Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2011 5:34:15 PM EDT
So I got a call from L&A firearms today to let me know that they got my new toy in so i drove out there and got myself a Rossi ranch hand in 45 Colt
I havnt shot it yet but I was too excited not to share it with you guys. ill post some better pictures later along with how it shoots

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5497945683_b07f49442f_b.jpg

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
looks great
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
very cool. Is it classified as a pistol?
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Now you need a holster and cartridge belt for it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yes it is built from the ground up as a pistol so you don't have to wait for the SBR license...

Quoted:
Now you need a holster and cartridge belt for it.

definitely then I can make it my daily carry

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes it is built from the ground up as a pistol so you don't have to wait for the SBR license...

Call me ignorant but how (with the stock) is that a pistol? I thought the NFA said if it can be shoulder fired its not a pistol...?
Also, care to tell us how much she set you back cause if I can get something like that w/out paying the $200 tax I might just have to start saving!
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The stock only extends about 4" behind your hand.  If you can fire that from your shoulder, you've got really short arms!  It actually works pretty well if you brace that short stock stub against your hip.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The stock only extends about 4" behind your hand.  If you can fire that from your shoulder, you've got really short arms!  It actually works pretty well if you brace that short stock stub against your hip.

I guess its a lot smaller than it looks then. I guess I was thinking the stock was able to be shouldered. Still cool as hell, love the big loop lever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid $449.00 before tax... because it was built as a pistol and has the shorter stock they loop holed it into being a handgun and not a SBR kinda like building an AR with the stubby "stock" I guess.. It even has in big writing on the box "ATTENTION DEALER: THIS IS A HANDGUN" even the guy selling me the gun wasn't sure how to put it int he system when selling it to me i just pointed to the box lol...

and technically you can put it up to your shoulder, its not comfortable but you can.

and yes I did try to spin reload like arnold in terminator and yes I did hurt myself but now I can do it every time like a pro ( i know no one asked me this but i feel bad ass when i do it and thought i should share)

I do believe (hopefully) im going to try to go to range USA tonight and have some fun if anyone wants to me up with me your more then welcome to ( let post if im going 100% in the next couple of hours)
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call me ignorant but how (with the stock) is that a pistol? I thought the NFA said if it can be shoulder fired its not a pistol...?
Also, care to tell us how much she set you back cause if I can get something like that w/out paying the $200 tax I might just have to start saving!

Start asking questions like that, and people might question whether or not the buffer tube on an AR pistol makes it a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#11]
here is  a crappy picture i just took so you can see size comparison with my G19
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/5499617891_7c7991497c_z.jpg
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I paid $449.00 before tax... because it was built as a pistol and has the shorter stock they loop holed it into being a handgun and not a SBR kinda like building an AR with the stubby "stock" I guess.. It even has in big writing on the box "ATTENTION DEALER: THIS IS A HANDGUN" even the guy selling me the gun wasn't sure how to put it int he system when selling it to me i just pointed to the box lol...

and technically you can put it up to your shoulder, its not comfortable but you can.

and yes I did try to spin reload like arnold in terminator and yes I did hurt myself but now I can do it every time like a pro ( i know no one asked me this but i feel bad ass when i do it and thought i should share)

I do believe (hopefully) im going to try to go to range USA tonight and have some fun if anyone wants to me up with me your more then welcome to ( let post if im going 100% in the next couple of hours)

It's not a "stock", it's a pistol grip that has a funny bulge at the back end.  With a little practice, you might be able to use that bulge for a cheek weld without the back end of the grip touching your shoulder.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Woble, I was in there today and I saw the other one they have for sale. I asked about you. I'm in there alot and they have some great deals. I'm just ready for my TiRant 45 to come in soI can get the ball rolling. They are gonna handle my RR transfer when I decide to finally jump on one
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah Hank. It's about 2 hrs from Mogadishu on the Mississippi (had to toss in the obligatory Memphis slur). Great guys at L&A.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah Hank. It's about 2 hrs from Mogadishu on the Mississippi (had to toss in the obligatory Memphis slur). Great guys at L&A.

What city are they in, please?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Union City. Home of EX-congressman John Tanner.

