Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you guys lucked out and will have some good weather to play in...minus the 15mph wind
I'm still stuck down at my cousins graduation tomorrow so ill have to catch up with all you next time around.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The invasion starts tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll be here

nice to know the local smartass is here

LOL,  no, no,  I'm just fillin' in for Specop 007  

I do what I can.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Well folks, the pre-Mothers Day shoot was a blast! Again we had a few new people show up, as well as dragging some of the Missouri Defensive Carbine Club into the mix. A lot of fun was had by all. I want to compliment everybody on the level of safety that was maintained at this shoot. everyone was looking out for each other and that ended up making the shoot smooth and unconflicting.

The competitions seemed to be improving time-wise. Especially in the pistol area. I am really glad to see that. It's always a positive thing to see your times improve, as well as your skills. Remember folks, the plate competitions all include mandatory magazine changes, so that type of proficiency is included in these improved times. GOOD JOB!This shoot we had a few more free shoots than normal, but they turned out to be real fun.

AND, with-out further ado:

8 plate rifle competition: Shoot 8 steel plates offhand,drop to your knee and shoot 8 more to stop the clock.

Specop007-Bushmaster A3-   1:13.53,1:09.65     we have a weiner!!!
Coopmandu-M-14-               4:28.44   OOA     must be the aimpoint
rsteinb-CETME-                    1:34.22
sapper85-CMMG AR-             1:32.06
Eric03Cobra-AR-                   1:50.96
Kevin-C1A1 FAL-                   5:27.85,1:30.50    good improvement
METALMAN-  IMBEL FAL          1:27.69
Andrei-CETME-                     4:40.25

11 drop plate pistol competition  

Specop007-44mag&CZ52-          42.84,SIG226 29.38    nice finish w/the 44 mag Harry
Coopmandu-Springfield XD45-      27.37,46.12            
rsteinb-SIG226-                        31.03,28.00            
sapper85- XD45-                       26.57,46.19<---+10 on this time for 'collateral damage' caused by the grenade          
Eric03Cobra- Glock22-                20.44,21.97     the masta              
Kevin- SIG SAUR PT2O -             39.18,36.31        
METALMAN- XD45-                    47.27,32.47   HEY, I actually shot a pistol well!                      
Andrei-Glock22-                        1:09.07    
Brad-1911-                              1:09.69    OOA
Slofire,Don-SW K15-                   40.17  OOA,53.81   nice wheel gun time!    

Killer times!Killer fun folks, I had a great time and I hope all of you did as well!Those of you with pix please post them in this thread, if you want to open threads in other forums GREAT, but we'd like to have all the shoot pix here first, our web guru will get them permanently logged into our website for all to see.      

Thanks again.....METALMAN out!  

Link Posted: 5/14/2006 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Also wanted to chime in and give a big thank you to the Missouri crew for coming out.  Had a great time guys.  

We'll get the date set for our next shoot sometime this week.  And hopefully will have our course of fire ironed out also............

Metalman,  I don't think the problems with the aimpoint on the M1A

Thanks again everyone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also wanted to chime in and give a big thank you to the Missouri crew for coming out.  Had a great time guys.  

We'll get the date set for our next shoot sometime this week.  And hopefully will have our course of fire ironed out also............

Metalman,  I don't think the problems with the aimpoint on the M1A

Thanks again everyone.

Ahh, you dont have to thank us, we should thank you guys, we all had a blast while we were there. just wish we hadnt had to take off when we did, course we did leve about 2 hours AFTER Rob told his SO we would be leaving I will be posting the pics i took while there as soon as i get them uploaded on photobucket.
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like you guys had a great  time.  Sorry I missed it.   I'll have to try and make it up there the next time the MODCC crew decides to road trip.

BTW Marshall, you're gonna have to build a bigger berm if I do.  Link  To steal your line, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA  
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
rassin-frassin-satta-fratta-sassin-dammit-dammit-dammit

y'know...I've never fired one of those, seriously, I think I'm gonna cry
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
You know you're welcome down here anytime to give it a whirl, and bring your KS buddies with you.  

I think I'm going to make the June 17 shoot at CMMG, maybe you guys can make it down for a little inspiration.  Either that or we can pick sometime to head down to beltfedMGs place too.

Later
Justin
Link Posted: 5/16/2006 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know you're welcome down here anytime to give it a whirl, and bring your KS buddies with you.  

I think I'm going to make the June 17 shoot at CMMG, maybe you guys can make it down for a little inspiration.  Either that or we can pick sometime to head down to beltfedMGs place too.

Later
Justin

You know...I have the friday and monday of the 17th off and yesterday just had a change of plans and wont be able to keep my original engagement....Hmmm...What to do that weekend....what to do.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2006 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
damn i wish i could have made it
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be in the Carribean in mid June, so unless Coopmandu and Specops want to run the shoot, it looks like I will be thinking about the next shoot happening in July.
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll be in the Carribean in mid June, so unless Coopmandu and Specops want to run the shoot, it looks like I will be thinking about the next shoot happening in July.

St. Croix.....One thumb down
St. Thomas....Thumbs up
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed the shootzenfest. I was in the rear with the gear.  

