Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 2:14:40 AM EDT
Since the farm shoot was canceled, it looks like we won't have another chance to go before I get married next weekend. So, I'm planning on going to the range to burn up some of the ammo that I bought. Anyone else interested?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you were broke...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I have $7.00. I figure I can get 6 from Paige, since she wants to go too. That way, it comes out costing me about the same as gassing up my car to get to the farm and back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
So once you pay for gas to get to CCGR, what about range fees for you & her (or at least you). Do you already have ammo, or are you shooting a .22LR?? hehe...

what time you going? I wish I could go, but I have lots of work to do.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So once you pay for gas to get to CCGR, what about range fees for you & her (or at least you). Do you already have ammo, or are you shooting a .22LR?? hehe...

what time you going? I wish I could go, but I have lots of work to do.

She buys the gas if she's with me, because she's the only one that drives the car 90% of the time. So, since she'll be with me, that shouldn't be a problem. I intend to use my $7 to pay for the range fee, and depend on her benevolence to help me out with the rest of it (She's such a nice girl ). And, yes, as a matter of fact I am shooting a .22LR! I have about 280 of 5.56, and about 170 of .40 S&W, so I figure I'll shoot some of that, too.

I don't know what time we're going, yet. I was going to wait and see if anyone else wanted to go and see what their schedule was. Do you work all day?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, I work all day today...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry dude, I gots some running around for Gunstock today. That and I hate CCGR. Its cramped. That damn awning bugs me. Have to crouch down. Can't shoot standing up in the rifle range. I'd rather drive the extra 20mins and go to Mesquite.

I sent you an IM. What's in Mesquite? CCGR is the only place that I've called that allows FMJ on the rifle range.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you talking Friday or Saturday?  Today is already shot unless you are going late.  I have no idea where either one of these ranges are.

Johnphin, you have my number on your caller ID, don't you.  Call me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to Gibson.s Outpost on Lawson Rd, You can shoot anything you want, and full-auto if you so desire.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I reckon that I should update this. I'm back from the range now. I did end up going to Gibson's, after the recommendation from lordtrader. The first guy to talk to us was quite rude, but after that it was a lot of fun. The other guy that worked at the range was quite friendly. That was my first time to shoot out to 100 yards. I was able to keep most of them on the paper with iron sights. I reckon that I'm not too good, but hopefully I will get there with practice. For learning to get good at shooting, should I get a flattop receiver for the AR and a good scope, or should I keep practicing with the open sights? How tight of a group can I realisticly get with open sights at 100 yards? I imagine I'll have to practice quite a bit with the open sights for now, no matter what you guys say. I'm much too poor to be switching receivers and buying scopes.

Also, I fired a .30-06 for the first time. It was my minister's hunting rifle that he let me borrow. It hurt, but I think that I could get used to it. (I want a .308 though)
The guy a couple of lanes down from me was shooting some sort of a bolt gun with a bipod and scope. He said that he put about $1,500 into it. It looked like his groups were right around 1". NEAT!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You should be able to keep all your round within the black area of a 100yrd target with open sights.

The military will shoot and qualify with open sights out to 300meters. Out that far you should be able to hit the torso of a man size target.

What position are they in when they do this? I was using the bench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top