Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that they (NRA) also rates on chance of victory...as in they don't want to give a low grade to someone who is likely going to win.
Pretty chicken shit to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
he didn't send them enough pay off money, the NRA is as broken as the republican party
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
he didn't send them enough pay off money, the NRA is as broken as the republican party

+1,000,000

'nuff said.....  
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
If the Repubes were as mindFucked as the NRA, Obama would be the R Candidate in 2012
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent them an e mail asking this question. I will post a response if I get it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I sent them an e mail asking this question. I will post a response if I get it.

Thanks.

tagged for response

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
In theory, Obama should be A rated by the NRA.  He's an incumbent and did sign National Park Carry.   That is more than Bush ever did for us.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In theory, Obama should be A rated by the NRA.  He's an incumbent and did sign National Park Carry.   That is more than Bush ever did for us.

True, but the AWB lapsed on his watch, and he didn't cry about it or try and rally the Congress to renew it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Might wanna Google that.... The Bill was signed first by Bush...
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might wanna Google that.... The Bill was signed first by Bush...

He also got the industry protection law.

As for Diana, she is against state preemption laws.

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Bush did NOT sign any bills that allowed carry in National Parks.   His administration, at the urging of the VCDL, revised a National Park rule against concealed carry in parks.   It was done in the last days of the administration and had many flaws.  It was thrown out in court.    It was a last minute sop to fool gun owners into thinking Republicans are pro-gun.      Sen. Coburn slipped a much much broader National Park Carry law into the credit card bill.   The Keynan signed it without a peep.  The Coburn's LAW  allows open and concealed.   Bush's was only concealed and was just a rule that could be overturned at a bureaucrat's whim.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/19/AR2009031902801.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Bush had said many times that he supported the AWB and would sign its renewal.    It was killed in the Senate,  I think Harry Reid voted against the renewal but I'm not positive on that.

Yes, Bush signed the Industry Protection bill so that is a positive but what gun control laws did he roll back on a permanent basis?  None.  Heck he did a recess appointment of Michael Sullivan at the ATF who is very anti-gun anti-gun owner.

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#12]
We haven't had a pro-gun president since......welllllll, ummmmmm, since....... uhhhhhhhhh, <ahem>........ since well before I was born, and that was 1959.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Mike... What Pro Gun Bills did Bush have on his desk but not Sign ? Remember, the pres can only sign what is put before him (barring Executive Orders) .
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bush did NOT sign any bills that allowed carry in National Parks.   His administration, at the urging of the VCDL, revised a National Park rule against concealed carry in parks.   It was done in the last days of the administration and had many flaws.  It was thrown out in court.    It was a last minute sop to fool gun owners into thinking Republicans are pro-gun.      Sen. Coburn slipped a much much broader National Park Carry law into the credit card bill.   The Keynan signed it without a peep.  The Coburn's LAW  allows open and concealed.   Bush's was only concealed and was just a rule that could be overturned at a bureaucrat's whim.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/19/AR2009031902801.html?hpid=moreheadlines

So Bush signing it and it gets blocked by a judge means Bush is anti-gun?  Did you even read it?  They used enviro-whacko bullshit to get it blocked.

You really are reaching in your hatred for Bush.

Bush had said many times that he supported the AWB and would sign its renewal.    It was killed in the Senate,  I think Harry Reid voted against the renewal but I'm not positive on that.

God, this crap gets old.  He said he would sign it if was shown to have any impact on crime, which he full well knew it didn't.  He also knew that it would never get to his desk.

If he really wanted to sign it, he could have easily done so because the Dems attached an AWB renewal to the Industry Protection bill.  He told his floor leaders to send him a "clean bill".

Yeah, he should have said he was against the renewal, scaring the soccer moms and getting us a President would actively campaign for the renewal.

Yes, Bush signed the Industry Protection bill so that is a positive but what gun control laws did he roll back on a permanent basis?  None.  Heck he did a recess appointment of Michael Sullivan at the ATF who is very anti-gun anti-gun owner.

He can't roll back anything if it's never put on his desk.  It took almost 100 years to get where we are, so it ain't gonna all go away overnight.

His USSC appointments helped us get some favorable rulings lately, but let's hope that none of the 5 on our side retire while Obama is in office.

That would be a huge setback for many, many years, but I guess it's worth it "teach 'em a lesson".

The Industry Protection law is significant, moreso than you give it credit for being.  If things were allowed to continue, there would be few gun companies left.

