Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2012 4:58:12 PM EDT
I live in DE I'm unaware of any laws that need to be followed. What exactly needs to happen to transfer the firearms to a NJ resident. Specificly AR's and AK's. Both of the semi auto variety.

<edit: system - you can ask for advice on the legalities of selling in NJ, but you can't advertise here>
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I live in DE I'm unaware of any laws that need to be followed. What exactly needs to happen to transfer the firearms to a NJ resident. Specificly AR's and AK's. Both of the semi auto variety.

Two options:

1.  Find an FFL in NJ willing to accept a shipment from you, personally.  Ship the rifles to him (or deliver in person), and he will complete the transfer to an NJ resident.
2.  Find an FFL in your state who will sell to an NJ resident.  Meet your prospective buyer at your FFL, and complete the transfer there.

Either way, the rifles will need to be NJ-compliant.  That means, neither is an AK-47 or a Colt AR-15 or CAR-15.  Neither contains either a collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a flash suppressor, or a threaded barrel.  Any muzzle brake or compensator must be permanently attached.  No magazines over 15 rounds.

Either FFL will also know these laws, and won't allow you to transfer a firearm that is illegal in NJ.  Sometimes, they won't let you transfer a legal rifle that they think is illegal, either.  Talk with them first.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Are AK74's and 47's seen differently by NJ or are they seen as the same thing?  Also is it specificly COLT AR15's or any manufacturer AR15's that arent allowed?

Thanks again.  

And to clarify I am not looking advertise here.  I have some buyers interested but I wasn't sure of laws.  Probably could have worded the title differently.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Are AK74's and 47's seen differently by NJ or are they seen as the same thing?  Also is it specificly COLT AR15's or any manufacturer AR15's that arent allowed?

Thanks again.  

And to clarify I am not looking advertise here.  I have some buyers interested but I wasn't sure of laws.  Probably could have worded the title differently.

Any AKM, AK-47, or AK-74 clone is ok as long it is "compliant" with the features restrictions. Same with AR's, any are ok provided they are compliant with evil features restrictions. Even newer Colts like the 6920 are OK since they are not technically AR-15's (receivers are marked "Law Enforcement Carbine" or "M4 Carbine" on the new ones). The original Colt AR-15 series are the only AR models that are completely prohibited.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top