Hopefully next time!

T
Link Posted: 5/20/2006 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump for the new date guys.  Were gonna take a month for Metalmans Carribean vacation And for ammo resupply
Link Posted: 5/20/2006 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed the shootzenfest. I was in the rear with the gear.  

Hopefully next time!

T

I think you were AWOL. I checked the rear for some grilled steer and beer........
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump for new date
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bump for new date

WOOHOO!

I'll update the website, also we need to really find some participants for getting a carbine course here.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
is SKS considered a carbine too?
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
is SKS considered a carbine too?

I would think any semi auto rifle would work, if your referring to the possible class. Best to post in that thread and ask though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#21]
One month after that date I'll be legal to drive again and can join in whatever fun is planned, but now that I'm getting close I'd rather not risk it!  Hope to finally meet you guys after Aug. 22!

Ted
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
One month after that date I'll be legal to drive again and can join in whatever fun is planned, but now that I'm getting close I'd rather not risk it!  Hope to finally meet you guys after Aug. 22!

Ted

Good to hear man.  Hope to see you then.
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Coop and Metalman, I wanted to let you know that you can plan on three more target stands next weekend that are compatable with the IDPA targets.  We left them after our qualification course today.
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Small update guys:  Looks like we'll have a total of 10 target stands and 3 shooting barracades for the COF next Saturday.  Metalman, yours truly and Specop worked our arses off today to get most of 'em done.  

The barracades at each shooting station will consist of a window or door to shoot through with limited field of fire.  Were gonna go with this set-up because of the small area that we have to work with.  All in all it should be a blast!

Quoted:
Hey Coop and Metalman, I wanted to let you know that you can plan on three more target stands next weekend that are compatable with the IDPA targets.  We left them after our qualification course today.

Thanks Robert!  Hope to see you out there man.
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
i hope to be there next weekend. If i can come, i will have my new wife in tow, she has expressed some interest in shooting also.

of course this is all work/money dependant. Work has gone nuts with prepping for deployment. We did mounted gunnery all this week, which ment 18 to 20 hour days for me.

im sure fun will be had either way.
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
i hope to be there next weekend. If i can come, i will have my new wife in tow, she has expressed some interest in shooting also.

of course this is all work/money dependant. Work has gone nuts with prepping for deployment. We did mounted gunnery all this week, which ment 18 to 20 hour days for me.

im sure fun will be had either way.

Hope you can make it man.  You missed one shoot and you went out and got married!!!

Seriously though,  congrats
Link Posted: 7/16/2006 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll try to make it with the gf again, maybe this time she will get out and take part. Now I only need to decide on what new toy to buy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I planning on coming and hopefully bring two more people with me
Link Posted: 7/17/2006 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I wanted to add something here.  This is Kansas in the middle of July, in addition to eye and ear protection, hydration should also be mandatory.  Please bring some water, Gatorade or something similar with you, as nothing is available on site.  Remember, soda does not count.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like the weathers gonna cooperate for us tomorrow.  Looks like it'll be in the lower 80's.   But,  as Robert said above everyone should bring plenty of water or gatorade.

We'll start the shoot at the usual time: 12 to 1230.  If anyone wants to show up earlier and browse the store or sight in their weapons feel free too.

Lookin' forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.  Be safe and happy shooting!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]
We had another great shoot this weekend and I'd like to thank everyone that showed up and participated!

We ran our first course of fire and I think think it went extremely well. Pics are posted on the KDSC website,  just go here

And finally here's the results for the official KDSC peek-a-shoot!!!

Round 1

Metalman (Bushmaster Car)    00:45.60        (awesome run dude!)
Lonnie      (Glock 19)              01:15.81
John         (Kimber 1911)        01:57.81
Brett         (Beretta 92)           01:59.97
Richard     (CZ 97)                  02:05.19
Larry         (Beretta 92)           02:11.28
Bryan        (Rossi .357)           02:13.19
Specop007 (Bushmaster Car)   02:19.71
Justin        (Glock 21)              02:30.78
Coopmandu(XD .45                 02:46.15
Robert M.   (Colt 1911)            02:55.60
Ivan          (Glock 22)              02:55.87
Robert       (Glock 33)              02:57.25
Albert         (1911)                   03:15.09
Andre         (SW .500)              05:19.84
Todd          (CZ 75)                  05:27.25

Round 2

Lonny        (CMMG/Colt AR)       00:56.84
John          (AR-15)                  01:03.75
Specop       (Bushmaster)          01:06.34  
Metalman   (FAL)                      01:20.29
Justin         (Colt XM-177)          02:11.40
Richard       (M-1 carbine)          02:25.78
Brett           (Beretta 92)            02:28.78
Brad            (Beretta 92)            02:50.72
Coopmandu (DPMS .308)           03:16.53  
Ivan            (SKS)                     03:18.21

The overall winner of the COF was our very own Metalman!!!

The winner of the event was presented with a free concealed carry class by DVC Training.  You can check out their website here

Well again, thanks to all that showed up and have a good weekend.

