Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2017 9:26:59 PM EDT
I meant to make this thread sooner, so it's kind of short notice, but my wife and I will be in the down town area in Des Moines this coming Sunday. We're hoping to walk around and maybe do a bit of shopping there, but since it'll be a Sunday I thought I'd ask those "in the know". We've done the Jordan Creek mall and all that before so we want to switch it up.

Will we be able to find shops/stores that are open, if so, is there a better section to stick to?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
only shopping would be the east village. Never been down there on a Sunday so not sure whats open or not.

Check here maybe.... https://eastvillagedesmoines.com/
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome thanks! That link is very helpful. We just got to the hotel and we'll be in that general area.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The Iowa Tap room is on East 3rd between Walnut and Court streets.  That would be about 1 1/2 blocks east of the Federal Court house.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Up-Down is a pretty sweet barcade, if you're into older arcade games.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. We had a good time all over. We spent some time in the East Village and the weather couldn't be beat yesterday. It would be better during the week but it was still fun.

I heard about an arcade bar in Cedar Rapids, but I haven't been to one yet. Sounds fun.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top