Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/1/2005 12:08:51 AM EDT
Looks like we need to have a new thread on the October 23rd ar15.com Oregon members shoot.  

Location will be at Brown's Camp Gravel Pit.  Someone please post directions and a map for new comers.

Time frame will be 8-9am till 4-5pm or the ammo runs out!

Bring LOTS of ammo and guns of course and LOTS of targets!

Meet all the members and put a face with a screen name.

If you have pictures of video from past shoots please post it up!

And NO MENTION ABOUT THE CARS in here please!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking forward to it!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I will be there, I can't wait to have so much fun with all my shooting buddies.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
NoAim and I just went to Harbor Freight where their having a sidewalk sale. We each picked up some cast Iron frying pans for cheap-cheap. Were gonna try to come up with something to hang them off of. I figure that they will make some pretty good gongs for a short period. NO .50 cal!!!!

Anyone have a 9mm or 45ACP AR that will have it there? I'd like to try it out if possible. I've been thinking about a 9mm SBR with can. I'd also like to shoot anything with a suppressor on the end.

See ya there guys.

Nox
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a work day for me, but if I can get that day off I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
NOX,

I probally won't have my 45 cal AR done by then as I'm thinking of going with a supressed 45 upper.  

I might be trying to get a buy in on those too  :-)  I'll let you know.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in. As Nox mentioned above, we're going to bring the "gongs". We need to rig up a frame or something to hang them from. I'll do this sometime during the next two weeks.

I'm set for ammo and guns. The only thing I'm trying to grab is a folding canopy for the (sure to be) rain.

I should have my usual crap out there. Nothing too fancy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
If my paper is approved my .45 setup will be at SRT for the integral suppressor.   If not, it'll be there unsupressed.   45 ARs are damned cool ya know
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I will still be there.  I have my shooting canopy, and maybe it will also serve as a deflector for the 45 win mag brass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
umm.......I dont have a canopy so hope someone will feel nice and let me stand under it?  otherwise I could duct tape an umbrella to my hat

I'm kinda feelin stupid bout this, all I've got to bring is 1 M4 1 16" HBAR and my 96vertec in 40sw.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
umm.......I dont have a canopy so hope someone will feel nice and let me stand under it?  otherwise I could duct tape an umbrella to my hat

I'm kinda feelin stupid bout this, all I've got to bring is 1 M4 1 16" HBAR and my 96vertec in 40sw.  

Meh. Come anyway. Enjoy the show. Play with other people's toys.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Can some one post directions for new comers?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#14]
WS4LIF,

Will you be bringing the grill this time out? Early on in the former thread, we seemed to be of the mindset that of bring your own food to grill. Is that still the plan guys?

Nox
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been to the last 3, but won't make this one.  

Gonna be in Michigan for my wife's cousin's wedding.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Mike you forgot to copy over the list.

ilike9s
WS4LIF
elcid11
Noxspector
Commando_Guy if he can save up for some scratch...ya know AMMO.
The Can man aka Mr45auto.
Ultvikefan
bangarms-Tentatively but hopefully with toys.
GS10
socandyman
Cape_hunter said he's comin' how about Unka-Boob?
-RotorDemon-
Tracker
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mike you forgot to copy over the list.

ilike9s
WS4LIF
elcid11
Noxspector
Commando_Guy if he can save up for some scratch...ya know AMMO.
The Can man aka Mr45auto.
Ultvikefan
bangarms-Tentatively but hopefully with toys.
GS10
socandyman
Cape_hunter said he's comin' how about Unka-Boob?
-RotorDemon-
Tracker

Don't forget about me and I'm trying to get Yankeefan to go as well.  Now if he'd just answer his damn IM!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone from Doug Co or passing thru want to carpool?  Ya know, cost of fuel and all thought it might help all of us.  More change for ammo?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've been to the last 3, but won't make this one.  

Gonna be in Michigan for my wife's cousin's wedding.  

You will be missed. Travel safe!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Got lots of room!
"a little to the left....Right there, dont move. Now hold real still while WS4LIF trys to shoot that apple off yur melon Petagunner"
CH
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]
fingers crossed, my hunt was cancelled.  No promises as my plate is really full but I would like to make it.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#22]
That sounds really cool, where's browns camp?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Man, I was about the 3rd poster in this thread and STILL got left out of the "list".
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Man, I was about the 3rd poster in this thread and STILL got left out of the "list".

Cuz your only a "B" list kinda kinda guy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aw CH, you shouldn't have.....

A list = Asshole (CH)
B list = Buddies (everyone else)

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A list = Asshole (CH)

Only in your own little world! Must be nice though, at least you know everyone!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A list = Asshole (CH)

Only in your own little world! Must be nice though, at least you know everyone!

sheesh, just kiddin.

okay,okay.  Can I still go to the shoot?  

Still want some pumpkins?  I think I can get a whole skid if we want em.....I dont got any skillz but got connections!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Still want some pumpkins?  I think I can get a whole skid if we want em.....I dont got any skillz but got connections!

HOLY CRAP! a whole skid!!!!
HELL YEA!!!!!!
CH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY CRAP! a whole skid!!!!
HELL YEA!!!!!!
CH

I'm seeing orange for the 23rd............................
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#30]
"Jack O' Lantern....AR15.com style"

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]
If you drill a 1/2 hole in the top of the pumkin, and fill the inside with water, they blow apart well. Though Tannerite does a nice job.