Link Posted: 7/23/2006 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#32]
sorry i missed it guys, im really not trying to miss these on purpose, lol.

it was a double tap this time, couldnt afford it (step daughter got some late b-day presents) and we just got a new apartment.

and i had an alarm call at 2 am saturday, so i was out untill damn near noon.

whens the shoot for august scheduled?  im schedulded to go to sgt's school from this tuesday untill the middle of aug, so hopfully its the 3rd or 4th weekend.

speaking of being poor anyone wanna buy my rock river m4? seriously.

hope to catch u guys next month.
Link Posted: 7/23/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
speaking of being poor anyone wanna buy my rock river m4? seriously.

hope to catch u guys next month.

Does it come with a free jam-removing stick?

You have an EOThingie on that dont you?
Link Posted: 7/23/2006 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#34]
yall aint never seen my rock river, the one that had the problem ripping the rims off the wolf was a lar.

and fyi its an oko, and it just got bumped by my new aimpoint (wich is a story unto itself not for telling in so public of a forum)

the rock river has never had a prollem, its just not a good bumper so i usually leave it in the safe. Only reason i even still have it is that it was the first build i ever did for myself.

has it been decided when next months shoot will be yet? my wife said im going come hell or high water because she feels bad that i missed this one.

and gotta keep in mind i am out of here in october.
Link Posted: 7/23/2006 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#35]
That was more fun than putting squirrels in your pants! Seriously, I know everyone had a great time and the wheather was near perfect for KS in late July. Also a big thanks to the guys who put in all the work building those barricades and designing the COF.
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#36]
LOOKS LIKE A HECK OF A TIME....
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That was more fun than putting squirrels in your pants! Seriously, I know everyone had a great time and the wheather was near perfect for KS in late July. Also a big thanks to the guys who put in all the work building those barricades and designing the COF.

Glad you were able to make it down this time!!!     But for the next shoot I want to see a stainless Mini, FOO!
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#38]
OK guys and gals, since the last few storms our rental has lost all internet connections. Luckily I am closing on 40 acres and a 4 bdrm on the 8th of August. Unluckily for some, possibly, is all that I have just mentioned.

I may be a bit out of connection both physically and , internetically?, for a while. As far as the shoots go. I'll get with Coop and figger the next one.

I gotta say, the last shoot was a freakin hoot!
Being that we had  such a 'focused' shoot.

Again, I have to step back and thank Joe and the FIREARMS  gunshop for allowing us to be there, and do what we do.

I also want to formally thank John for being there ahead of time and giving input to the whole setup of the COF, and all his LE safety input.

I hope that all had a great time. I know I did!
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh BTW thats a Bushy A3 with an ACE skeleton stock, not one of those 'catchy' CARs!
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh and KUDOS to Coopmandu and Specop007 for helping build and supply a ton  of the materials used by , YOU, the KDSC member!
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Well guys I need to update everyone about whats going on for the next shoot............

As we all know Metalmans still finishing up the big move to his new property so we haven't been able to get a firm date for the next shoot.  Were gonna try for the middle of September if everything goes right.

Also as has been stated in earlier posts the location that we have been shooting at is temporary for the KDSC and our permanent home will be at Metalman's place.

We were able to scout the property the weekend before last and were still deciding on one of two spots to put the range.  After that's worked out we've got a three sided burm to build as to allow a more sweeping course of fire.  

So everyone please be patient and we'll be up and runnin' as soon as possible.

Thanks

COOP

Link Posted: 9/10/2006 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#42]
We'll be having our next KDSC shoot on the 23rd of this month.......... Hope to see everyone out there!

We've got a bowling pin event planned and Metalman will be bringing the steel plates as in our previous shoots.

Sorry we won't be having a COF as we had at our last shoot.  I know everyone and myself had a blast.  Logistics are a little bit of a problem so we'll plan on another COF in October.

Have a good rest of the weekend and hope to see everyone Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#43]
yall have fun, im not gonna be able to make it. the wife has planed my pre deployment party for that afternoon, sorry.

hope to catch you guys when i get back from iraq.

Link Posted: 9/11/2006 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
yall have fun, im not gonna be able to make it. the wife has planed my pre deployment party for that afternoon, sorry.

hope to catch you guys when i get back from iraq.

Be safe over there man.  And we'll definately hold a spot for you 'till you get back
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Well I hope everyone had a great time Saturday........... I know I did  I want to thank Specop for supplying the twenty bowling pins for the shoot.  Those were alot of fun and took more punishment than I thought they would............. except maybe from Andrei's .500 S&W

I'll get the shoot results posted asap.  And I hope to see everyone at the next shoot in October.

Coop

P.S.  Spectre........... we all want to see your 7.5 kitty kat at the next shoot O.K.!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#46]
It's all about the benjamins man. Hopefully I can get it all done by then though. Even though it has been a fine little rifle, I think it's time to find a new home for the mini.
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/9/2006 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Fellas...ARCAPTN checking in.  I'm active duty USMC and will be back in Kansas (Eastern) for a week of leave/vacation in early January.  Please schedule a shoot around then as I would love to take part in the outings you have.  Looks like a great time.

I have ALOT of toys and black weapons to contribute.

Thanks,

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 11/9/2006 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top