Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2013 6:19:33 PM EDT
Tug lost it's barges. Last I heard, the river pilot says nothing hit, but emergency personnel believe different obviously.

eta
30 is reopen
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
All reopened.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All reopened.
View Quote

The first thing I did when I read your post was to log onto my work system to check for outages. We have some of major fiber routes on all three bridges!

I was sweating bullets thinking life was going to get worse that it already is at work!  I knew all was good a few mins after logging in no alarms in any of my equipment on those routes!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The first thing I did when I read your post was to log onto my work system to check for outages. We have some of major fiber routes on all three bridges!

I was sweating bullets thinking life was going to get worse that it already is at work!  I knew all was good a few mins after logging in no alarms in any of my equipment on those routes!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All reopened.

I think that would qualify as an "aww shit" moment...VZW would be lighting us up within minutes of it happening.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think that would qualify as an "aww shit" moment...VZW would be lighting us up within minutes of it happening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All reopened.

Yes sir! I think what I said when read that was "Shiiiiiiiiiiit!" The whole time I was tying to get my VPN up!

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting, given where I work, I heard nothing of this.

Correction, I vaguely recall seeing a TNOC ONS for LTRK. Usually if its transport, nothing I can do anyways.

Actually, nevermind. Post was from 10pm. Thought it said am. My bad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I heard....

Broadway will be torn down and rebuilt.

I30 will be getting a second bridge.

That's about all I could gather...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top