Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:53:52 PM EDT
Hello E.TN Ar15.comers

My friend and I have started a combatives study group in Alcoa. The group is designed to practice weapon retention. knife defense, offensive knife work, practical unarmed combat, impact weapons, situational work, and shooting.

My personal martial arts back ground is 8.5 years of Kyokushin Karate and police style defensive tactics. My sensei was a detective and a DT instructor for a PD in VA.  

The other founding member has studied Judo for approx 8 years, trained in Shoot style MMA for 4 years, wrestled in high school and some in college. He has taken some knife training from Shivworks and attended various other seminars. He is in much better shape than I, mid way in college I gave up on Kyokushin.

We shoot as a group about once a month, mostly pistol work.

We are open to what ever works, we do a lot of pad work work, drills on the heavy bag, we also sparr. We practice boxing drills, low kicks, knees, elbows, clinch work, ground work, high percentage throws. We have been doing a lot of in fight weapons access, it's a lot harder to get the gun in play when someone is trying to pound your head in.

We are looking for interested persons, experience is good but we are open to newbies. To train with us we want a valid CCW, proof of employment as an LEO, active Duty Mil or NG, or some other proof you are a good guy. There was a gym similar to ours in FL that trained the 9/11 attackers and we are sure as hell not doing that.

Our fee is small mostly to cover gear and rent, now we have a deal worked out with the Judo school so you may get to train in that too for a bit extra. We are non profit, just keeping the school up.  The fee so far is $45.00 a month, it may go up a bit we are having a bit of a time with the bills. Thats part of why I am opening this to the general public.

IM me if you are interested and we will talk some more.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Where abouts is Alcoa?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where abouts is Alcoa?

Right next to Maryville.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where abouts is Alcoa?

Right next to Maryville.

Ahhhh,looks like that may be  abit far for me to travel on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds interesting. I might stop by and check you out some time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Your group sounds like an outstanding opportunity.  Unfortunatly... too far away for me
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sounds like a damn fine idea to me. wish i was closer to y'all, we need more of this type of training going on.

Shoot early, shoot often, shoot accurately. Problems solved, IMO.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top