Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/9/2011 10:13:42 PM EDT
I thought the Daily News-Liar said he skipped out on a scheduled court appearance weeks ago and a warrant was issued for his arrest, but haven't heard a peep since although I could have missed it.  I figured they would have had daily updates on the search on page one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No doubt.  He's stirred up all kinds of shit and now he will reap the whirlwind.  I've heard the ATF and FBI are actively trying to nail his ass to the wall.   That's got to suck, but it reminds me of the inspirational poster:

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for kicking this  thread off.  I'd been wondering about this for the past couple of weeks.

Doesn't everyone know where he is?  Anyone could just drive around and look to see where the 5,000 member militia encampment is, right?  

It is good to see that maybe the feds have learned that there are better ways to arrest people than through frontal assaults.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I am guessing Mr. Cox will shortly be made available for a court appearence.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.adn.com/2011/03/10/1748613/fairbanks-militia-movement-targeted.html
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Police chief Laren Zager said he was not authorized to give details because other law enforcement agencies are in charge of the operation.

Hmmm...  Cox is lucky he didn't go out in a flaming ball of fuckin' fire.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
wow. read the update.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wow. read the update.

Painting with a broad brush, and simply an observation. When you have a vocal guy "in charge" and you tack that "militia" label on your organization, you tend to get negative attention from the press and government.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
It's great news that there wasn't a 'blaze of glory' from either side in Fairbanks.

"My real name is Francis. But if any one of you homos calls me Francis...I'll kill you."
"Lighten up, Francis."
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]
If everyone in this country had the same mindset and beliefs as Mr. Schaeffer, this country would be doing a lot better than it is now. It is sad news indeed to hear that he was arrested.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If everyone in this country had the same mindset and beliefs as Mr. Schaeffer, this country would be doing a lot better than it is now. It is sad news indeed to hear that he was arrested.

the mindset to kidnap and kill 2 troopers and a judge, the total disrespect and disregard for the rule of law.  we will just have to disagree about that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the mindset to kidnap and kill 2 troopers and a judge, the total disrespect and disregard for the rule of law.  we will just have to disagree about that.

I'm going to have to agree with akgrown
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You don't understand, this Cox guy is fuckin' nutty.  Nutty and charismatic, a dangerous mix.

I'm all for the militia/machine guns/freedom thing, but there's a line you don't cross, and that's kidnapping/assassination of public officials over a personal vendetta.  I wonder if those idiots realized that every email and phone conversation they had was being recorded.  Idiots.

I wish I knew Mike Anderson was in on this cause he's a personal friend and I would have tried harder to open his eyes to the fact that hanging out with Cox was a dead end street.  He seems to be the only one who was arrested that didn't really have a personal reason to go along with something like this, and I'm pissed that he chose this for himself.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to have to agree with akgrown

As am I

Not down with killing LEO and Judges like that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait to listen to KFAR and hear the folks that will paint Cox as the patron saint of some movement.

Arming up to execute arrest warrants on a person who has issued thinly-veiled (and out-right) threats against individuals is not "making a statement" or "oppressing the freedom-lovers"......it is a reasonable precaution in the line of duty.

There are some folks here that are so bat-shit crazy I wonder if they hang from the ceiling when they sleep at night.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe those actions stemmed from unjust prosecution against him in earlier events.

Look I'm not supporting his "alleged plans" to kidnap, I'm not supporting him beating the shit out of his wife, I'm not defending his actions. I think his support of the second amendment and his mindset of not supporting the government to become tyrannical is a good thing.

I think the charge of him carrying concealed and not informing the state trooper or what not is total bs.

You guys up north are way more informed than us down south, I had never heard of him until he was charged on the concealed carry issue, I think on that issue that law enforcement was completely out of line and acting outside the scope of the constitution.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#19]
In Alaska you are required by state statute to inform law enforcement if you are carrying under certain circumstances.  It's pretty plain and simple but he chose to create an issue and get himself charged.  He has the potential to become the poster boy for the Brady bunch and other anti-gunners on why all us crazy gun toters should be disarmed.  He has done nothing to advance my gun rights and I don't appreciate his stupid actions drawing the attention of the media.  If this story goes national watch the lame stream media make us all out to be dangerous fools.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Google Hutaree Militia pretty similar situation and yet all charges eventually dropped. I would be more interested to know more about what the "illegal" weapons were. Maybe there was a hacksaw in proximity to a rifle and constructive intent is the charge.