CH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Too bad we cant find watermelons for free, we could handle em R.Lee style
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Directions to Brown's Camp (per WS4LIF's request).

- Basically, assuming you are coming from Portland-Metro, take US-26 West past Hillsboro (i.e., end of Civilization).
- Take a left (SouthWest) onto Hwy. 6
- Drive approx 15 miles until you see the signs for "Brown's Camp" on the left approx. 7 miles after you enter the Tillamook State Forest. The turn off is right before a farily large road maintanence building at mile marker 33.
- From there, ignore the signs to Brown's Camp, you're not going there, but close.
- The uber-secret code is: "Left (from the highway), Right, Right, Right, Left, Right, Left"
- This leads you down the hill and right to a large T intersection. The quarry is right there.
- Also note that cell phones do NOT work past mile 10. You're all alone out there with many many armed individuals...

A map for the reading impaired:
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey, anyone have a 9mm can they plan on bringing? I am looking at one for my ar and would love ot test one out.
just checking!
CH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hey, anyone have a 9mm can they plan on bringing? I am looking at one for my ar and would love ot test one out.
just checking!
CH

9mm  

Wait for the .45 SD I'm getting together, no point to a 9 when you can have a 45

Seriously tho, I'd be interested in hearing one as well.    I'll bring the Triple X out (223)  hopefully somebody else can bring more fun (quiet) stuff.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just checking!
CH

9mm  

Wait for the .45 SD I'm getting together, no point to a 9 when you can have a 45

Seriously tho, I'd be interested in hearing one as well.    I'll bring the Triple X out (223)  hopefully somebody else can bring more fun (quiet) stuff.

I love 45s but not in an AR cuz I hate them plastic lowers

Besides we ALL know the ONLY 45 carbine is a Thompson

The 9mm can will serve two purposes, my AR and my wifes nightstand gun, her little G19 with M3.

Besides any excuse I can use for new toys....
CH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Directions to Brown's Camp (per WS4LIF's request).

- Basically, assuming you are coming from Portland-Metro, take US-26 West past Hillsboro (i.e., end of Civilization).
- Take a left (SouthWest) onto Hwy. 6
- Drive approx 15 miles until you see the signs for "Brown's Camp" on the left approx. 7 miles after you enter the Tillamook State Forest. The turn off is right before a farily large road maintanence building.
- From there, ignore the signs to Brown's Camp, you're not going there, but close.
- The uber-secret code is: "Left (from the highway), Right, Right, Right, Left, Right, Left"
- This leads you down the hill and right to a large T intersection. The quarry is right there.
- Also note that cell phones do NOT work past mile 10. You're all alone out there with many many armed individuals...

A map for the reading impaired:
img195.imageshack.us/img195/8861/bcqmap5em.jpg

Let me add that the Browns Camp turn off from Hywy 6 is almost at mile marker 33.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#38]
If newbies are allowed and I'm not working, I'd love to make it out there.

Don't have as many toys as some that I've seen on here, but working on that, too.

But it would be fun to meet a few of the other crazies...err, I mean afficianados and hobbyists from here.  Hope to make it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If newbies are allowed and I'm not working, I'd love to make it out there.

Don't have as many toys as some that I've seen on here, but working on that, too.

But it would be fun to meet a few of the other crazies...err, I mean afficianados and hobbyists from here.  Hope to make it.

Well newbie you better report early for duty, Oh and don't forget all newbies must let the "crazies...err, I mean afficianados and hobbyists" run a full mag through all your guns. So bring lots of AMMO. J/K

Well kinda

Hope to see ya there
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

All I got is a shotgun and a .45. The 10/22 might make an appearance. I do have a new spec-ops on the shotty if anyone wants to try it out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Others will make up for that!

There will be plenty to shoot and see........
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Others will make up for that!here

Very cool h
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
All I got is a shotgun and a .45. The 10/22 might make an appearance. I do have a new spec-ops on the shotty if anyone wants to try it out.

I'll let ya pack one of my ar's around if ya want.  I guess I could shoot both at the same time, but don't think it would work too well.

PUMPKIN UPDATE!
Spoke to my connection last nite with my request for a whole skid, but also added that I wanted some of those smaller ones as well, sound good?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#44]
You could not bring enough...so get all you can!  Hell yea.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm afraid there's a good chance you folks will get to meet me at this shoot. I get to start a new job in Portland on the 24th, so I'll already be in town.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Pumpkins are a great idea!  
I've always liked organic targets (read that "bio-degradable")  
Less trash to police afterwards.
Pumpkins, Apples, Cantelopes, Watermelons, Pears, Tomatoes, Squash, Zucchini (Especially Zucchini!), Necco Wafers...even Eggs!

Death to Zucchini!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#47]
NOT NECCO WAFFERS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Unfortunately with my scarcity of blasting ammo (practically nil after the last shoot), it looks like I will sit this one out. Make sure and bump an extra mag for me.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm afraid there's a good chance you folks will get to meet me at this shoot. I get to start a new job in Portland on the 24th, so I'll already be in town.

Cool lookin' forward to meeting you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I talked to a coworker yesterday that was up at Browns Camp this past weekend.  He tells me that there were some people surveying the site for mining in the near future.  They indicated that they would be possibly knocking some of the sides out for this.  

It would be a good idea to recon this site on Friday or Saturday to make sure it will be open Sunday for the shoot.  I'll try and make it up on Friday (10/21) to check things out, but if someone can find a contact involved it would help too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top