over the entire hotel.

TRG

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Is there any RV parks in the area? I will be taking my trailer to hide in, would like a place close by... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  

The Event Staff has reserved a block of rooms at a hotel to be used to house vendors and Staffers, BUT, this is only a 'block' reservation, meaning that the rooms are to be paid for ( and reserved ) by the individual staffers, and vendors, etc.

The 'block' is only being held to allow us to room next to each other, instead of being spread over the entire hotel.

TRG

Are the volunteers, i.e. the DFW crew, considered staff at this event? if so, can you IM us how to reserve our hotel rooms within the "reserved staff block" at the main hotel?

Thanks. -EB.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  

TRG

What do you mean "What"?

I know we are paying for our rooms.
I want to make sure we are at the same hotel.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  

TRG

Are the volunteers, i.e. the DFW crew, considered staff at this event? if so, can you IM us how to reserve our hotel rooms within the "reserved staff block" at the main hotel?

Thanks. -EB.

Yeah, I'd like to know what I should do as well.  My buddy and I are coming down on Wed and we're going to be 2 of the 8 drivers.  Where should we stay?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks LT. You know, I hear trailer park girls are prety easy...... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Got his IM from Mona,
So I will wait until I hear from her and make
my reservations so we will be at the same hotel.

let them know that I am still reserving rooms and to not make reservations till they get the stats info about the hotels.

Mona

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I called the Hilton this weekend and got the "Gunstock Rate". The reservation guy was pretty ammused, he must have had the 3 days of peace and love flyer. Anyway, the Hilton was first on the list so I figure it's ok, and they all seem about the same distance from the range. I'm bringing lots of stuff, so I feel a little safer being in a Hotel rather than a Motel because of the usual layout. I'd like to be in a non-floor level room for obvious reasons. Hell, if I could I'd through a safe in the truck!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thanks. -EB.

I'd like to know about that one too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Someone let us know if the volunteers get rooms out of the reserved "block", and when we should go ahead and book.  I'd hate to not have a hotel room if the "Crawford Scenario" happens!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is there any RV parks in the area? I will be taking my trailer to hide in, would like a place close by... fullclip

Hey Cletus: Let me know where you deside to go and maybe we can be neighbors.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Honestly,

I do not know if the volunteers are considered 'Staff.'

Once we hear from the 'real' decision makers, we will let you guys know.

My advice...Call the Hilton and reserve a room at the 'Gunstock Rate'.  Better safe than sorry.

Once some of the finer points of 'Staff or Volunteer' is worked out, we will let you guys know your 'status.'

The original intent of the 'block of rooms' was to allow Staff and Vendors to be roomed near each other so that impromptu meetings, planning etc. could be easily arranged.

Reserve a room.  Ask for the Gunstock rate.

Hell, if the 70 rooms are taken up, I am sure the Hilton, or it's neighbors will be happy to add to the block.

The more the merrier.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Can I camp at the range?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#20]
How much room is ther at the range? Just wondering if we'll have to take turns shooting, then again I plan on doing lot's of BSing. Nevermind!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Can I camp at the range?

No.

We have not made any arrangements for camping/overnighting at the range.

If this status changes, I am certain there will be an announcement.  At this time, camping is not allowed at the site.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone let us know if the volunteers get rooms out of the reserved "block", and when we should go ahead and book.  I'd hate to not have a hotel room if the "Crawford Scenario" happens!

As I understand it, and I still have to confirm with ETH on this one.

There is a block of room being reserved @ the Hilton for Vendors and Event Staff(Meaning people actually organizing the event)

At this point we do not know if we have ample room as we do not know how many vendors there are exactly. We would likely not know that until Sept.

The overflow rooms are suppose to be at the Clarion. If we get the vendors that we we are hoping to get and the Hilton runs out of rooms for us. The volunteers and some of the vendors may be housed there.

You summed it up pretty well.

Event Staff and Vendors are to be at the Hilton, overflow of event staff and vendors are to be at the Clarion.

The rooms are technically a 'block.'  However, this does NOT mean that the rooms have been paid for, reserved, etc.

Non-Event Staff (regular attendees) are not prohibited from reserving a room at the Hilton or the Clarion, but they should NOT request a room within the block of Gunstock rooms.

They CAN however ask for the Gunstock rate and be assigned a room outside of the 'block.'

TRG

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top