Remember it's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

Read through the comments on ADM's article, there is a whole lot of liberals saying good job on arresting him, and a whole lot of conservatives saying differently.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
So we should strip away his rights on the assumption that he will commit a crime? Maybe we should take away the 2nd amendment all together?
I'm sorry maybe I'm confused, it would appear that he has not been found guilty in a court of law at this point.
It would appear that every person in the country is capable of committing a crime at some point in time, therefore we should remove their firearms as well so that they don't go down in a blaze of glory too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't wait to listen to KFAR and hear the folks that will paint Cox as the patron saint of some movement.

Arming up to execute arrest warrants on a person who has issued thinly-veiled (and out-right) threats against individuals is not "making a statement" or "oppressing the freedom-lovers"......it is a reasonable precaution in the line of duty.

There are some folks here that are so bat-shit crazy I wonder if they hang from the ceiling when they sleep at night.

I only heard two supporters (only listened from 4-6 P.M.), one of whom I would classify as a nut.  She sounds like she is constantly off her meds.  One time she called in about black unmarked helicopters disgorging Federal agents at some relative's cabin out in one of the villages.  Somehow that never made the news.  *rolleyes*

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

At Cox’s arraignment, his attorney, Robert John, argued Cox should be allowed to have firearms in his home if he manages to post bail and be released. John said Cox needed to be armed “so he is not a sitting duck for people who may come after him.”

Really, so next time he has a chance to go down in a blaze of glory
Fucking retard

He argued the same thing after the wife choking and concealed carry with no LEO inform incidents.

I have mixed feelings on the whole thing, maybe I'd allow one pistol only.  The problem is that the guy seems mentally unstable to me- as a judge I'd probably order him to be evaluated and go from there.  As pro 2A as I am, giving a gun to a psycho is obviously a bad idea.  The guy is stupid for getting caught doing dumb shit when so many eyes were obviously on him, but is he certifiably crazy?.

This whole thing reeks of the Hutaree thing that happened a while back, and all charges were eventually dropped in that instance.

I wonder if there was an insider informant???
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Random thoughts after reading the documentation.  Thanks for posting the links:

–– It says he had prohibited weapons - an automatic assault rifle and pineapple grenades filled with black powder.  This doesn't sound like a constructive intent charge.
–– How do they not know who 'Ken' is?
–– It's interesting that they state that 'they do not believe that Cox has a Class 3 FFL'.  Why wouldn't they know this?
–– If the quotes are correct and they have tape on it, all I can say is 'Wow'.  There's no way to take those quotes out of context to mean much other than what they state.
–– Cox wanted to go down in a blaze.  It definitely wouldn't have been a blaze of glory.  He's not just way off the deep end, he's not very smart either.  He should have known he was in the cross-hairs but he continued to make really bad decisions.  ETA: Maybe this is the result that he wanted?

He could have furthered his causes in much more productive ways than he has.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Whoa, those docs paint a pretty vivid picture.  Wonder what method(s) of surveillance the FBI used?  They heard inside the houses, did they plant a bug or have one of the people wired?

Also, the articles all say that there are only federal charges against one of the guys...  And it's not Francis?

Where's the BATFE in all of this?  Grenades and an illegal MG???  They're probably busy figuring out how to get it to Mexico.  

Looks like Mike figured out the world of shit he was getting into and backed out, but he was already a party in the conspiracy and had previously hidden Cox's stuff before the cops got to it.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Google Hutaree Militia pretty similar situation and yet all charges eventually dropped. I would be more interested to know more about what the "illegal" weapons were. Maybe there was a hacksaw in proximity to a rifle and constructive intent is the charge.

