Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
i contacted the Iowa DNR today about officially adding the 50 Beowulf to the pistol caliber list.  i was met with some criteria i have to provide and hopefully if the cartridge falls in their guidelines it'll be added.

i couldn't help it...  i had to post.  i'm pretty excited.  i had ordered a pistol upper and then changed it to a carbine...  now i'll need that pistol upper after all if things go well.

if anyone else has calibers they need added i can steer you in the right direction.  basically they need to be "straight wall" centerfire calibers over .357....  by "straight wall" they can have no more than .030" of taper...  i think they're required to have more than 400ftlbs of energy as well...

anywho, i hope i'll have good news on this soon.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
that is great news .   nice to know that the dnr is open to suggestions.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Lon Lindenberg of the Iowa DNR gave me an email confirmation today that the 50 Beowulf was added to the list of pistol calibers legal for use in the 2006 fall/winter season.

After some searching on the net i found their are a few of the revolver guys chambering in this round also.  the magnum research guys are using the 50 beo in their BFR.  i also have heard the freedom arms guys are doing it as well - i haven't verified this, however....

I spoke with Bill Alexander of Alexander Arms last week and he told me he had given permission for a small run of 50 Beo pistols to be made at olympic arms.  I think the contact was Mr. Houseman, if i'm not mistaken.  I also know that bohica tool makes them.  I can't speak to how many of these guys actually have Bill's permission, but i know the BFR and the Oly Arms entities have been ok'd by AA.

Is there any interest out here in the Iowa HTF for these in AR pistol form?

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#3]
also,

special thanks to 5isalive for the last minute help while i was in a panic to pull this off!!!

septic tank
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
also,

special thanks to 5isalive for the last minute help while i was in a panic to pull this off!!!

septic tank

Yeah no problem.  So when is my upper coming?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
also,

septic tank

Yeah no problem.  So when is my upper coming?  

yeah...  funny thing about that...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats great, Now if they would Ok the 458 socom Id be in heaven!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top