Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 3:34:56 PM EDT

I know nothing on Oregon politics.

You do know that the thing holding you from CCW up here, and us up from CCW down there, is your state doesnt have reciprocity.

We got ours, you guys need to make some phone calls and see what you can do to get this thing moving. Or have the liberals taken over your statehouse???

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We actually have a bill or two in the House to address reciprocity - we'll see what happens to it.

All that stuff has to go to the Senate, which gets heard first by our Senate Judiciary Committee, which is headed by a notorious anti-gun beast, Senator Ginny Burdick.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for the update.

If you guys need a supporting fire mission, please drop by and let us know who we can call to help!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
1.) Yes, we know you're being stuck-up because we were stuck-up first (and IMO, we were far worse),
2.) Yes, leftist dingbats have taken over.  Long ago.
3.)  I don't care...stopped in Spokane for a few days on vacation, now it doesn't bother me none...

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, there is wording in the law requiring reciprocity negociations with states havind similar licensing laws. Unfortunately, the people responsible have never carried out their duties, and there are no teeth in the law to force them to do so.

I have been thinking for a while now that we need an initiative which creates a default penalty for any law which specified something that some part of governement must do, but omits specifying any penalty.

The default would be a personal liability for the individual whos duty said laws is of $100/day during which no action is taken. When the penalty reached $7000 it converts into 6 months imprisonment and the loss of the privilege of working in any publicly financed position for 10 years.

The immediate superior of this person would have a personal liability of  $500/day. Upon reaching a total penalty of $50,000 it would convert into one year's imprisonment and loss of the privilege of serving in any publicly financed position for life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top