Linky linky
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
L&A is amazing all the guys that work there are amazingly nice and knowledgeable. There is no question to stupid or demand to big. I try to only buy my guns and gun related accessories there even tho it is a 2 hour drive for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey wobble that looks pretty cool! Let us know has it shoots...
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I would say that anybody that can keep a straight face when somebody wants to buy a Hi-point, is a pretty patient salesperson
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would say that anybody that can keep a straight face when somebody wants to buy a Hi-point, is a pretty patient salesperson

Was he saying I wanted to buy a hi-point?
They had one there and I pointed it out because I thought it was funny they even had it out because I didn't think thy sold that kind of junk....maybe he miss understood me .
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#23]
No way Woble. There is a long-running joke between me and the L&A guys about the thugs that come in wanting those "tight" Hi-Points. Wasnt referring to you at all. I'm glad you have had a great experience with them. They're great guys and they WILL knock off the price tag. Most of the time without you even asking.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No way Woble. There is a long-running joke between me and the L&A guys about the thugs that come in wanting those "tight" Hi-Points. Wasnt referring to you at all. I'm glad you have had a great experience with them. They're great guys and they WILL knock off the price tag. Most of the time without you even asking.

thank god had me worried that they thought I was a hi-point kinda guy

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks awesome man!

Well, go ahead an laugh at me... cause im sure its out there somewhere... but it would be awesome to find something like that which took a round full of bird shot.  Would make a nice home defense weapon...
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#27]
They have another one in stock
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks awesome man!

Well, go ahead an laugh at me... cause im sure its out there somewhere... but it would be awesome to find something like that which took a round full of bird shot.  Would make a nice home defense weapon...

Ask and you shall receive
Whatch this video start it at 1:50 Click me
they did announce a shotgun version of this gun but I think politics got it stuck somewhere and it hasnt come out yet.

Quoted:
SHUT UP, YOU!

ill call up there and have them hold it for you
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've got a SBR to build, damn it!

(do they do layaway?)

I believe they do
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
By the by, did you get it out to the range?

Yes I did and it is very fun to shoot.. still trying to figure out the best way to hold it I tried it a couple of different ways all seem to be good. It is pretty acurate, had to adjust the sights a little but once I got them set I was able to pretty much match my glock on accuracy. I only put about 30 rounds thru it, sadly its becoming difficult to shoot handguns for long periods of time because im starting to arthritis (and im only 25)  ... mostly I talked to people that came up to me and were asking me about it. ( which is always cool because I have never had one of those "cool" guns that people ask about)
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Hank.....They definitely do have layaway . I'm telling you, you cant beat these guys.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hank.....They definitely do have layaway . I'm telling you, you cant beat these guys.

Mostly because they have REALLY REALLY BIG GUNS and they would shoot you if you tried....but also because they are nice and have good prices.

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Obion County appreciates your sales tax dollars.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks awesome man!

Ask and you shall receive
Whatch this video start it at 1:50 Click me
they did announce a shotgun version of this gun but I think politics got it stuck somewhere and it hasnt come out yet.

stupid BATFE... granted its only a 410... but if they get cleared to sell that thing, I definitely want one!

ETA:  Called Rossi after checking their website.  The Trail Judge isnt showcased, but IS in their catalog on the site.  When talking to them, they said that they hadnt gotten enough interest in it, which is why you cant get it right now, but maybe next year.  Reading between the lines, I heard them saying something about BATFE... and not sure if theyre gonna be able to produce it... grrrrrr
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw one of them on FireFly last night......
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#40]
That is a sweet looking, kinda like a street sweeper version of Lucas McCain's rifle
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Serenity....

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#43]
now thats cool!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly because they have REALLY REALLY BIG GUNS and they would shoot you if you tried....but also because they are nice and have good prices.

Ask to see the SAW. I fired it last year and I am still in love. The fam and I are planning to go donate some more money for breast cancer research so that I can shoot it again.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've got a SBR to build, damn it!

(do they do layaway?)

If you want to make a road trip let me know.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#47]
As Southernman077 stated, they do have several MG shoots a year. The latest was to benefit Breast Cancer Research.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top