Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2009 3:23:25 PM EDT
ar-15 and handgun in the same week, or is there a waiting period? i live in south carolina.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of any laws saying you can't.  But it would be a state law if there was one.  Ask in your home town forum.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy till your hearts content.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the second question like this in a couple weeks.  Are there states that restrict the number of guns one can buy?
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is the second question like this in a couple weeks.  Are there states that restrict the number of guns one can buy?

Virginia is one handgun per 30 days. CCW holders are exempt now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tag, for the answer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virginia is one handgun per 30 days. CCW holders are exempt now.
...shall not be infringed?

Link Posted: 6/19/2009 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
SC used to restrict you to 1 handgun a month, that ridiculous law is gone now.  Buy all you want.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SC used to restrict you to 1 handgun a month, that ridiculous law is gone now.  Buy all you want.

However, multiple handgun purchases do get flagged. How many "multiple" is I don't know.

Yeah, we haven't had "one handgun a month" for some time now. I loved how the Brady Bunch spun themselved out over that one!
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
ok, thanks for the info everybody.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, multiple handgun purchases do get flagged. How many "multiple" is I don't know.

Yeah, we haven't had "one handgun a month" for some time now. I loved how the Brady Bunch spun themselved out over that one!

Multiple = two in 7 or 10 days (don't remember exactly) from the same dealer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#11]
We are in the process of getting our pistol permit through SLED.  As I recall, 2 pistol purchase in the same 7 day period, from the same dealer - gets flagged.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought 2 pistols, 1 AR, and 1 .223 Bolt gun in one day. No black helo's around, yet.
BK
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We are in the process of getting our pistol permit through SLED.  As I recall, 2 pistol purchase in the same 7 day period, from the same dealer - gets flagged.

there is no flag, the FFL is required to report it...
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]
In NY they monitor how many handguns you buy and in the NJ/NY HTF there is a copy of a letter from the state magistrate inquiring why they bought 6 and trying for a 7th, where they are kept etc.

NJ tried passing a one per month law recently but I moved out of NJ thankfully so I haven't followed it since.

Even back in NJ, I bought an 870 and 2 handguns from one dealer at the same time and no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top