Remember it's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

Read through the comments on ADM's article, there is a whole lot of liberals saying good job on arresting him, and a whole lot of conservatives saying differently.

Latest I could find

Not everybody was let go from hutaree.  

Still think you're giving Cox and the others a little more credit than is warranted.

Also, I'm betting the wife was wired.  New baby is a lot to lose in this situation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm astounded that there is someone in here defending this guy.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how wrong you might think it to be.

Good thing this was just the "Peacekeeper's" militia, otherwise things could have got ugly!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#33]
rememeber back when MGNiko and I were very against the use of the word "militia" survival skills classes, and adamantly anti Cox??? DANM I love being right, (dispite the illegal mg, grenades, pipebombs(grenade hull with black powder = pipebomb),  

BTW the old joke appears to be true

How do you meet you local ATF, FBI, NSA, CIA, DEA agents?

Attend a militia meeting, you can also meet one other guy who wants to meet them too....
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Man, our law enforcement folks did a spectacular job in making those arrests with nobody hurt.  That kind of raid could have gone very bad in a bunch of ways, especially with a gang that far off the deep end.

My long-declining degree of respect for Cox finally hit zero when I read about his '"241" (two for one) plan' in the criminal complaint.  Having some doubts about the courts' legitimacy is kinda kooky; but taking active steps toward killing local law enforcement is weapons-grade crazy.

The fact that Cox was taken into custody unharmed, gets an attorney and the presumption of innocence, and can plead his case in open court, is itself tangible proof of the legitimacy of our court system.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
rememeber back when MGNiko and I were very against the use of the word "militia" survival skills classes, and adamantly anti Cox??? DANM I love being right, (dispite the illegal mg, grenades, pipebombs(grenade hull with black powder = pipebomb),  

BTW the old joke appears to be true

How do you meet you local ATF, FBI, NSA, CIA, DEA agents?

Attend a militia meeting, you can also meet one other guy who wants to meet them too....

All you had to do was watch the guy from a distance to see that he was on self-destruct mode and was going down sooner or later.  

I wonder if they let him keep his mouse in prison?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm astounded that there is someone in here defending this guy.  

This
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sorry, but Schaefer Cox is an idiot of epic proportion and gets exactly what he deserved, especially since he decided to paint that big day-glo bullseye on his and the peoples involved backs.
Shoot a Trooper.....Shoot a Judge...DUM DUM DUM DUM and DUMBER!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

His values include being a domestic violence abuser and being a anti government idiot.
This nut case threatened the lives of friends of mine. Anyone who supports him is a treasist and is against everything this great country is founded on. I hope he rots in prision. Idiots like this are the ones that give all gun owners a bad name. Mr. Schaeffer is a punk who knows nothing about what this country was founded on and he is a disgrace.

The judge at his arraingment for the misdemeanor gun charge should have thrown his ass in jail when he threatened his famliy in open court. He should have held him in contempt when he refused to remove his hat and he should have remanded him for sure after he said he was going to treat his next court date like a "tupper ware party invitation" and not attend.  This guy is a total freaking reject.
You're support a person that supported killing three people I know and respect your comments make you know better than that freak show.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

His values include being a domestic violence abuser and being a anti government idiot.
This nut case threatened the lives of friends of mine. Anyone who supports him treasist and is against everything this great country is founded on. I hope he rots in prision. Idiots like this are the ones that give all gun owners a bad name. Mr. Schaeffer is a punk who knows nothing about what this country was founded on and he is a disgrace.

The judge at his arraingment for the misdemeanor gun charge should have thrown his ass in jail when he threatened his famliy in open court. He should have held him in contempt when he refused to remove his hat and he should have remanded him for sure after he said he was going to treat his next court date like a "tupper ware party invitation" and not attend.  This guy is a total freaking reject.
You're support a person that supported killing three people I know and respect your comments make you know better than that freak show.
Pat

100 percent agree.  Someone has to earn my respect through their words and deeds. He has shown neither.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I liked the part in the complaint where they were convienced you could tell who someone was based off of their cell phone because Cox had seen it in a movie.
Thats uber tactical

Oh yeah, these guys were so uber tactical aware of their surroundings they were like Vatican ninja assassins.

