User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:11:26 AM EDT
what do y'all think about this?

article
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't make everyone happy.

I think Sonny is scheduled to sign it at 1:00 pm today.    
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I forwarded to a buddy of mine that owns several restaurants, and his dad is a CEO with one one company who has i think like 85 restaurants in the state.  They are both gonna call Mr. Ron and tell him he is an ahole!

heres contact for those that care:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
sonny is planning to sign it....right??? He has disappointed me a lot lately
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel like all of these people who oppose the bill do not understand it. It sounds like they interpret it to allow everyone to have a gun. All it does is allow the small percent of the population who have GFL to carry, and most people who have it don't carry 24/7.

and marta is retarded, hell if EVERYONE had a gun they could probably reduce security. (granted that would be after the first two weeks when all the retards killed each other off)
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
wait, if sonny signs it today then why doesn't it come into effect until july 1st?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
That's exactly what needs to happen, people that support the bill and are in the restaurant industry need to speak their mind to the assoc.

I agree w/ billypumper that most people who oppose it, probably don't understand it.  I mean, do they realize that the law only applies to GFL holders who have gone through state and federal background checks.  Funny how the ajc doesn't put emphasis on that aspect.

It just baffles me that they think laws will keep the criminals who will do them from bringing a gun in a restaurant...

Not to sound condescending on the police, but what's the avg response time?  2-3 minutes on a good day?  Even if it's just one minute.  Pretend someone just barged in a restaurant (or anywhere for that matter) to rob the place.  Watch the second hand on your clock for one minute.  One minute is a LOOOOONNNNNNG time when you are in danger.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but these are the things that baffle me about some of these folks who oppose this bill.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
mfile.akamai.com/21775/live/reflector:43718.asx

live video

watching right meow

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, he just said he was concerned about the restaurant side of the bill, and he would look into it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah no sig yet.

said he'll either sign it or veto it. no mention of not taking action.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you still listening?

I couldn't here the question asked, but he just mentioned the opposition from the hospitality industry about carrying in restaurants.  Then he went on to say how he is generally supportive of gun rights and hopes it is something he can sign.  If not, then he'll have to regretfully veto it.  He said he hasn't had a chance to look at it line by line yet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#12]
if any of you guys are in the restaurant business i suggest you contact that asshole with GA restaurant assoc.

I posted his email above in my earlier message.  I have been calling all the restaurant people i know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
wait, if sonny signs it today then why doesn't it come into effect until july 1st?

All state laws and changes go into effect July 1. Always have.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
DID HE SIGN IT?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#15]
does anyone know if hb89 was signed?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#16]
no new info on the nightly news...  did do a little report on it, but no news on whether it's signed or not.

anyone else know anything?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite some go in effect January 1st.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I am still trying to figure out what happened today. I went to the gubners website and this was the only thing i saw...I hope they just haven't updated it.

linky
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Still nothing?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Bah, not on his Sonny-do list?

To think he would veto or fail to sign something that actually fought tooth and nail and took many hits and amendments (based on reports) to get passed.  Take all those tax dollars we spent on legislation and just throw them away.  If there was a big land deal in it for him, he'd jump on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm still very optimistic. All he has to do is look at states with similar provisions, such as Texas and Florida, to see that, as usual, blood will not run in the streets if this is passed.

I've heard the same argument over and over about CCW, and it is NEVER backed up in fact.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#22]
only thing keeping me optimistic is that the fact that we did pass the stand your ground law after FL did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Gov. Perdue
Phone Number: 404-656-1776

I just called. I had called yesterday and wrote an email. The Gov. has not yet signed the bill yet. This time the gentleman answering the phone asked if I was for or against the bill.  

Pick up the phone!  Make the call! They are tracking the response
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Gov. Perdue
Phone Number: 404-656-1776

I just called. I had called yesterday and wrote an email. The Gov. has not yet signed the bill yet. This time the gentleman answering the phone asked if I was for or against the bill.  

Just called and told the nice man secretary I was FOR HB 89.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I called, lady answered and asked if for or against. They are still answering the phone at 4:55 in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
i got a call tonight around 6:45 or so from the NRA(i guess). It was automated.  my wife answered and put in on speaker in time for me to write down the #.  Of course noone answers at the governors office at 6:45.  

Good effort though...  I'll be calling in the am.

+should have been watching this post and my call could have already been in!
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

WHAT?  I just read this thread again.  The title needs to be changed to include "Fire mission" or similar to let people know this is an action item.  I had no idea.  I will call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT?  I just read this thread again.  The title needs to be changed to include "Fire mission" or similar to let people know this is an action item.  I had no idea.  I will call tomorrow.

Big +1, we need a fire mission. I'll be calling today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 4:38:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I just started a new thread linking to this one and quoting Mayo's post.  I hope we get enough people fast enough to sway Sonny to do his job.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I had no idea.  I will call tomorrow.

I know I a have been accused of "pimpin' GCO," but GCO keeps its members informed via email updates of all of these sorts of things.  Please consider joining GCO.

www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/georgiacarryorg-membership/

I believe you would not regret it.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know I a have been accused of "pimpin' GCO," but GCO keeps its members informed via email updates of all of these sorts of things.  Please consider joining GCO.

I have not gotten ANY e mails from GCO in quite some time now.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#33]
called, and for HB 89
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#34]
made my call @8:15 am said sign it
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have not gotten ANY e mails from GCO in quite some time now.....

Major problem, Nine5Three!  There have been three in the last 48 hours!

Please contact me at president at georgiacarry dot org with your real name, membership number (if you have it - if not put in the address or phone number you used to register), and a working email adress, and I will make sure you are hooked up.

Please check your spam folder first, though, to make sure they are not getting diverted.  

One of MINE went to my own spam folder!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

One of MINE went to my own spam folder!  

Now THAT takes Talent!
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

posted in GD last night, but it doesn't look like we are getting much help from our fellow ARFcommers  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=697475&page=1

I could use some helping bumping it back to the top from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Helped.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Malum,  Thanks for the link I joined GCO today and would encourage everyone to join!

I also called and e-mailed the governors office!
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite some go in effect January 1st.

Doooh!  I stand corrected sir.  I was not aware of that.  I learned something today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top