Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2012 6:53:58 PM EDT
His mom is in the hospital with some serious issues. His mom is awesome. Great woman.  My thoughts are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]

I wish him and his Mother the best .
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry to hear that

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh man....that's a bad deal
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
On the way.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope mom recovers quickly.  She will be in our prayers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 3:30:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Smullen and family added to prayer list.  God bless and godspeed.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#10]
There are no good words, only good thoughts.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish your mom a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#12]
prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are no good words, only good thoughts.

+1

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#15]
You and all your family, and mom are in our prayers
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#16]
You've got mine.  Hope she gets better soon.
 -respectfully, Dan
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Our thoughts and prayers are with you smullen
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Get well soon momma smullen.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Smullen, your in my thoughts.  Need anything let us know.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#20]
prayer sent!
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Just talked o Scott. They ruled out another stroke. Now they say she had a liver problem that caused her liver to let dangerous levels of ammonia to build in her brain. They have treatment going and is responding well to it. They still are unsure of permanant damage as of yet. Thanks for all prayers and anymore that are sent are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, it means alot..  I did not know about this tread till I talked to John this evening..

I had posted one in team late last night...

Here is a quick copy for those not in team and an update under that.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original post from other thread.

I get a call at work this morning from my sister that lives with her... They are in the Ambulance taking her to the Hospitaland they think she had another Stroke... She doesn't know her name, who my sister is or my sister's kids... She can't get her to get outta bed or hardly even move...

After a few hours we're allowed to see her. The doc is in with her and us, and he is grilling us for all the facts to better make a diagnosis...

He tries to get her to say her name, but she can't/won't... After about 5 or 6 mins of that, I rub her foot and tell her we are all there for her and we really need her to try and say her name... After me doing that 3-4 times, I get her to stammer her 1st and last name... Then when we ask her where she is (i'm expecting her to say Hospitol or DePaul, a hospitol she knows well) she again stammers her 1st and last name... I ask her the date and she says her 1st and last name... After several times of that, she tells me her birthdate for the current date...

She had a stroke last year and her whole right side is paralyzed... Now she can't move or control her left side..

The Doctors are pretty much like ... WTF...
So after hours and hours and a few more hours the doc says he doesn't think its a stroke, he sees the last stroke on the MRI (I think) but no signs of a new one...

He thinks its a few things...

He thinks that her body has developed some sort of Autoimune problem in where its attacking her Liver and its failing... From tests it shows she has toxic levels of Amonia<SP> in her system and its poisioning her brain causing the stroke like symptoms... But they are not sure...

She may have Lupis or a host of other Liver diseases...

He said they are going to give her meds that will make her crap alot to try and flush the Amonia out of her system and get it back down to a noral level and hopefully she will regain her faculties and not have any brain damage...

as of a bit ago, her communications are still all jacked up... She is crying really badly that she is in pain, but can't tell me where it hurts or point to it...

I'm going back in the morning and suppsoed to talk to a ""Liver Guy"... The Brain/stroke guy was like ....

It really sucks to watch a loved one go though this and not be able to do anything but look on and pray while they suffer... Sucks even worse to see my father in such pain, because he can't do anything for her... I'm seen my dad take some pretty bad ass injuries and not shed a tear and see'in him wellup over mom is a huge kick in the nuts...

I'll update this as I get info...

Oh yea, SSM Depaul blocks ar15.com... I tried to go there today and post this, but I got websensed....

~~~~~~~~~~

Update....

just got back from another long day at the Hospital with momma (like 8am-10pm)...

Some positive update, not much but its something...

She is talking better today not 100%, but some.. The nurse said the Amonia level is dropping and as that drops she will hopefully be returning back to normal or as normal as she was before this incident...

At least today, she could point with the one semi-good arm to let me know where it hurts and say a bit more than her name... So I really think her mental state is improving and coming back.

Whats got me frustrated is its like you never see any doctors and they are not real forthcomming with the info...

But, I think that is becasue they don't want to tell you, "OH its this and its going to be better Friday", then its not...

From what little I got from the Nurse, It seems like it will take a few days to get the Amonia levels down and then we can see what the real damage is and what the path is from there...

They sent her down for some rays on her legs to see if the infection there (shin area, I guess you call it, but all the way around) was getting into her bones and blood?

Never heard anything back o that, so I'm hoping thats a good thing.

I just can't stant the wait... I want to know something good and something now!!!

I have some errands to do in the mornin, but after that I'll be headed back up there for the rest of the day...

Again, Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and prayers...

Updates as they come...

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers sent!  We have been through similar issues in our home.  
May she recover fully and quickly!
God Bless!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got back home again...

Pretty much more of the same...  They did give feed her some Chicken broth...  Shit was so thin, I think they dunked a chicken in it like three times and said here ya go...
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about your mom's current health, hope she recovers fully and quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top