I still wanna know how the FBI guys planted bugs/wire(s), they got all the juicy details that are a sure conviction if upheld in court.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked the part in the complaint where they were convienced you could tell who someone was based off of their cell phone because Cox had seen it in a movie.

Thats uber tactical

Oh yeah, these guys were so uber tactical aware of their surroundings they were like Vatican ninja assassins.

I still wanna know how the FBI guys planted bugs/wire(s), they got all the juicy details that are a sure conviction if upheld in court.

He must have tiger blood in him.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats uber tactical

He must have tiger blood in him.

Hell yeah!  Winning!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats uber tactical

Cell phones can be used as bugs without the owner even knowing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Congratulations to the members of law enforcement for taking these guys into custody without an incident.  

You know who I feel sorry for?  Schaeffer's kid.  I wonder how old his kid is?  Above all else, I think he had a responsibility to his child not to get mixed up in all this.  What a waste.

The only time I really remember seeing Schaeffer around was a few years ago at the Republican Convention in Anchorage.  The kid was pretty passionate about what he believed in, and was on the right track if that's what he wanted.  I remember former LT. Governor Loren Leman hosting the event even cracking some smiles and sort of congratulating Schaeffer on his tenacity for as young as he was.  

This is kinda the way I see it...

The Founders of this Country went through a living hell to give us what we have.  We were blessed enough to have the opportunity to live here and all that is required is to stay vigilant and safe guard the Liberty that the Founders died for.  Is everything perfect?  Hell no.  But that doesn't give you the right to kill someone because they are not following what you believe the Constitution to say.  The Founders gave us the opportunity to be able to get involved in the political process, and that's what Schaeffer should have stuck with.  

We still have the right to run for office ourselves, and help put others in office that have political views that we agree with.  If you think things are screwed up then you better try harder in the political process.  That’s it.  You do not get to throw my Country off a cliff because you’re pissed about the way things are going.  And if you try, I hope the fine members of our law enforcement put your silly ass in jail in the same peaceful manner.  Until you no longer have a right to vote, run for office, participate in the political process, or they start putting us in ovens, this is the way things need to stay.        

Timinem...I understand the point you were trying to make, even though it might not have typed out well.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#48]
You really can't make this stuff up:

"Look, this fight is 5 percent that believe in tyranny and are benefiting from it against 5 percent that believe in liberty and will stop at nothing to procure it. And the rest of those people, those 95 percent, are just inconsequential one way or the other."

Don't you guys have calculators in Fairbanks?

"your administrativeness"

I'm going to have to laugh every time I think about this one.  He is a creative guy.

Congrats again to the folks who planned the take-down.  I guess they'll be sticking around for awhile to make sure the supposed 'militia' doesn't rise up?  Maybe we'll get to (unknowingly) meet a few of them at Anderson?

Matt
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#49]
It will be interesting to see how this plays out for Michael.  From reading the court documents it seems that he knew this was going in a bad direction and no longer wanted to participate.  He would have been a good potential informant for the LEO's.  I wonder if they approached him and he refused or if they already had somone inside when he started coming to his senses and they no longer needed him?

The lesson learned from him could be that his lack of additional participation didn't stop his prosecution.  Assuming everything they accuse is true, he would have had to approach the LEO's to have tried to extract himself from the situation.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Part 1 of 11

Some of you guys appear to have some hatred towards him, what ever.

It's because less and less people think like him that we have obama in the white house and a federal,state, and city governments that are no longer of the people and for the people.

He had some shit wrong with him as well, it's no different than anyone else. We see this with the Joe Miller vs Murkuntski election. How many people that you know voted for lisa because Joe wasn't perfect. The problem is while waiting for the perfect candidate, worthless pieces of shit are getting elected instead of someone that has the right core ideas.

I would much rather have Schaeffer Cox's running around than obama voting liberals.
You guys seem to disagree, so whatever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top