Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just about to post this.

If I am correct this is an actual 18 months since it is Federal? No early parole etc.  He also looses his gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Prosecutor recommends no jail time. Judge STILL hits him 15 months. Now that's how you send a message about corruption in politics.

Wonder if the Dorr family will be sending care packages to him since, you know, they were the ones facilitating the bribes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This makes my day.

Too bad it was just 15 months. Still, it is good to see.  It is too bad he didn't take a Dorr or two with him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how the no compromise stance will work in prison?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
"'I was cocky, arrogant and filled with misguided ideas,' Sorenson said.'

Gee, I wonder where those misguided ideas came from?

It IS too bad he won't be taking a Dorr with him.

I have to agree with the judge on this one- public trust of elected officials is low because of misdeeds like this, and to combat that a strong message must be sent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<snip>

I have to agree with the judge on this one- public trust of elected officials is low because of misdeeds like this, and to combat that a strong message must be sent.
View Quote

Agreed 100%

Jail time is exactly what's needed for corruption.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The Door family is under investigation and Sorenson is providing information. My guess is that the US Attorney is putting this off to his replacement, trying to make hay of it. No parole in the federal system.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Door family is under investigation and Sorenson is providing information. My guess is that the US Attorney is putting this off to his replacement, trying to make hay of it. No parole in the federal system.
View Quote

I really want to believe Door might get indicted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really want to believe Door might get indicted.
View Quote

Exactly. Unless the root of the problem is eliminated, it is all just pissing in the wind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Judge Pratt is a democrat appointee.  He tends to hit cops and republicans hard.  He gave Colin Boone 6 years for one kick.   Who is the Dorr family you are talking about?  
kwg
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny thing, the website with the truth about him comes up first on a google search.  Gotta love it.

Here ya go KWG:

http://iagunowners.org/officers/aaron-dorr-ring-leader
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Judge Pratt is a democrat appointee.  He tends to hit cops and republicans hard.  He gave Colin Boone 6 years for one kick.   Who is the Dorr family you are talking about?  
kwg
View Quote

Aaron Dorr and his extended family are now running IGO-style scam organizations in MN, IA, and MO (that I know of -- may be more by now).
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#14]
There is a new president.  He is a republican.  Mr. Dorr is probably in the clear unless there is a current investigation pending and it will be referred to the new U.S. Attorney after the Grand Jury looks at it.   If the Grand Jury looks at it, it's been investigated by a Federal level investigator and they are famous/infamous for the quality of their investigations.

The last prosecutor was a democrat.  He took his marching orders from Washington D.C.  If there was any chances of embarrassing a republican, charges were filed.   I can't say the same thing for who ever the next prosecutor is but he will be a republican appointee.  I can only hope if charges are viable, the Grand Jury will vote to indict.   I don't know much about Mr. Dorr or the IGO.  I have no idea where he/they stand on any issue except that apparently they are pro 2nd Amendment.   He may be a dick head or he may be a nice guy, I don't know.  I talk with my local elected representative in the House if I want him to know how I feel about any particular issue.   I think he cares what I say to him about issues that are important to me.   We have known each other for a long period of time and we tend to know how each other thinks.   I really don't need the IGO or Mr. Dorr or any other organization speaking for me.  I get a little worried when someone else starts "speaking on my behalf" without me being there.

Mr. Sorenson and the Ron Paul employees who paid him off and got this whole issue in front of Judge Pratt, had to of known they were playing with fire.  In this case, they all got burned.  Mr. Sorenson plead guilty to his charges hoping for a plea bargain that would keep him out of jail.   He lost.  The other 3 players went in front of a jury of good Iowa citizens who got a chance to hear all of the evidence and in the end they lost also.   That's the way the game is played.  The only winners in this whole deal is the attorneys.  They get paid either win or lose.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm betting right now Mr. Sorenson is NOT talking to anyone about turning any evidence over to anybody right now.   If there is any evidence of a criminal violation 2 things have to happen.  
1.  The Grand Jury has to vote to indict.
2.  The new USA for the Southern District of Iowa has to agree.  Keep in mind he will be republican and not a democrat like the last USA.  Yes, politics has a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is what the republicans have to say about Dorr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGT_B7a5yr8
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top