As for Sullivan, I will just take your word that he is so anti-gun, but no one is perfect except, apparently, you.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We haven't had a pro-gun president since......welllllll, ummmmmm, since....... uhhhhhhhhh, <ahem>........ since well before I was born, and that was 1959.

JFK was very pro-gun.

Also, check GWBs record as governor of Texas.  Very pro-gun.

He can't change Federal laws all by himself.

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JFK was very pro-gun.

Also, check GWBs record as governor of Texas.  Very pro-gun.

He can't change Federal laws all by himself.

Thank you for educating me about JFK! I had NO idea he was pro-gun, but upon researching him just now, I found a quote of his that left no doubt about his support for the 2nd amendment. I guess I have always confused in my mind the gun control that resulted from his death, and somehow falsely attributed it to actions on his part. Thanks for setting me straight on that one!

As for GWB, I suspect that you and I will have to agree to disagree on that one. While he may have been a pro-gun governor, his reputation as a pro-gun president will ALWAYS be severely tarnished in my opinion. I specifically remember him stating, on much more than one occasion, that he supported the AWB and would sign it into law if congress would just put it before him.

ie:

Published on Friday, September 10, 2004 by the Los Angeles Times     Link

.....<snip> Politicians who had only a few years ago responded to public pressure for controls on such weapons are keeping a cautious distance. President Bush says he supports extending the assault weapons ban, but he has not aggressively worked for legislation to extend it. John F. Kerry, his Democratic presidential opponent, voted this year to extend the ban, but the Massachusetts senator often talks about how he enjoys hunting and supports the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.     .....<snip>

I'm sorry, maybe it was all just some grandstanding ploy, and the cleverness of the maneuver was too subtle for the likes of me, but when a president says, in his own words, from his own mouth, that he favors the AWB, and would sign it into law if it was placed before him, I have a hard time calling him a pro-gun president! I never once heard him qualify his support by saying he would only sign it IF it was shown to cut down on crime. I'll not say he never said that, but I never heard that from him, and I followed the end of the AWB on a minute by minute basis.

It was GWB's stance on the AWB that was the beginning of the end of my respect for him as a conservative leader.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard they usually give an F if they get no response to their questionnaire. Maybe it did not get in to them timely?
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Like Emu, I had never heard him link his willingness to extend the AWB to crime.   I doubt he could make that arguement since the Clinton Justice Department a couple of years earlier said there was NO impact on crime.   Those of who worked the issue at the time saw his administration work the Senate to pass the bill.   It almost passed until Rush exposed what was going on and then several "moderate" Republicans and a couple conservative Democrats flipped to oppose it.   The renewal bill almost passed because of W.

Bush's Concealed Carry law was written to discourage gun carrying and make it massively inconvenient.   His bill contains every wish that the Georgians For Gun Safety ask for every year.      Signage in English and Spanish, 10 to 15 hours of training with live fire, NO open carry including PRINTING, etc.      Texans know it sucks which is why only 1.6% of them have licenses.   Georgia's license percentage is 3.7%.

I agree he was better than Kerry and Algore BUT lets not revise history and claim he was something he wasn't.  

Need another example?    He could have reversed the various Executive Orders affecting the importation of weapons and ammo.   Did he?
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#19]
New rating. I haven't gotten an answer from NRA yet as to why it was like that, but her new rating is AQ and in that particular race, she's now the endorsed candidate.

I had posted this in the NRA forum, and DirectAction was right on top of it.

New rating

Select State Senate and district 43

I'm still curious as to why it was "F" to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent a message to the NRA yesterday also politely  inquiring if there was a mistake on either end, ect.., but haven't received a response yet either.  Glad they changed the grade.

Life NRA member and yearly GCO member
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#21]
These same douchenozzles gave AG candidate Sam Olens "[GFL Permit Holders] are a danger to our police and the public at large" an "A" (qualified) based on his questionnaire results. The same results that were used to pound the candidate in the OP.

I've been an NRA member a long time but between their fucking with GCO last legislative session and this I'm starting to wonder why.

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These same douchenozzles gave AG candidate Sam Olens "[GFL Permit Holders] are a danger to our police and the public at large" an "A" (qualified) based on his questionnaire results. The same results that were used to pound the candidate in the OP.

I've been an NRA member a long time but between their fucking with GCO last legislative session and this I'm starting to wonder why.

They lost me a loooooooooong time ago!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top