Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2004 1:02:27 PM EDT
I received my OR CHL in the mail today, issued by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office!  Who says that Multnomah won't issue to out of state residents?  I had heard that in the past, so I was a little skeptical at first.  It is possible my friends, you just have to ask.

My picture looks like hell, and my signature appears quite small on the license, but it is all good.  I first contacted the Sheriff's office on 4/15 asking about the application procedure.  So it took me 3 months from the time I asked about the process to actually getting the license.  I probably could have cut at least one month off that if I had my training already taken care of, and another few weeks if my business had brought me back to Portland sooner than it did.  Overall, I'm very happy withe results, and the process wasn't onerous at all.

Now to send off my Florida application.....

Scott
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Great! That's all we need. More gun nuts walkin' around with guns.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
good job.   I've got my florida application sitting on the kitchen table, waiting for me to get print cards

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine renewed in Columbia County just the other day.  I was pleasantly surprised by how painless it was.  They only do CHL stuff on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (that right I said Saturday and Sunday!).  Went in at 0900 on Saturday morning and had the new card in the mail on Tuesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top