Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/21/2017 1:03:45 PM EDT
I have a PSA colt 9mm lower that I am having issues with and would like to test the upper against a know working 9mm lower before I ship my lower in for warranty.

Does anyone in the Ames area have a Colt or Glock 9mm lower or a 9mm mag block? I just need verify that the upper will feed and chamber dummy rounds from mags.

I will bring you cookies!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your bolt cut to clear Glock magazines?  A Glock lower won't work with the bolt if it isn't cut for Glock mags.  I have a Glock mag AR, but I'm like 150ish miles north of Des Moines.

What issues are you having?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a PSA 9mm upper/lower combo that takes glock mags in DSM, but I got the upper this week and it is as of yet unfired.  If there's no one closer I'm happy to do what I can to help.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I am meeting with Booger tomorrow morning to swap parts and test mags.

I am having two primary issues. 
First, the bolt is binding on the right feed lip of the mags. I cannot ride the bolt closed with the charging handle as there is too much friction from the feedlip.
Second, When attempting to chamber a round using the bolt release, the round gets stripped from the mag but then seems to jack knife between the upper and the barrel. This is most likely due to the bolt catch finger being too long, as it will actually contact the base of the bullets, but it also may have something to due with the high friction between the feed lip and the bolt. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Big thanks to Booger for the assist! It turns out it was a combination of the magazines, the shape of the feed ramps in my lower, and my bolt catch being too long. I have some better mags on order and am going to shave down the bolt catch finger a bit. I probably will not mess with the feed ramps unless I can find a spare.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top