Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:00:33 PM EDT
I got a new barrel that is threaded 1/2 x 28(normal threads) but looks like it might be slightly off.  I can't get any 1/2 x 28 threaded flash hiders to screw on easily.  It's a new CMMG .22 barrel.   So does anyone locally have the appropriate die I could borrow for like 30 seconds?  I want to run it across the threads and either check the threads or even machine it down slightly to within spec.  Comparing it to another threaded barrel they look very close but something must be off.

I can find 1/2 x 20 dies but the 28 tpi is a little odd it seems.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one, but plan on getting this one... Thought a link might help.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41592/Product/AR-15-M16-FLASH-SUPPRESSOR-DIE
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What's local?  I'm down in Nashville.  If no one has one close, holler and I'll mail it to you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have one, but plan on getting this one... Thought a link might help.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41592/Product/AR-15-M16-FLASH-SUPPRESSOR-DIE

Yep already looked at that very one but.....I need one NOW!  lol  Actually there's no real hurry.  I can't assemble it yet as I'm still waiting for one piece to arrive.

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 1 you can use in springdale
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one in NLR
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got one in NLR

PM sent

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top